2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, Jack Holmes said:

I dislike these monochrome Nike kits.

France need white shorts. So do Brazil. Australia need green shorts.

France have white shorts, but they forced to wear navy vs Peru because of FIFA. The same case is with Brazil vs Costa Rica.

Also Australia got green shorts, but unfortunately they didn't use them with home kit.

4r2eer.png

Fairy nice looking matchup between Poland and Colombia, with the former in their traditional white/red/white and the latter in all-blue. I’m still not completely sold on the orange accents on Colombia’s away kit, but I have to say the kit is much more tolerable with the blue shorts rather than the garish orange ones.

DgejW1eXkAASAty?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Fairy nice looking matchup between Poland and Colombia, with the former in their traditional white/red/white and the latter in all-blue. I’m still not completely sold on the orange accents on Colombia’s away kit, but I have to say the kit is much more tolerable with the blue shorts rather than the garish orange ones.

Maybe it's just me, but Colombia looks like their wearing purple, not blue. 

46 minutes ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I might be in the minority here, but for some reason I LOVE this maroonish/wine color that Mexico is using on their kits this year:

fbl-wc-2018-match28-kor-mex-5b2e7bee7134

No you're not.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

15 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe it's just me, but Colombia looks like their wearing purple, not blue. 

The uniforms look blue to me, but the numbers and stripes look pink, not orange.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, adobo said:

Just sittin here being frustrated by the thought of how beautiful this matchup would be if Russia were wearing their home reds...

Truth. Worst game for Russia to wear the aways, IMO! They look better with the dark shorts, and I personally dislike white vs light blue nearly as much as white vs yellow.

Definitely not the best matchup possibilty, either in aesthetics or in terms of max contrast.

oufawzwifirgvfvumau0.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Truth. Worst game for Russia to wear the aways, IMO! They look better with the dark shorts, and I personally dislike white vs light blue nearly as much as white vs yellow.

Definitely not the best matchup possibilty, either in aesthetics or in terms of max contrast.

oufawzwifirgvfvumau0.jpg

Should have worn them vs Egypt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In response to many different posts above,

Belgium has 2 fantastic kits this year

The wine red Mexico is using is Beautiful

All blue Brazil I really like

Colombia's away would be perfect if the trim was dandelion-yellow as opposed to orange

Russia could've worn red and still clashed with uruguay

and if France in blue white red clashes with all white peru, that is obscurd.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Since I keep kvetching here, credit where it's due: this is close to the platonic ideal Portugal kit for me. So glad they're back to gold printing and logos, particularly the lovely metallic type. And the green socks theoretically go against tradition as well as my preference for matching the shirt, but maybe that's this rule's exception.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I might be in the minority here, but for some reason I LOVE this maroonish/wine color that Mexico is using on their kits this year:

fbl-wc-2018-match28-kor-mex-5b2e7bee7134

I only hate this because it looks too much like Fluminense. But it's a nice color combo when the main one is white.

infuriating

[edit]

The only chance we have of seeing b/w/r in the round of 16 is if France play Argentina. The light kits of every other group D team have white shorts, forcing France into b/b/r. 

Then again, FIFA could always be dicks about it and make Argentina wear white shorts just to screw that up. 

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

So, per their FB, France is wearing the white away kits today. 

Aka, we will not see France in the primary blue/white/red this entire group stage.

So stupid

Denmark’s the designated home team, and they’re in their traditional red/white/red, so France wouldn’t have been able to wear the red socks (and likely the white shorts too) anyways even if they decided to wear the home kits. They probably would’ve had to go all-blue, which would be vastly inferior to the white/blue/white they’re in today. Having said that, I do agree that it’s ridiculous they haven’t been able to go blue/white/red in any of their three group games. The Australia game is really the one where they should’ve been allowed to do so. I can understand a clash between the two teams’ shorts and/or socks, but a sock clash between a team’s field players and keeper isn’t enough to make the team have to wear clash socks, as was the case with France having to wear navy socks in that game.

I actually think this Denmark/France game is a really nice looking matchup. Red/white/red vs. white/blue/white is almost always a good looking matchup, and both kits in this game are quite nice.

Dgn-zn3X0AAI0y0?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived