2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia Full home kit:

russia-2018-world-cup-home-kit-7.jpg

This is a replica and It looks like now replicas are making in climalite technology instead of climacool like always.

Spain full home:

spain-2018-lk-11.jpg

This is an authentic and here is also a change from adizero to climachill.

4r2eer.png

Love it, those socks imitating the flag are great

Spainspain-2018-lk-11.jpg

spain-2018-lk-6.jpg

Pretty good update of the 1994 kit. Love that dual colored adidas stripes are back for good. Not a fan of the monochrome crest which doesn’t even look good with that much blue on the shirt. Also not a fan of the black socks, in the 1994 kit they were navy, I think blue or red socks would have looked better. And of course the adidas script was less distracting than the adidas equipment logo

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The fabric looks almost 2000’s NBA level shimmery. Fantastic shirt, would have looked even better with black shorts and yellow socks and maybe even the adidas stripes recreating the flag like the original. Still, top-notch job by adidas, they’re killing it.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

24 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

Adidas is really knocking it out of the park. Sadly, FIFA will probably force monochrome kits and thus screw up most of these looks. 

I think adidas and Nike did this to themselves based on rumors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The fabric looks almost 2000’s NBA level shimmery. Fantastic shirt, would have looked even better with black shorts and yellow socks and maybe even the adidas stripes recreating the flag like the original. Still, top-notch job by adidas, they’re killing it.

I thought it looked like the softer cotton-like material that's been in fashion for athletic gear of late -- great news for casual kit buyers for sure. I always thought the performance meshy polyester was weirdly uncomfortable for workouts anyway.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Wasn't Portugal supposed to have a cross design on the front? Whatever happened to that?

Also, that collar looks awful.

Yes, they were originally supposed to have a cross design on the front, as well as a monochrome crest, like on this ball:

9DCF2EF8-BBAB-49BA-9818-509016BCB11A.thumb.png.13f9df11f9fa758b12a3d26e13472943.png

The cross design is still on their pre-match shirt for the WC, so they likely either scrapped it at the last minute or chose to just relegate it to the pre-match shirt. Since all of the other premier teams have unique graphics that’ve been leaked, I’m hopeful it’s just Portugal that won’t have it on the actual match shirt, and that the other teams will still have their bespoke designs present.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Mexico. I think this is one of the worse adidas kits, the colors look too dark and México didn’t even wear adidas in the 90’s so I don’t see the point in going with a classic 90’s adidas look

mexico-rusia-2018-lk-8.jpg

mexico-rusia-2018-lk-1.jpg

and Japan updated their logo. Looks like a pretty good update, though I’d still have made the three legged crow Yatagarasu hold a football 

all-new-japan-2018-national-team-logo+%2

07Giants.pngnyy.png

37 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

and Japan updated their logo. Looks like a pretty good update, though I’d still have made the three legged crow Yatagarasu hold a football 

all-new-japan-2018-national-team-logo+%2

Is there some kind of FIFA regulation that all crests have to have some kind of English on it (or at least have something spelled out in the Latin alphabet)?

It's weird to me when a crest or uniform representing a country and its people doesn't have any representation of the language that at least a plurality of its people use on an everyday basis, and is part of their country's culture, history, and heritage (or has it subordinate to another language like Israel's crest).

That said, I like the improvements to the rendering of the crow, and I'd love to see them use it without the shield the way Liverpool does.

Archived