Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

1 minute ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

WW300YU.png

FIXED: Shout out to  j'villejags for the heavy lifting here, but just add a thinner version of the 1998 original pant stripe, outlined numbers, and white shoes.

I'll try and put up some of the other combos up. 

Agreed.  would have easily fit the "classic" and "traditional NFL" narrative they are pushing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JagAaron33 said:

Are we really picking nits about the cleats?

Don't the players get to customize their cleats anyway?  

I really wasn't. I thought the guy who made the original mock up with said something about white cleats and changing the NFL. I was just putting a wink to him for coming up with the mock so I could put my fancy stripes on'em. 

20 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Plain pants and very little jersey striping on what amounts to be a stripped-down version of their most recent set is not trying. Or it's making it look like you tried to not try. I dunno. 

These suck. Whatever.

They tried too hard to make them traditional and came out with a bland practice jersey.

39 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

So basically, if a team modernizes their look people say they look like an arena team. If they simplify their look, they look like practice jerseys.

I think hell will freeze over the day people here actually like something new.

Have you ever heard the tale of Goldilocks?

I don't know why I like these so much more than I did the March leaks.  Maybe it's seeing them on players, maybe it's the extra striping making it less plain, I don't know.  It really is like a solid combination of the last set and the original set.  The no stripes I am not totally sold on, but there are teal pants now so I am excited about that.

13 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

They tried too hard to make them traditional and came out with a bland practice jersey.

I think it's just that not that many people understand there is a distinction between traditional and plain

53 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

So basically, if a team modernizes their look people say they look like an arena team. If they simplify their look, they look like practice jerseys.

I think hell will freeze over the day people here actually like something new.

Some unis are over-designed; others, under-designed. Tennessee probably overdid it & Jacksonville may have underdone it. Why that boils down to "nobody likes anything" is beyond me.

8 hours ago, Gupti said:

Why, oh why, oh why could they not throw just a little gold into the mix? The collar detail? The little sliver of color peaking above the cuffs? Couldn’t just one of those be gold? Maybe then I’d be more amused by this less-is-more approach.

I swear, if they made one of those things gold and did right by the combos, this’d be a near 10 in my book. Otherwise, I don’t know what to say. All things considered, it’s a very non-abrasive, easy on the eyes uniform. It’s a decent upgrade over the 2009 set, and anything beats the 2013 set. However, knowing that they sported what they did during the 90s, I just can’t help but think of what could’ve been. At least our helmet isn’t the laughing stock of the sports world any longer, I suppose.

Definitely. It's a good BASE right now, but it needs some flourishes to really make it complete. It desperately needs some gold accents. It just looks so dour and lifeless as it is right now.

In a way, its similar to the Dolphins uniforms after they dramatically reduced the use of orange in the uniform. It looks clean at first, but after awhile it just seems so drab. I'm hoping they add more orange accents in update. 

Gold is such a great accent color for teal, its a shame they wasted it.

16 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Nah but we're seeing an 80s revival, not a 60s revival. The 60s revival happened with the Jets and Giants in the late 90s early 00s.

I just hate white shoes on a football team (exempting only Miami, Dallas, and LA). 

This is football not golf. Who in their right mind works in the dirt and mud with white shoes? 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

No. The Titans at least tried.

1 hour ago, Weapon X said:

I don’t know how the jaguars didn’t? They realized what they and most people thought were the problems with the last set and tried to correct them, if anything they tried too hard to correct them.

"They didn't try" is a too-common critique of simple designs.  As though simple designs don't actually involve any time, research, experimentation, drafting, or review process.

It's ironic, because "they didn't try" is itself a very easy and lazy critique.

Considering how bad the black jersey and black monochrome looked in the previous set (not to mention the helmet), I'll happily take this new uniform set as a whole over the previous uniform set as a whole. What will be key with this new set is getting the right combinations with the jersey and pants. Teal over white or black I think would be the best home look, white over teal I think would be the best road look. Black over teal I think could also look good. I'm really looking curious to see how these look on the field against another team. That'll be the ultimate test for me. 

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

"They didn't try" is a too-common critique of simple designs.  As though simple designs don't actually involve any time, research, experimentation, drafting, or review process.

It's ironic, because "they didn't try" is itself a very easy and lazy critique.

Wait a minute... you're critiquing my critique?

I like the broad strokes.  Bold colors.  The pants desperately need a stripe, and gold number outlines would really be a huge boost, but as a rule a lack of detailing is preferable to over-detailing.

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Here are the combinations -- 

Let's rank 'em.

To start with, these are great uniforms, especially the first one:

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

NaM5gZ8.png

These are pretty good uniforms.

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.pnguUNb4xy.png

These are :censored: ing awful uniforms:

vAx21ZG.pngchhbpPk.png

These uniforms are a bad :censored: ing joke.

juEn0RL.pnggJUnHwJ.png

So a tremendous upgrade if they wear the right combinations, a decent upgrade if they don't, and they stay near the bottom of the league if they wear the combinations we all know they're going to wear.

Archived