2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

The rest of the kit is very nice, but holy moly is this number placement hideous. I was afraid something like this would be the case. The stripes are stitched on so they couldn’t do a break in the stripes. I guess it was either mid upper chest or down by the belly button. I’m not sure that either is the right answer. Should have just gone with sublimated stripes and used a break in the middle.

Edited- accidentally said “screened stripes” where I meant to say “sublimated stripes.”

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

Will the 80s/90s patterns on the shirts end this year? I know that they have only been around for a year or so but I sure hope they die quickly.

adidas is doing this in conjunction with the World Cup so it will probably be back to more standardized uniforms the next two years except for those teams in Euro 2020.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The rest of the kit is very nice, but holy moly is this number placement hideous. I was afraid something like this would be the case. The stripes are stitched on so they couldn’t do a break in the stripes. I guess it was either mid upper chest or down by the belly button. I’m not sure that either is the right answer. Should have just gone with screened stripes and used a break in the middle.

Honestly it would look better if they just went with back numbers. Placing the numbers right up by the neck & badge just looks busy

13 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Honestly it would look better if they just went with back numbers. Placing the numbers right up by the neck & badge just looks busy

FIFA mandates the use of front numbers on international kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Will the 80s/90s patterns on the shirts end this year? I know that they have only been around for a year or so but I sure hope they die quickly.

I actually really love it on Spain and Germany. I’d be happy with them keeping it for a while.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Weird that South Korea home kit has no blue at all.

apparently our shorts are blue, but yeah it's a little bland and weird with no blue on the shirt since the crest usually was blue for us

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The rest of the kit is very nice, but holy moly is this number placement hideous. I was afraid something like this would be the case. The stripes are stitched on so they couldn’t do a break in the stripes. I guess it was either mid upper chest or down by the belly button. I’m not sure that either is the right answer. Should have just gone with sublimated stripes and used a break in the middle.

Edited- accidentally said “screened stripes” where I meant to say “sublimated stripes.”

They should have put the number on the right breast and the Adidas logo in the middle. That would've looked fine.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

They should have put the number on the right breast and the Adidas logo in the middle. That would've looked fine.

2006 World Cup style would have looked better, I agree. Raise the adidas logo just a few inches below the collar and it’s much more open. I don’t mind this too much though

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Brazil kits officially revealed:

brasil-2018-collection-01_native_1600.jpbrasil-rusia-2018-nike-9.jpg

Is there any reason in particular why Brazil is the only Nike team to have their number centered? Is it because most of the other teams have a design that would require an off-center number or just for traditions sake?

I agree Brazil is very good, but for me, this is the kit of the tournament in a landslide.

br3143_adidas_germany_authentic_away_jsy

I also really like this one. Beautiful and subtle design. I wish Nike went more of this route for other teams (not necessarily this exact style but similar thinking outside the box). The woven dashes of color are great.

FFF_UMTITI_2_native_1600.jpg?1520618310

28 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree Brazil is very good, but for me, this is the kit of the tournament in a landslide.

br3143_adidas_germany_authentic_away_jsy

I also really like this one. Beautiful and subtle design. I wish Nike went more of this route for other teams (not necessarily this exact style but similar thinking outside the box). The woven dashes of color are great.

FFF_UMTITI_2_native_1600.jpg?1520618310

I agree, although I’d probably put the Brazil away just ahead of the France away. But yeah, Germany’s secondary is a thing of beauty, and definitely gets my vote for kit of the tournament. Overall I feel like Nike and Adidas have come up with pretty solid collections for this summer’s WC. Certainly some flaws here and there for both brands, but that’s to be expected. It’s a shame that Nike ended up relegating some unique designs to the prematch shirts, but what they ended up with for the match kits isn’t bad at all. For England, Portugal, and France, the designs on their prematch shirts would’ve worked well on the match kits, but I don’t mind what they ended up. In fact I really love England’s kits the way they are, I’m mostly a fan of France’s (just wish the knit pattern on the sleeves of the home was a bit more subdued), and Portugal’s is pretty classy, especially with the return of green and gold accents on the home. And I really have no complaints with Brazil’s set. The home is exactly what it should be, and the away stands out with the star pattern. For Adidas, the retro-inspired designs work well for the most part, though some of them could’ve been improved upon. I also feel like some of the color schemes of the secondaries could use some adjustments as well (Colombia, Spain, Japan, and Argentina come to mind). Really the most glaring error for Adidas is the typeface. And speaking of typefaces, I love that Nike once again commissioned designers to come up with original typefaces for countries like England, Brazil, and France.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived