Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

On 11/15/2017 at 12:35 PM, Claystation360 said:

I'm 99.9 % positive the two tune is gone and they regretted it pretty early.   

I'd love to know the full story behind it. Maybe one day we'll get an oral history the way we got one about the New Jersey Swamp Dragons. It's just so stupid looking the only way it could get past so many levels of approval would be if one loud, stubborn person hammered it through. 

I know everybody's got a weird boner for the teal flake helmet, but I recently watched the 96 playoff game against the Broncos on youtube and the super buffed and polished all black helmet with the original logo was so striking and sharp I couldn't stop staring at them. I have problems with their current logo, but all the Jags need to do is a glossy black helmet with the logo big on the side. And put a full bodied logo in those empty sleeve caps. 

edit: even with that catalog logo that looks pretty good to me

7ZrUTSy.png

Don't overthink it, Jags!

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The uniform from the neck down has grown on me.  Just make the helmet all black.  Easy.

This. 

There have been times I tried to talk myself into liking the Jags helmets but I just can’t. So glad they’ll never be worn again!

4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The uniform from the neck down has grown on me.  Just make the helmet all black.  Easy.

I feel the same, but the black jumpsuit home uni needs to stop.

We all know the helmet sucks, but i think the intention was to be more like the SDSU Aztecs blended color helmet, but the matte black coat couldn't be blended well and it was a hard stop.

72317_02_lg.jpg

Teal alternate needs to become the Home Primary, helmets just need to be completey Matte Black, and done.  Perhaps they'll add a little detail to jazz up the helmet...maybe a different finish for the facemask...but not much needs to change outside of getting rid of the horribly executed paint job.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

These are the Jags, you know that's too much to ask. They're going to f--- this up.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Their reasoning at the time was that they wanted to evoke a Jaguar coming out of the shadow. That of course made no sense with the black portion on the front. 

When they debuted their helmet, the black was not as prominent. At some point, perhaps laziness or cost-cutting, they just eventually made the helmet half and half instead of what the original debut featured of a more gold-based helmet. 

Jaguars-new-helmets.jpg

nike-jacksonville-jaguars-helmets.jpg

Go A's!

48 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I'd love to know the full story behind it. Maybe one day we'll get an oral history the way we got one about the New Jersey Swamp Dragons. It's just so stupid looking the only way it could get past so many levels of approval would be if one loud, stubborn person hammered it through. 

I know everybody's got a weird boner for the teal flake helmet, but I recently watched the 96 playoff game against the Broncos on youtube and the super buffed and polished all black helmet with the original logo was so striking and sharp I couldn't stop staring at them. I have problems with their current logo, but all the Jags need to do is a glossy black helmet with the logo big on the side. And put a full bodied logo in those empty sleeve caps. 

edit: even with that catalog logo that looks pretty good to me

7ZrUTSy.png

Don't overthink it, Jags!

I largely agree. I do like that teal (or even gold) flake helmet (yes, gold flake) and would like to see it return, if nothing other as an alternate helmet (if the NFL ever allows alternate helmets again), but the Jaguars going with a solid black helmet is a smart move as well.

As for the logo, I feel that their logo is just a little too over-designed, but I feel that their original logo is a little too under-designed. I'd love to see them give the original logo an Arizona Cardinals/Minnesota Vikings/Carolina Panthers-type treatment with some elements of the current logo. I'd also like to see them wear teal jerseys full-time again, but we'll see.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Took some overdesign out of the Jags logo, tried to get the proportions a little closer to the original, feels a little more like a Cardinals/Panthers upgrade to me now:

hEsdZmH.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Their reasoning at the time was that they wanted to evoke a Jaguar coming out of the shadow. That of course made no sense with the black portion on the front. 

When they debuted their helmet, the black was not as prominent. At some point, perhaps laziness or cost-cutting, they just eventually made the helmet half and half instead of what the original debut featured of a more gold-based helmet. 

Jaguars-new-helmets.jpg

nike-jacksonville-jaguars-helmets.jpg

Oh ... I never realized that. I still don't like the look, but it is better than what they ended up with on the field. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

27 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

So we potentially know one fact about the new design; all black helmets.

So far so good.

Part of me was hoping they'd go with teal helmets -_-

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Not sure why, but I was never a big fan of the teal flake helmets.  Nothing will beat the All black helmets and I am glad we are going back.

I agree with the PaleV....not a fan of the different color shoulders on the uniforms.  I like simple and classic.  I would take the Atlanta Falcons throwback template this year and but use the teal as accent colors and call it done.  Make one in Teal Primary, White and Black as the alternate.

Spoiler

Archived