2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me was still worried that FIFA'd say that the blue on Russia's socks clashes with croatia's socks... which would be ludicrous but wouldn't necessarily surprise me.

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So Croatia will be higher ranked but still have to wear all black.

Yep, although they’ll probably go with the red socks as opposed to the black ones they were in today. England will be able to (and absolutely should) go white/navy/white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, tigers said:

Russia did pretty well getting to where they did seeming they are around 80 on the FIFA rankings.

Being the host, they had no competetive matches in the past years (except for the Confed Cup), that's why they're so low on the FIFA rankings.

13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Being the host, they had no competetive matches in the past years (except for the Confed Cup), that's why they're so low on the FIFA rankings.

Everyone else didn't want to play them in case they were juiced up.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Here are the shirt matchups for the two semifinals:

GK3qHu6.jpgK8HkpDB.jpg

A bit disappointed to see Belgium in red, as that likely means France is going navy/white/navy again. Belgium could also change to their yellow socks, but France seems like the more likely team to change socks since they’ve already done so once in this tournament. I would’ve much rather seen France in traditional navy/white/red and Belgium in yellow/black/yellow, though. As for Croatia/England, I’m guessing Croatia will go black/black/red since the red socks are the first choice and won’t clash with England’s white socks. I’m hoping England can go white/navy/white, but it wouldn’t surprise me if FIFA’s nonsense kit rules force England into wearing all-white, as the navy shorts are somewhat close to Croatia’s black shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As I feared, England will be in all-white against Croatia:

Won’t be a bad look at all, it’s just stupid that FIFA’s kit rules are so strict that England’s white/navy/white isn’t enough contrast from Croatia’s all-black (or black/black/red).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sucks about England in all white. Seems to be bit unlucky based on previous tournaments where they wore white shorts. 

Wonder if there's a scenario where Croatia gets to wear their home kit again in this tournament. Against France in navy/navy/red it should work. Against Belgium in yellow/black/yellow, maybe not. England didn't get to wear white vs colombia. 

5 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

Sucks about England in all white. Seems to be bit unlucky based on previous tournaments where they wore white shorts. 

Wonder if there's a scenario where Croatia gets to wear their home kit again in this tournament. Against France in navy/navy/red it should work. Against Belgium in yellow/black/yellow, maybe not. England didn't get to wear white vs colombia. 

The red squares should offer enough of a clash since Belgium's yellow is darker than Colombia's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not real up to date with the FIFA rules on kits...

Since France is the home team, do they get to wear their traditional kit, Blue, white, red, and Belgium has to find non clashing components, OR do both teams have to work together to create a non clashing combo?

Archived