2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

3 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Best possible Final is Brazil vs Croatia.

Worst is Brazil vs Sweden. All blue vs all yellow. 

Somehow FIFA would make Croatia wear all black. Best would be England in RWR vs Brazil in their standard home look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia in final would look bad. I don't like their kits. Croatia should be able to wear the home vs any not Belgium, and England will look awesome in white which wont clash with any of them. Sweden in blue-yellow-blue versus Belgium all red is probably best imo, OR england white-navy-white vs brazil in home is also great

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Russia in final would look bad. I don't like their kits. Croatia should be able to wear the home vs any not Belgium, and England will look awesome in white which wont clash with any of them. Sweden in blue-yellow-blue versus Belgium all red is probably best imo, OR england white-navy-white vs brazil in home is also great

Croatia’s kit is a clash with any red kit or white kit because of how they designed it, no two ways around it — the shoulders and sleeves clash with any red shirt, and the back of the shirt clashes with white. Typically I’m fine with white/color striped/hooped/checkered kits being worn against plain white, but it just wouldn't work for Croatia this year.

6fQjS3M.png

From Todo Sobre Camisetas, here are the matchups for the first two quarterfinals:

DhRhwxSX0AEzurU?format=jpg

DhRhwxSWAAEypSi?format=jpg

Pretty much as expected. I’m guessing France will be in white shorts to contrast with Uruguay’s black shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Why on earth can't uruguay be in light blue-black-black and france be in navy blue-white-red?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:22 AM, crashcarson15 said:

Croatia’s kit is a clash with any red kit or white kit because of how they designed it, no two ways around it — the shoulders and sleeves clash with any red shirt, and the back of the shirt clashes with white. Typically I’m fine with white/color striped/hooped/checkered kits being worn against plain white, but it just wouldn't work for Croatia this year.

Sometimes I wished Croatia would have their square home and a separate color like lime or silver for their clash.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, crashcarson15 said:

This is why FIFA needs to allow planned third kits ahead of the World Cup. The stipulation should be to use the home and aways and only use the third kit as a last resort. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here are the shirt matchups for tomorrow’s quarterfinals:

DhXNvWgXcAENH5_?format=jpgDhXNvXTWAAAZdAm?format=jpg

I’d assume Russia/Croatia will be red/white/red vs. all-black, and Sweden/England will be yellow/blue/yellow vs. red/white/red. The latter should be a really nice looking matchup, and one of the better looking matchups of the tournament thus far (assuming England doesn’t go with the red shorts).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 7/4/2018 at 5:53 AM, zigbazah said:

Worst is Brazil vs Sweden. All blue vs all yellow. 

Couldn't they just mirror each other in this one (sort of)?

Brazil -- Yellow-Blue-White

Sweden -- Blue-Yellow-Blue

Or would the Brazil jersey matching the Sweden shorts be considered a clash?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

36 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Couldn't they just mirror each other in this one (sort of)?

Brazil -- Yellow-Blue-White

Sweden -- Blue-Yellow-Blue

Or would the Brazil jersey matching the Sweden shorts be considered a clash?

Clashes only apply to the item. So yellow shorts vs blue shorts won't "clash" like white shorts would. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Clashes only apply to the item. So yellow shorts vs blue shorts won't "clash" like white shorts would. 

Thanks.  That's what I thought, but I wasn't positive.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

England are in all-red, again, tomorrow.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Rules and Regulations 48.2 states that "Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (one predominately dark and one predominately light kit) for its official and reserve team kit (shirt, shorts and socks). This information shall be sent to FIFA on the team colour form. Only these colours may be worn at the matches."

Given that England's official colours are (according to the FA and Nike) White/Navy/White and Red/White/Red, the continuing use of red shorts is puzzling.  There is nothing in the rules to permit the use of a third kit.  Either England's official "Team Colour Form" included the red shorts instead of the white ones, or the rules are not worth the paper they're written on and are simply being ignored.  Given that the red shorts aren't even commercially available, I suspect the latter.

Are these "Team Colour Forms" published?  Colombia are another case in point - their official colours (again, according to the kit manufacturer) are yellow/navy/red and blue/orange/blue, but they wore white shorts in the World Cup whenever possible, and the orange shorts never saw the light of day.  Odd.

As an Englishman, a pedant and a traditionalist, I find all of this very disappointing.  We finally have two great-looking kits and neither of them are being used.  Hopefully we'll beat Sweden and play Russia in the semis and France in the final, playing both matches in white/navy/white!

38 minutes ago, DunkirkPie said:

England are in all-red, again, tomorrow.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Rules and Regulations 48.2 states that "Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (one predominately dark and one predominately light kit) for its official and reserve team kit (shirt, shorts and socks). This information shall be sent to FIFA on the team colour form. Only these colours may be worn at the matches."

Given that England's official colours are (according to the FA and Nike) White/Navy/White and Red/White/Red, the continuing use of red shorts is puzzling.  There is nothing in the rules to permit the use of a third kit.  Either England's official "Team Colour Form" included the red shorts instead of the white ones, or the rules are not worth the paper they're written on and are simply being ignored.  Given that the red shorts aren't even commercially available, I suspect the latter.

Are these "Team Colour Forms" published?  Colombia are another case in point - their official colours (again, according to the kit manufacturer) are yellow/navy/red and blue/orange/blue, but they wore white shorts in the World Cup whenever possible, and the orange shorts never saw the light of day.  Odd.

As an Englishman, a pedant and a traditionalist, I find all of this very disappointing.  We finally have two great-looking kits and neither of them are being used.  Hopefully we'll beat Sweden and play Russia in the semis and France in the final, playing both matches in white/navy/white!

FIFA makes the final call. England certainly told them they have white shorts, it's FIFA making the final call. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I appreciate that FIFA have the final say, but do they just sign off whatever countries propose? France wore blue socks against Australia (in all yellow) for no reason. Their home socks are red and their away socks are white. Neither of these options would have constituted a clash, and both have since been worn in the tournament. A shame because France have two absolutely blinding kits this year!

With the first semifinal set between France and Belgium, and France as the designated home team, I’m hoping we get Les Bleus in their traditional blue/white/red and Belgium in yellow/black/yellow. Both teams could conceivably wear their home kits, but one of the teams would have to wear clash socks. I think the most attractive kit matchup between the two teams would be the one I mentioned above anyways though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here are the shirt matchups for tomorrow’s quarterfinals:

DhXNvWgXcAENH5_?format=jpgDhXNvXTWAAAZdAm?format=jpg

I’d assume Russia/Croatia will be red/white/red vs. all-black, and Sweden/England will be yellow/blue/yellow vs. red/white/red. The latter should be a really nice looking matchup, and one of the better looking matchups of the tournament thus far (assuming England doesn’t go with the red shorts).

That Russia v Croatia is two dark uniforms v each other and will look ugly.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Archived