Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I like the broad strokes.  Bold colors.  The pants desperately need a stripe, and gold number outlines would really be a huge boost, but as a rule a lack of detailing is

So a tremendous upgrade if they wear the right combinations, a decent upgrade if they don't, and they stay near the bottom of the league if they wear the combinations we all know they're going to wear.

I agree with pretty much all this, and came on to post basically the same thing.  It's all about the combos. A simple, possible single color pants stripe would be an upgrade, but overall, better than any Nike update except Minnesota and Detroit.

I would rank the combinations and pretty much the same order Goth did, with the possible exception of liking the black over teal a little better.  Also, as long as black socks are the only option, they can pretty much burn the black pants, as far as I'm concerned.

Is the Jags latest attempt considered the NFL version of playing original 6 dress up?

I don’t mind them looking like the Giants/Raiders Of The south, but I’m finding that some critique is based on the Jags being a 90s expansion team and not looking like one. Like the Tampa Bay Lightning.

13 minutes ago, hort22 said:

not a jags fan just a uniform fan like i suspect most of us on here...seen this mock on reddit...would it have killed them to just use these?

i0ltjds7yns01.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Is the Jags latest attempt considered the NFL version of playing original 6 dress up?

I don’t mind them looking like the Giants/Raiders Of The south, but I’m finding that some critique is based on the Jags being a 90s expansion team and not looking like one. Like the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Eh, different sports develop different aesthetics. Nobody minds a new baseball club adopting a traditional look because that’s the sport’s aesthetic.  Nobody minds an old soccer club unveiling a crazy, modern clash kit because that’s the sport’s aesthetic.

Expecting people to treat different sports the same way seems a fool’s errand.  

37 minutes ago, hort22 said:

not a jags fan just a uniform fan like i suspect most of us on here...seen this mock on reddit...would it have killed them to just use these?

i0ltjds7yns01.jpg

I was just about to post this. These mocks are absolutely beautiful! Had these been the actual jerseys I would have bought one of every color. Probably several. I hate how Joe Shmoe can make an absolutely perfect set but “experts” working on these things for 2 YEARS come up with black with white numbers and white with black numbers...

This repeating complaint about "too old school" and "too traditional" is pretty much nonsense.  Any team looking to replicate a Golden Age of Football aesthetic wouldn't go this plain.

If there was an NFL version of Hockey's "original 6 dress up" it would have a lot more details;

83ddd96c7ab37d66544de8145c4a7a74.jpg

In fact, a few years back I did a concept series based on just that idea... http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98696-original-six-dress-up-for-the-nfl-final-update-detroit-lions/

My "Original Six Dress-Up" version of the Jaguars looked like this;

o6-jax_zps6ccc0a43.png

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Eh, different sports develop different aesthetics. Nobody minds a new baseball club adopting a traditional look because that’s the sport’s aesthetic.  Nobody minds an old soccer club unveiling a crazy, modern clash kit because that’s the sport’s aesthetic.

Expecting people to treat different sports the same way seems a fool’s errand.  

I hear you. I wasn’t so much trying to compare, but moreso understand the thinking behind the “born in 90s-00s means traditional is off the table” argument against the Jags or a team like the Lightning.

Teal jerseys and pants, white jerseys and pants black jerseys and pants, teal jerseys and black pants, teal jerseys and white pants, white jerseys and black pants, white jerseys and teal pants, black jerseys and white pants, black jerseys and teal pants make for some interesting uniform combos.  Add a new Jaguars helmet to those uniform combos and you've got something worth seeing.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

So basically, if a team modernizes their look people say they look like an arena team. If they simplify their look, they look like practice jerseys.

I think hell will freeze over the day people here actually like something new.

That's not fair at all. If it's good, people will say so. These aren't. The last set went to the extremes with gimmicks and patches and colors. This set went to the extreme without outlines, no stripes, lack of color.

2 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

No, these look like practice jerseys:

DFH1706025614Jaguars_OTA.jpg

These practice jerseys are the same. White with black numbers, teal with white numbers. No stripes, no outlines. If anything, they have more personality with the shoulder caps than the new ones.

So here’s how it should go in terms of uni selection, NOT my fixes:

Doing it like helmet-jersey-pant

home: Black-Teal-Black 5 games (playoffs home)

away: Black-White-Black 4 games (playoffs road)

Home alt: Black-Black-Black 2 games

Home Alt/color rush : Black-Teal-Teal 1 game

away alt: Black-white-teal 3 games

away alt/color rush: black-white-white 1 game

as you can see I’m on the team teal, but I don’t think the white pants add to this look. If they want to look good, they have to use their colors. Using lot of white (WHEN IT ISNT A TEAM COLOR) makes your uniforms forgettable. I wish we could wear black or teal pants exclusively. 

But hey, the glossy helmet is gonna look AWESOME especially in sunny Florida. There’s a reason glossy has been the move for years

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived