2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, hendocfc said:

It's indeed orange. Or,well,as adidas would want to tell you,"solar red". 

What do you call solar orange, then? Yellow? :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Jaffa said:

When Adidas had to produce amber clobber for Hull City a few years back, they christened the bespoke hue 'sonic gold'.

Quite what makes a colour sonic is beyond me.

I would never think of Hull City's primary color as gold of any kind. Adding 'sonic' in front of it makes it much worse.

Is it just me or are a lot of the jerseys I'm seeing for the WC just basic templated soccer strips with a faux retro pattern inserted to make it look interesting from close up?

I think when you see these on TV, they're going to look fairly basic.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:12 AM, Jaffa said:

When Adidas had to produce amber clobber for Hull City a few years back, they christened the bespoke hue 'sonic gold'.

Quite what makes a colour sonic is beyond me.

23 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I would never think of Hull City's primary color as gold of any kind. Adding 'sonic' in front of it makes it much worse.

You guys are overthinking that one. It’s just the darker gold the SuperSonics added to their palette in the late 1990s. ^_^

15 hours ago, Bayne said:

Is it just me or are a lot of the jerseys I'm seeing for the WC just basic templated soccer strips with a faux retro pattern inserted to make it look interesting from close up?

I think when you see these on TV, they're going to look fairly basic.

I like that approach. I think design is at its best when it gives you recognizability at a distance, then engages you with something more subtle as you get closer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I like that approach. I think design is at its best when it gives you recognizability at a distance, then engages you with something more subtle as you get closer.

...and this is exactly what a national team's kit should do every time.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I like something that makes a bit more of a statement that reflects the era, rather than a hum-drum, generic, nod-to-the-past, boilerplate template with an interesting yet inconspicuous pattern that will be very forgettable in time.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 26/02/2018 at 10:47 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Not World Cup related but any news on USA uniform release? I was hoping it would be before the She Believes Cup but I guess US Soccer just said screw it, which is par for the course since getting knocked out. 

From what I remember, the shebelieves cup uses the old designs

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 hours ago, Scratcher said:

puma-2018-international-away-kits.jpg
Many of those won't be in the World Cup anyway, but that's just incredibly poor/lazy work

I think what makes this really upsetting is that Puma put effort into the home uniforms for both WC/non-WC teams, but put ZERO effort into the away kits ?

Archived