Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

On 11/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, TJSC said:

Why don't they just remove black altogether, and make the colors teal, gold, and white. (Gold is utilized to a greater extent (helmets, etc.) compared to teal and white to differentiate themselves from the Dolphins)

IMO, teal and gold would still be too close to teal and orange, especially for two teams from the same state.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2017 at 11:39 PM, Clintau24 said:

Again, having the two different real logos on the field (not at the same time, obviously) would be a bad idea. That's such a nightmare waiting. I honestly don't know if the NFL would even approve such a thing.

I'm not totally sure if I'm interpreting this statement correctly, but I'd like to point out that several teams have used throwback helmet logos for alts and/or Color Rush games. Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Rams...

33 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

It's a good thing the dolphins wear aqua..

I'm aware, but Miami's aqua and Jacksonville's teal are not that far apart. The Jags' color is a little brighter and more saturated, and perhaps slightly greener. They still need the black to set them apart from the Dolphins.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I'm not totally sure if I'm interpreting this statement correctly, but I'd like to point out that several teams have used throwback helmet logos for alts and/or Color Rush games. Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Rams...

You did misinterpret this. I explained it fully in the previous comments. The Bills and Broncos use a completely different logo. Similar, maybe, but different. The Raiders just has minor tweaks, and I'm not sure what you mean by adding the Rams here other than their different colored logos.

All teams that have throwback gear (Patriots, Eagles, Bills, Broncos, Bucs, etc) all have completely different logos. The old and new Jaguar head logos are not different enough to warrant one being labeled current and the other labeled as a throwback.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It's a good thing the dolphins wear aqua..

Thank you for saying this because I think it every time someone says 'Dolphins' and 'teal' in the same breath.

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I just realized that the Jags might host a playoff game this year while wearing their current abomination of a uniform and I threw up in my mouth a little bit... 

As a uni fan, I hate nearly everything about what the Jaguars have chosen to be aesthetically and want to forget that these uniforms ever existed. However, as a Jags fan, if someone told me that the Jags could only be allowed to win the Super Bowl if the team showed up in full color rush, then they could catch me in February in Minnesota with my brand new mustard #5 jersey on.

9 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

All teams that have throwback gear (Patriots, Eagles, Bills, Broncos, Bucs, etc) all have completely different logos. The old and new Jaguar head logos are not different enough to warrant one being labeled current and the other labeled as a throwback.

The last time the Vikings' wore a throwback, they wore two different helmet logos that were quite a bit less different than the Jags current and previous...

20080805__BrettFavreViking.jpg?w=500PI-NFL-Brett_Favre_Vikings-122313.vresiz

As far as just the helmet logos themselves are concerned, that's much less noticeable than this;

ERaZlVW.png

43 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The last time the Vikings' wore a throwback, they wore two different helmet logos that were quite a bit less different than the Jags current and previous...

20080805__BrettFavreViking.jpg?w=500PI-NFL-Brett_Favre_Vikings-122313.vresiz

As far as just the helmet logos themselves are concerned, that's much less noticeable than this;

ERaZlVW.png

Good lord those RBK Vikings jerseys were a mess.

12 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

You did misinterpret this. I explained it fully in the previous comments. The Bills and Broncos use a completely different logo. Similar, maybe, but different. The Raiders just has minor tweaks, and I'm not sure what you mean by adding the Rams here other than their different colored logos.

Okay. I understand that and can agree with it.

11 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Wrong. The piping/paneling/whatever was still a mess.

s-l225.jpg

If anything, I thought they were better all-white

7d5977d0b8972c5353302d2497eaa796--nfl-hi

That's just a bad uniform.  Someday, you'll be able to do a google search for "quintessential early 2000's NFL uniform match-up" and this mess will instantly pop up...

fc7925-20101107-vikings5.jpg

And before anyone else says it...

Vikejack!!

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Wrong. The piping/paneling/whatever was still a mess.

s-l225.jpg

If anything, I thought they were better all-white

7d5977d0b8972c5353302d2497eaa796--nfl-hi

I disagree. The pants stripes were clearly not designed to be worn with the same color jersey. When the white pants were worn with the purple jerseys and vice versa, the side panels from the jerseys seamlessly transitioned into the pants stripes. When worn monochrome, the stripes effectively had a random cutout in the middle.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

9 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

There. Is. Still. No. Jaguars. News. 

It’s fine if we talk about other things if that’s where the conversation goes. 

I never said there was Jags news and I know there isn't and won't have any news for months.

Jaguars

Archived