2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

The navy England shorts are there because 1) these are the colours of the FA and 2) navy shorts were adopted because most players in the 1880s wore their own knickers,which were mostly navy,so the FA just adopted navy ones full time when they started supplying players with them.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All things considered, I’d say this is a pretty nice looking final:

DiJ_m_GWAAEX27J?format=jpgDiKFLDoX0AAAOA6?format=jpg

Not perfect by any means, and both teams have looked better, but it’s nice to at least see the red and white checkerboard against France’s blue tops. That said, France should absolutely be in red socks. The navy shorts are understandable given Croatia’s white shorts, but the navy socks are pretty pointless. Sure there’s a red stripe on Croatia’s socks, but that shouldn’t be enough to warrant the navy socks for France.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Have to say I much prefer a Final ball than a knockout stage ball. A gold version of the Telstar would have looked pretty good 

Blue with red and gold trim would work too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I loved the overall presentation of the final. The game definitely felt like a World Cup final.

lahm was there to present the trophy as expected 

my only gripe is that they should have had a gold final ball.

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Hoping some of the Croatia stuff still gets re-stocked.

Worldsoccershop.com and prodirectsoccer.com (UK site) may be your best bets.

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

I loved the overall presentation of the final. The game definitely felt like a World Cup final.

lahm was there to present the trophy as expected 

my only gripe is that they should have had a gold final ball.

Agree on the ball. The final should always have its own ball. I like the old MLS idea. A gold ball for the final. You win it, that's your ball the next year. Maybe Nike can whip up something for France friendlies.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm liking this tradition of teams donning a jersey with a new star during the trophy presentation. Calls attention to the addition of the new star, and sets it apart from any other trophy presentations.

I hate those badges. Just like I hate when teams decide its appropriate to slap two flags on their shirts as well, like Croatia did. Why? It just clutters everything up. Croatia already look cluttered. We know who is playing who. If nothing else just make it look a little bit more inconspicuous. Not hard. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Two star France:

nike-france-2-star-2018-home-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

It is interestingly, they don't have World Cup Winners patch on it, Germany received it immediately after final. Redesign? Or maybe something else?

It's probably a quick Photoshop they had set up beforehand. FIFA will probably keep those badges. They might have to move the numbers to the middle or put it above the swoosh.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

I hate those badges. Just like I hate when teams decide its appropriate to slap two flags on their shirts as well, like Croatia did. Why? It just clutters everything up. Croatia already look cluttered. We know who is playing who. If nothing else just make it look a little bit more inconspicuous. Not hard. 

I actually like the flag idea. When that shirt is hanging on a wall 20 years from now someone who wasn't around now will turn on YouTube and see a game they may never have seen. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, kroywen said:

I'm liking this tradition of teams donning a jersey with a new star during the trophy presentation. Calls attention to the addition of the new star, and sets it apart from any other trophy presentations.

It's nice if it looks like the previous jersey with the exception of the addtional star. By contrast, I hate the trend in the Majors for celebrating players to put on a goofy "championship" cap that looks nothing like the team's normal cap.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

22 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Makes sense with the collar, but that one side will be a bit cluttered with the number tacked on. Would prefer if they moved the patch to the sleeve.

xScbgJa.jpg

Hopefully the number slides to the middle. Probably won't happen but Brazil proved there's no issues placing them in the center.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived