2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, flyersfan said:

Croatia gonna have to wear the blue for the third time this WC. The red and white of Denmark clashes. Thank goodness the blue isn’t an eyesore but their red and white is too pretty to wear only 1/4, and that’s the PRIMARY! Shame on FIFA and the providers for forcing the teams to wear both kits.

IMO, the navy/black just isn't Croatia. (nevermind the fact that those 2 colors should never be used together anyway)  They should have used royal/black checkers on the away kit and it would look way better.

Looks like both France and Argentina will rightly be in their traditional home kits tomorrow:

Dgxl46lX0AEX7H9?format=jpg

Uruguay/Portugal, though, will feature Uruguay in their light blue/black home kits and Portugal in their all-white secondaries:

france-argentina-match-up+%25281%2529.pn

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like both France and Argentina will rightly be in their traditional home kits tomorrow:

Faith in FIFA restor--

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Uruguay/Portugal, though, will feature Uruguay in their light blue/black home kits and Portugal in their all-white secondaries:

damn

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Dgxl46lX0AEX7H9?format=jpg

france-argentina-match-up+%25281%2529.pn

out of curiosity whats the source? and Portugal just absolutely makes zero sense

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

out of curiosity whats the source? and Portugal just absolutely makes zero sense

Todo Sobre Camisetas, Footy Headlines, and @hendocfc have all either reported or at least commented on those two matchups thus far.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

that France - Argentina match will be a thing of beauty. Nothing is better uniform wise that 2 classic teams in their classic gear battling on the big stage

CR_ORG_france-argentina-2009-messi-2018J

Last time they played each other.

Come to think of it, I like in the group stages you get these weird combinations that you never get to see again. The fact that France wore Blue/White/Blue against

also, real quick if anyone can help.

A couple years ago I use to look on this Japanese site that has pictures of damn near pictures of every uniform combination for all national teams, do any of you happen to have it? Thanks

I would have preferred them to stick with the black and white ball all tournament. I'm a purist. Keep it traditional. Too many colours and versions of everything, just feeding into the instant gratification mindset we all have today.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:16 AM, mjd77 said:

IMO, the navy/black just isn't Croatia. (nevermind the fact that those 2 colors should never be used together anyway)  They should have used royal/black checkers on the away kit and it would look way better.

The main reason that dark blue and black are thought of as incompatible is because the combination is rarely used in an effective, purposeful way (and thus, to its full potential). Croatia looks fantastic in this color combination, and it’s perfect for a change kit. The blue and black are different enough to showcase the checkered design but close enough to create a subtle and solid background for the other elements to stand against. The main kit is beautiful in its own right, but you can’t deny that it is very noisy, and the numbers and crest do get lost in the checkered background.

Another tried-and-true example of this color combination is a midnight blue tuxedo; looks great with the black satin lapels, pant braid, waistcoat, and shoes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Historical Football Kits has posted all of the Round of 16 kit matchups:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/FIFA_World_Cup/2018/2018-knock-out-stages.html

Brazil/Mexico should be a really nice matchup with both teams in their traditional kits. Spain/Russia, Belgium/Japan, and Sweden/Switzerland should all be fairly decent matchups, though not nearly as nice as France/Argentina and Brazil/Mexico. Shame that Colombia is so insistent on wearing the white shorts and socks with their home kit, which effectively forced England to go all-red.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As expected, France/Argentina is a beautiful kit matchup:

Dg8kWUpXkAMDW_a?format=jpg

Easily one of the best of the tournament thus far with both teams in their traditional strips. Good balance too between the dark/light/dark of France and light/dark/light of Argentina.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived