2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty cool:

This was mentioned in the Nike press release for the unveiling of the new kits, but it’s nice to see them actually do it. And since 11 obviously doesn’t divide into three equal groups, having 4 blue, 3 white, and 4 red was definitely the best way to divide up the colors and make it balanced.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

This is pretty cool:

This was mentioned in the Nike press release for the unveiling of the new kits, but it’s nice to see them actually do it. And since 11 obviously doesn’t divide into three equal groups, having 4 blue, 3 white, and 4 red was definitely the best way to divide up the colors and make it balanced.

Prefer 3 blue, 4 white/red. Make it look like the french naval flag. 

1280px-Civil_and_Naval_Ensign_of_France.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think I’d like Australia’s away if it had gold accents instead of fluorescent yellow, but I do like the idea. And the home is very nice, it looks very Australian.

The away gives off a sort of astronomy vibe to me, in which case the fluorescent accents seem appropriate. I could be way off base with the inspiration there, but that’s what it made me think of.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, Digby said:

Random thought: does anyone know what caused Germany to switch from the green away kits to this more teal/turquoise color that's in use for this new set?

I think it's inspired by the other kit Germany wore in the 1990 World Cup"

Germany+Home+and+Away+Kits+World+Cup+Ita

I get that particular throwback, I’m just curious as to why it’s teal now instead of green. By my research they wore green pretty much up until 96, then had a couple teal kits before the all-over-the-place mid-00s came along.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, Digby said:

I get that particular throwback, I’m just curious as to why it’s teal now instead of green. By my research they wore green pretty much up until 96, then had a couple teal kits before the all-over-the-place mid-00s came along.

It wasn't intended to be a true 100% throwback which is why the colors don't match. I think that's what you're asking? I still think the home kit would have been so much better with the original colors used, regardless of the BS "only 4 colors allowed" crap that FIFA came up with because apparently the gold in the Champions badge makes it 5 colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I get all the love for the Germany clash kit from the photos posted, but from one particular angle I think it really fails:

Image result for germany away jersey back

It really bugs me that adidas constantly leaves designs off the back of their shirts. In an instance like this it is so unnecessary and makes the shirt look so odd from the back. Compare that with the Brazil blue shirt or France white shirt, which both look just as spectacular from the back as from the front.

Image result for brazil away jersey backImage result for france away jersey back

I tend to agree. Not sure why the design/pattern needs to be dropped on the back. Unless it's particularly obtrusive to the legibility of the numbers and name, I don't see why they favour leaving it plain. I mean, I sort of see why they do it, but I don't think it adds to anything.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Also, I'm continuously turned off by the cut of a lot of adidas shirts. The German away looks nice and all, but the sleeves look short and the collar is weird. It just looks a bit dorky to me. I love the German home, that looks class. But usually I just don't like the look of what they do. 

Australia home is quite nice. Look forward to seeing the entire kit. The away shirt looks soooooooo canon-fodder nation to me. Not terrible though. Its fine.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived