2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as with Germany/Mexico, Brazil/Switzerland features both teams in their traditional home kit combinations. Nice to see a couple of matchups without any needless changes. Also, and I know I’ve said this before, but this iteration of Brazil’s classic home kit is just beautiful. Surely one of their best home kits in recent memory.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Might just be me but from a distance the Mexico jerseys look blue instead of green - the actual colour is seen in closer shots.

It is darker but hasn't looked blue to me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For anyone who’s interested, the @HistoricalKits twitter account has been tweeting out each days kit matchups prior to the start of the day’s first game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HistoricalKits

Today’s matchups were/are:

Sweden (yellow/blue/yellow) vs. South Korea (all-white)

Belgium (all-red) vs. Panama (all-white)

Tunisia (all-white) vs. England (all-red)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Intresting shirt was wearing by one of Morocco fan. It's based on red Regista 18 jersey, but with green instead of white like in teamwear (white-red version of it is a Morocco away). Sample jersey or custom made?

fans-of-morocco-during-the-2018-fifa-world-cup-russia-group-b-match-picture-id976061908

Other thing from the same match, Masoud Shojaei was wearing standard adidas captain armband instead of FIFA one. Why? I have no idea.

masoud-shojaei-of-iran-is-seen-during-the-2018-fifa-world-cup-russia-picture-id975937332

4r2eer.png

2 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Intresting shirt was wearing by one of Morocco fan. It's based on red Regista 18 jersey, but with green instead of white like in teamwear (white-red version of it is a Morocco away). Sample jersey or custom made?

fans-of-morocco-during-the-2018-fifa-world-cup-russia-group-b-match-picture-id976061908

Other thing from the same match, Masoud Shojaei was wearing standard adidas captain armband instead of FIFA one. Why? I have no idea.

masoud-shojaei-of-iran-is-seen-during-the-2018-fifa-world-cup-russia-picture-id975937332

I want to say another captain did not wear the standard FIFA armband as well. I think that Morocco jersey is probably a fake based on another design they were expected to wear. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, ujju2 said:

Might just be me but from a distance the Mexico jerseys look blue instead of green - the actual colour is seen in closer shots.

Watching England yesterday, from a distance their jerseys looked orange. 

1 hour ago, adobo said:

Have to say I'm growing less fond of this Senegal kit the more I see it. 

If they were wearing yellow shorts it would look better, but those sleeve inserts are just the worst. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Watching England yesterday, from a distance their jerseys looked orange. 

Same with these Russia kits today. I would swear to you that they're orange.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Speaking of the Russia kit, what's happened to socks from the first game? Does FIFA think the little bit of white at the top causes a clash with egypt's white socks? These away kit socks aren't even the same shade of red as the home shirt.

Portugal's the dedicated home team this morning, but Morocco is in their home kits forcing Portugal to change? Wonder if that red yoke is just too much for FIFA to handle vs. Portugal's reds. I know it doesn't really matter but what else is this board for (plus it's really confusing to me for Portugal to NOT be the team in red and green).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Portugal's the dedicated home team this morning, but Morocco is in their home kits forcing Portugal to change? Wonder if that red yoke is just too much for FIFA to handle vs. Portugal's reds. I know it doesn't really matter but what else is this board for (plus it's really confusing to me for Portugal to NOT be the team in red and green).

Just wait until Iran/Spain later when BOTH teams will be in their away kits for seemingly no reason at all. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Jack Holmes said:

I assumed Portugal are in white because they want to sell those shirts.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

FIFA requires each team wear both uniforms at least once which is why Portugal is in white. That's why Korea wore white when their red uniform provided a better clash vs Sweden. It's based on getting each kit exposure for sales though. 

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Just wait until Iran/Spain later when BOTH teams will be in their away kits for seemingly no reason at all. 

Is Iran's away kit green or red? I was actually going over that in my head this morning. FIFA doesn't seem bothered with red vs green matchups like the NFL is. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

FIFA requires each team wear both uniforms at least once which is why Portugal is in white. That's why Korea wore white when their red uniform provided a better clash vs Sweden.

Is Iran's away kit green or red? I was actually going over that in my head this morning. FIFA doesn't seem bothered with red vs green matchups like the NFL is. 

Iran’s away kit is red, which is why Spain will be forced to wear their light grayish blue/white away kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

How many times do we have to watch red vs white? come on teams get a bit more creative at least have like a color on socks or something

This was literally dumb luck of the draw. If Portugal and Sweden switched groups it would have been yellow or blue vs red. I'm just disappointed England played in all red instead of RWR. Shorts are the one thing that shouldn't be forced to change.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived