2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

55 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Denmark’s the designated home team, and they’re in their traditional red/white/red, so France wouldn’t have been able to wear the red socks (and likely the white shorts too) anyways even if they decided to wear the home kits. They probably would’ve had to go all-blue, which would be vastly inferior to the white/blue/white they’re in today. Having said that, I do agree that it’s ridiculous they haven’t been able to go blue/white/red in any of their three group games. The Australia game is really the one where they should’ve been allowed to do so. I can understand a clash between the two teams’ shorts and/or socks, but a sock clash between a team’s field players and keeper isn’t enough to make the team have to wear clash socks, as was the case with France having to wear navy socks in that game.

I actually think this Denmark/France game is a really nice looking matchup. Red/white/red vs. white/blue/white is almost always a good looking matchup, and both kits in this game are quite nice.

Dgn-zn3X0AAI0y0?format=jpg

I love so much what Nike has done since they took over France. Class almost every time. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia gonna have to wear the blue for the third time this WC. The red and white of Denmark clashes. Thank goodness the blue isn’t an eyesore but their red and white is too pretty to wear only 1/4, and that’s the PRIMARY! Shame on FIFA and the providers for forcing the teams to wear both kits.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Croatia gonna have to wear the blue for the third time this WC. The red and white of Denmark clashes. Thank goodness the blue isn’t an eyesore but their red and white is too pretty to wear only 1/4, and that’s the PRIMARY! Shame on FIFA and the providers for forcing the teams to wear both kits.

Eh, this year’s checkered kit kinda looks awful with the solid white back and red raglan sleeves, so I’m fine with this.

Croatia would be in the change kit for the quarterfinal, too — both Spain and Russia have red and white shirts. If you go further, they could be forced to change in a prospective semi-final, too, with England and Switzerland possible opponents.

6fQjS3M.png

33 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I have a BAD feeling that FIFA is going to force France v Argentina to be a game where both teams are wearing their away jerseys.

Since they've been worn once, FIFA will want the big teams to show off their primary looks. I'm just glad France should be BWR for once. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since they've been worn once, FIFA will want the big teams to show off their primary looks. I'm just glad France should be BWR for once. 

I'm afraid that they'll say France's blue clashes with Argentina's blue stripes.

But, same. I love the bwr

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I have a BAD feeling that FIFA is going to force France v Argentina to be a game where both teams are wearing their away jerseys.

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I'm afraid that they'll say France's blue clashes with Argentina's blue stripes.

But, same. I love the bwr

I really doubt that’ll happen, especially because this year’s Argentina home shirt is predominantly white and with a slightly lighter shade of blue for the stripes. I’d say the worst case scenario is that we’ll end up with France in navy/navy/red and Argentina in all-white, but really both teams should be allowed to wear their traditional home kit combos.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Pet peeve alert --

It drives me crazy that many teams have to alter their traditional kit (and/or have to wear a bastardized combination) because the shorts clash.  I've played soccer most of my life and don't remember ever being confused because the other team was wearing the same color shorts as my team.  I can understand the socks, but the issue with the shorts makes little sense to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Both of this morning’s matchups are quite nice IMO:

DgtGzZbXkAAP7zc?format=jpgDgtGzY9W4AABSe1?format=jpg

I agree with @adobo though, Mexico/Sweden is absolutely gorgeous and easily my favorite matchup of the tournament thus far. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s my favorite matchup of all time, but it’s certainly one of the better looking matchups I’ve seen in a while.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Referees mostly depend on the shorts and socks for stuff like offsides and so on. 

That makes a little more sense.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Referees mostly depend on the shorts and socks for stuff like offsides and so on. 

i understand the socks but the shorts feel a bit much since they're right next to the shirt color and dont really stray from the players center of gravity

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Pet peeve alert --

It drives me crazy that many teams have to alter their traditional kit (and/or have to wear a bastardized combination) because the shorts clash.  I've played soccer most of my life and don't remember ever being confused because the other team was wearing the same color shorts as my team.  I can understand the socks, but the issue with the shorts makes little sense to me.

This is solely a FIFA World Cup issue as they don't even require that contrast for qualifiers. USA/Mexico had been contested with both teams in white shorts until the game in Mexico City last year. Newcastle vs Sunderland even had matching shorts a few times though recently. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, adobo said:

Absolutely detest the yellow/white/white look that Colombia's been sporting. Looks bad on anyone, even worse when Brazil does it, mind you.

2018-06-19T135852Z_1937641098_RC15E4E79D

Came here to post this. Hate the fried egg combination for Brazil, and now I know I hate it for Colombia as well. 

Archived