2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

5 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Korea wearing red twice is a CRIME

That's their primary home kit, when they draw lots they are assigned home and away positions for each game as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's their primary home kit, when they draw lots they are assigned home and away positions for each game as well. 

I meant it more as “wearing white only once is a CRIME” b/c I think those white ones are just awesome tbh

didnt know they drew home and away spots too I just assumed the kit matchups were predetermined

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 27/5/2018 at 1:03 AM, Digby said:

I never actually ran the numbers but I seem to recall that in 2014, every team managed to ensure they wore each of their kits once in the group stage. At least it felt that  way!

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's usually what they try to do at all the tournaments. 

Checked the matchups and 11 out of the 32 2014 World Cup teams only wore the home shirt. And of course a sizeable percentage of those who wore both were forced to do so due to kit clashes (such as Colombia breaking out  their reds in the quarter final vs. Brazil).  These matchups look more random, but it could be just teams preferring to change shirts intead of combining mismatching shorts in case of clashes

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Checked the matchups and 11 out of the 32 2014 World Cup teams only wore the home shirt. And of course a sizeable percentage of those who wore both were forced to do so due to kit clashes (such as Colombia breaking out  their reds in the quarter final vs. Brazil).  These matchups look more random, but it could be just teams preferring to change shirts intead of combining mismatching shorts in case of clashes

At least from our games, it seems like FIFA is sticking to strictly Primary Home vs Away kits this year unless there's a major clash? Not too sure since Korean media only announced our matchups and not the other matches. Since FIFA designated us as Away, Home, Home for our group matches

I wonder if the green Germany kit was ever potentially all green in the design phase? The new EA Sports World Cup update for FIFA 18 came out today, and unfortunately they ruined one of the best kits of the tournament with green shorts. Surprising they’d let this happen to the reigning champion.

kKUVxIG.jpg

Totally kills the feel of the kit. In fact, it’s very similar to one worn by the women.

csm_161884-marozsan_england_5bb110e1dc.j

For reference, it should have white shorts with teal stripes, and black numbers and adidas logo.

9e58eb844ce24bd0b052167e4c73ea0d.jpg?ito

EA Has a history of not being right. Remember the bomb pop USA kits? I remember them being all red, bu in FIFA 14 they had blue shorts and red socks as opposed to it all being red. Not the first time a look has gotten worse due to false info. I guess FIFA has to keep it all under wraps though so nobody caught the error.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Excellent article from Reuters about Adidas and Nike's financial information related to kit and shoe sponsorship at this year's World Cup.

Adidas takes 12-10 lead over Nike in World Cup shirt deals

A couple interesting tidbits:

[Adidas] which is also the official sponsor of the tournament, expects only a limited financial impact, partly because this year’s World Cup takes place in Russia, where the economy is in the doldrums.

“The World Cup in Russia does carry lower financial opportunities than the similar event four years ago in Brazil,” Adidas Chief Executive Kasper Rorsted said earlier this month.

After Nike kitted out more teams for the first time in Brazil in 2014, Adidas has fought back, this year sponsoring 12 of the 32 participating teams, including strong contenders like Germany and Spain, along with hosts Russia.

Nike, which only got heavily involved in soccer when the World Cup was played in the United States in 1994, is supplying shirts for 10 countries, including Brazil, France and England.

An exception is Iran, which faces new sanctions after U.S. President Donald Trump pulled out of an international nuclear deal. Nike says none of the country’s players are wearing its shoes, while Adidas is providing the team’s jerseys.

i might have said it before in this thread, but while we're on the topic of nigeria, im not a fan of the zebra-shoulders but the green and white part is fantastic. and the dark green change kit is also stellar.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

It's different, but eh. Kinda messy. I'm all for more character in kit designs but it can be done with a bit more polish.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Might only interest me:

Germany often wears sponsored match shirts for training (usually with the Mercedes Benz emblem). This year’s version also includes a team slogan on both the sleeve and the back promoting their campaign to win their fifth World Cup.

To accomodate the Mercedes Benz logo, the adidas logo was moved to the center of the chest. They also raised the DFB crest to be the same height as the Mercedes logo (otherwise it would intrude on the stripe pattern). It also does not have the FIFA World Champions badge.

This is what the shirt normally looks like. Obviously missing the Mercedes and Best Never Rest patches. But mainly the adidas logo returns to the wearer’s right chest and the DFB crest is a little lower (notice how the crest dips below the cut out of the stripe). The FIFA badge is also there.

None of this by itself is really remarkable. I mostly bring it up to draw attention to this odd shirt that Boateng has been training in. It’s a hybrid between the match shirt and the training shirt. The crest and the FIFA patch are in the match shirt configuration. The adidas logo is centered in the training configuration. The Mercedes logo intrudes into the stripes (unlike the examples above). I guess they could have taken a normal match shirt and added the Mercedes emblem over the adidas patch and added the adidas back to the center chest. All very confusing!

P8uV9C4.jpg

24 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

P8uV9C4.jpg

I know other nations will roll out prematch or training kits with sponsors but this one stands out because they can confuse people into thinking that FIFA was allowing sponsors on the kits. gameday jerseys require that the Adidas logo not be centered though but unless you follow branding rules you wouldn't know that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

OK, so this may be a really odd detail to care about, but it looks like they've gone with blue wall wrapping for the stadiums. I wish they went with red, as it seems more like the color of this World Cup. On top of that, the 2014 WC and 2017 Confed Cup also had blue. You'd think it doesn't matter, but it's basically the backdrop of every match and highlight.   

15 hours ago, zigbazah said:

OK, so this may be a really odd detail to care about, but it looks like they've gone with blue wall wrapping for the stadiums. I wish they went with red, as it seems more like the color of this World Cup. On top of that, the 2014 WC and 2017 Confed Cup also had blue. You'd think it doesn't matter, but it's basically the backdrop of every match and highlight.   

FIFA could be following NCAA logic which is to make sure the tournament has one look that's uniform across the board. Blue is also their color and not Russia's which is why they'll want to put their look on things, even if they don't have their logos on it.The ball for the final should be a different look that the other balls used if they follow up with what they've done since 2006. Each tournament game ball will have the name of the teams, date and stadium it is used at. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived