Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

23 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Ha, that is not at all where my interpretation comes from. It is not an educated connection. It's looking at the phrase "return to tradition" in and of itself. The supposed leak, if it is indeed close to the new design, does not fit under that definition in my book because 1) it isn't a traditional NFL uniform look (simple/plain does not equal traditional) and 2) it isn't a traditional look for the Jaguars. Keeping a black jersey isn't a "return to tradition", it's "keeping the look we currently have". As is black numbers on a teal jersey. 

I'm not driving him away. If someone is going to make claims, I'm going to ask about those claims and express doubts if I don't find them believable. I haven't made a single personal attack or anything. I've been pretty civil and kept it related purely to the Jaguars new uniforms. I understand this take may not have been directed at me, but please don't quote me when providing a lecture for the whole forum. But all in all, aside from 1 DanParker comment, things have been pretty civil. It's not like we've been arguing over the shape of a number and where it is used in a uniform. So we have that going for us here.

The point still stands; the phrase “Return to Tradition” is vague and open to multiple interpretations, and your specific interpretation (which is a perfectly valid one, by the way, just not the *only* valid one) of what it means is going back to something like what they used to wear (the Jaguars’ tradition, in other words).

To me, removing the wild yoke/collar/sleeve design in favor of a stripe (depending on where you draw like line on what’s a stripe or not), following suit on the pant, and paring the typography down from double outlines to none is also a way to “return to tradition.”

I didn’t mean to single you out about ColJag. You’re right there’s only been one questionable comment. It’s more a general attitude and tone toward anyone who supplies information. Like, everything at this point is going to be somewhat speculative and unsubstantiated “game of telephone” type of info, to the point where even trustworthy posters have put forth info and leaks that have proven to be outdated and we still treat them with respect.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to poo on Col Jag, btw, just rereading the report from the Owners' Meetings:

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/25228/jaguars-new-uniforms-likely-to-include-more-teal

"Teal obviously resonates with people because of the success we had historically [and those uniforms] had teal," Khan said Tuesday at the NFL’s annual meeting. "Last year we were allowed a couple [alternate uniforms], I think two or three games we could have teal, and [Coughlin] chose for the big games.

"And it worked."

"It was just a feeling of who we are, what we represent," Coughlin said. "That's a very good look. It's a solid look. As I said at one point in time, we have some guys that will be in the Hall of Fame and the connection will be very similar as we go forward. We just wanted a little bolder statement and I think we got it."

So... yeah.  It doesn't say "teal background," it doesn't say "limited teal," it says "more teal" than we had in the current set, which was bascially the sleeve caps.  It says "the connection is similar," not "it's the same thing we used to have."  We may all be wrong!  We'll have to see what happens. :) 

2 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

I'm not trying to poo on Col Jag, btw, just rereading the report from the Owners' Meetings:

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/25228/jaguars-new-uniforms-likely-to-include-more-teal

"Teal obviously resonates with people because of the success we had historically [and those uniforms] had teal," Khan said Tuesday at the NFL’s annual meeting. "Last year we were allowed a couple [alternate uniforms], I think two or three games we could have teal, and [Coughlin] chose for the big games.

"And it worked."

"It was just a feeling of who we are, what we represent," Coughlin said. "That's a very good look. It's a solid look. As I said at one point in time, we have some guys that will be in the Hall of Fame and the connection will be very similar as we go forward. We just wanted a little bolder statement and I think we got it."

So... yeah.  It doesn't say "teal background," it doesn't say "limited teal," it says "more teal" than we had in the current set, which was bascially the sleeve caps.  It says "the connection is similar," not "it's the same thing we used to have."  We may all be wrong!  We'll have to see what happens. :) 

Except it is the headline that says more teal, not anything that either Coughlin or Khan said (just picking nits and biding my time).

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Except it is the headline that says more teal, not anything that either Coughlin or Khan said (just picking nits and biding my time).

Ahhhh you are perceptive sir!

One might even say... you're pretty... tealanted.

I'll see myself out

22 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

"And it worked."

The current iterations had a very prevalent gold and black tone, as we are all aware.

As one of my sources put it, the "return to more teal" is basically the spin for, "We have done away with gold, and realize black & teal are what our fans identify the Jags with.".

They also only used the teal alternate once in '13, before last season using it vs. Los Angeles and Seattle. So a, "return to tradition/teal", is also implying they intend to use the teal alt more than 3 times in a 5 season period.

I’m just saying that between:

• Khan saying that teal “resonates,”

• Coughlin’s comments on Hall of Fame continuity,

• All of this talk of “returning to tradition,”

• And even their April Fools pro bowl leak using a teal jersey,

They have been doing some mighty teal-baiting and basically have everyone set up to be majorly teal-balled in the event that the teal jersey is anything but the primary home look.

7 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I’m just saying that between:

• Khan saying that teal “resonates,”

• Coughlin’s comments on Hall of Fame continuity,

• All of this talk of “returning to tradition,”

• And even their April Fools pro bowl leak using a teal jersey,

They have been doing some mighty teal-baiting and basically have everyone set up to be majorly teal-balled in the event that the teal jersey is anything but the primary home look.

Yeah, it honestly makes ZERO sense to run this type of marketing just to end up with a black primary uniform. Really strange. But then again this is the team that wore a half matte black, half gloss gold helmet for the last 5 years.

12 minutes ago, ColJag said:

Keep in mind, a lot of the team's bannering in recent weeks, including during the free agent signings on the team site, have been predominantly black and white with some teal shadowing.

Take a look at their IG feed. Everything is draped in teal. Preseason schedule, Poz retirement board, even the FA signing you mention had the board 80% teal.

https://www.instagram.com/jaguars/?hl=en

The leaks and deceptions are neither traditional for the Jaguars nor any football team in general.. The phrase "return to tradition" HAS GOT to actually mean something.. If they come out with practice jerseys featuring only black and teal, I'll lead a one-man revolt

8 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I think they can solve a lot of the lack of teal problems by wearing teal pants. 

Black jersey/teal pants

white jersey/teal pants

Coughlin said the uniform was "classic, traditional, and distinctive". From what we have heard I don't know how they would be distinctive without teal pants.

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The leaks and deceptions are neither traditional for the Jaguars nor any football team in general.. The phrase "return to tradition" HAS GOT to actually mean something.. If they come out with practice jerseys featuring only black and teal, I'll lead a one-man revolt

If that happens:

tumblr_inline_ohlh3w8Xna1rbgili_500.gif

11 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Take a look at their IG feed. Everything is draped in teal. Preseason schedule, Poz retirement board, even the FA signing you mention had the board 80% teal.

https://www.instagram.com/jaguars/?hl=en

They've used teal as an accenting color on a majority of their announcements with predominant black & white usage.

That same IG feed has several examples.

I understand that folks may read into what the team has put out as a return to teal all over, but that's not what the primary uniforms will represent.

It's been quite clear for sometime what the predominant colors are gonna be going forward from Shad's own words, social media, and just all the teams marketing in general has had a heavy emphasis on the Black, White and Teal. 

I was told during the season primaries were gonna be black. I was told 3/4 weeks or so ago that's it's teal, I understand things change. So honestly Thursday can't come fast enough because it's getting convoluted and I wanna see what we're getting, my heart and thoughts say teal but i'd got a fear it's gonna be black just because Shad's wife still doesn't like teal. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived