Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

No it's not, I screwed up. I meant to say all teal which of course would be a first but I still wouldn't 100% rule out a flux-back of sorts for the color rush but if that's the case id imagine there would be no throwback in that case.

Dude, you seem to be in the know. Please post any info you hear. Greatly appreciated.

Jaguars

6 hours ago, Gupti said:

What, then, makes you believe that the old one isn't that same generic way but for a bygone era? It seems like an odd comparison to say that one feels "stock" when we're dealing to two simple cat heads here. I'm not sure what you're looking for here that could make the new one less generic. Arrange the spots into the shape of the city's skyline? My point is that generic-feeling doesn't necessarily make a lame logo; many logos that could be spun as generic (the Colts' horseshoe, the Viking head, the Cardinal head, the Cowboys' star, etc.) get the job done regardless.

Because the old is not generic looking but at least had some character...  The new one does not even look like a jaguar that much especially with the stretched face an update could have worked but this misses the mark greatly. 

large.pngjg4k92D.gifJaguar_head_shot-edit2.jpg

Have they worn the black jersey more than twice this year?  Could they pull what they did in '12 getting everyone ready for the majority-black jerseys (phasing out the teal of the horrible accent-stripe uniforms) by wearing the teal ones for the remainder of the season?  If they get a win at home in the teal, it's likely they could stick with it.  

29 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Have they worn the black jersey more than twice this year?  Could they pull what they did in '12 getting everyone ready for the majority-black jerseys (phasing out the teal of the horrible accent-stripe uniforms) by wearing the teal ones for the remainder of the season?  If they get a win at home in the teal, it's likely they could stick with it.  

Highly doubtful. NFL teams have to submit uniform schedules and have them approved and such.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 10/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, Arby's. said:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

The dolphins are a prime example of this. They had a top 5 uniform and identity and they ruined it for a logo that looks like it’s better suited for a spa than an nfl team. 

How many times do we have to hear this before it gets beaten even more to death. 

I'll give you points for saying spa and not cruise line though.

2 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Jags only wearing teal one game this year. Everything else is black.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

How many times do we have to hear this before it gets beaten even more to death. 

I'll give you points for saying spa and not cruise line though.

Sometimes the obvious takedowns are obvious for a reason.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, Teal said:

They look great. I wonder if Nike will change the tone of the teal? Maybe go darker or more green?

Thoughts?

Hopefully a brighter teal, but a bit more green as well. That'd offset the helmets a bit and stand out against teams with darker palettes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

The teal pants would be interesting, to say the least - the team has never (to my knowledge) had or worn teal pants.  The only non-black or -white pants the team has ever worn is the awful dijon mustard gold Color Rash ones.

I believe the original set would have had teal pants if Jaguar hadn't sued. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, Gupti said:

What, then, makes you believe that the old one isn't that same generic way but for a bygone era? It seems like an odd comparison to say that one feels "stock" when we're dealing to two simple cat heads here. I'm not sure what you're looking for here that could make the new one less generic. Arrange the spots into the shape of the city's skyline? My point is that generic-feeling doesn't necessarily make a lame logo; many logos that could be spun as generic (the Colts' horseshoe, the Viking head, the Cardinal head, the Cowboys' star, etc.) get the job done regardless.

The old one felt like an icon; it felt custom. The new one lacks that. It feels almost like a cell from an animation, not like a logo. I think a lot of it has to do with the over abundance of detail (all the hair in those spots!).

I’m not saying it’s a bad illustration by any means, only that it’s not as successful for its intended purpose.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

Because the old is not generic looking but at least had some character...  The new one does not even look like a jaguar that much especially with the stretched face an update could have worked but this misses the mark greatly. 

large.pngjg4k92D.gifJaguar_head_shot-edit2.jpg

Their logo basically went from looking like an actual jaguar to looking way more like a leopard or cheetah. 

13 hours ago, FSUViking said:

That looks like an NFL Europe uniform or a World League of American Football set. Yikes.

I've always been surprised that some people lament the fact that those jerseys never hit the field. They look completely amateurish, and the jaguar extended across the shoulders is nothing short of hideous. Also can't understand for the life of me why only one sleeve has a TV number.

Archived