Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Really? Wow. The light really plays with that color I guess.

Also the colors around it impact it, too. The touch of gold on the current really effects it I think. But according to colorwerx (http://www.colorwerx.net/portfolio/national-football-league-franchise-records-1922-through-present/), their current teal has been the same since 2002. At least in terms of color values. Not sure how that translates to fabric. 

I like gloss better than matte in most cases. But now that these New Jersey’s from Nike don’t have the shiny aspect anymore (outside of panthers blue). Look at the eagles especially. The green is totally different without the shine, and the matte needs to match that. The jags teal is shiny, I say teal helmets (if they choose it) should be glossy, if it’s black, they should go with matte. It shouldn’t have any gimmicks, just be a solid color. What about gold face masks, not that I absolutely support it but it could work if done correctly. No gold helmet though. And NO CHROME, I think chrome helmets is the ugliest trend in college football and Tampa Bay, it’s not a good look and for some reason so many schools love it. This rant might belong in the unpopular opinions thread but the nfl is a professional league. Keep the unis classic. no chrome, no gimmicks, just the logo, maybe a matching stripe dependent on the unis, and black or teal please, but not both

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

10 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

What made that set so much worse was that Reebok was experimenting with new fabrics that really messed up the piping and the stretch of the letters/numbers. 

I mean, look at this photo. Three different ways the stripes/piping is presented 

maurice-jonesdrew-of-the-jacksonville-ja

Reebok got really bad about that when they had the NFL deal. Key design elements would vary player to player on the same team depending on which jersey cut they were wearing. Then in the later years some players had those stretchy tshirt looking jerseys while others were wearing the old templates and there was a lot of inconsistencies. 

I'll give Nike credit for getting all of that squared away. Even if a guy has a tighter cut jersey his stripes aren't altered differently than a teammate in a looser fitting jersey. The Bengals uniforms still have problems, but Nike at least solved the issues Reebok was having with them. Example: These guys were on the same team at the same time. 

justinsmith.jpgCleveland+Browns+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+9Q

That doesn't happen with Nike anymore. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Reebok got really bad about that when they had the NFL deal. Key design elements would vary player to player on the same team depending on which jersey cut they were wearing. Then in the later years some players had those stretchy tshirt looking jerseys while others were wearing the old templates and there was a lot of inconsistencies. 

I'll give Nike credit for getting all of that squared away. Even if a guy has a tighter cut jersey his stripes aren't altered differently than a teammate in a looser fitting jersey. The Bengals uniforms still have problems, but Nike at least solved the issues Reebok was having with them. Example: These guys were on the same team at the same time. 

justinsmith.jpgCleveland+Browns+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+9Q

That doesn't happen with Nike anymore. 

Curious as to your opinion on the Bengals uniforms in general. I've got to say that I've never been a fan. I think I'd much prefer the Tiger logo on the helmet and a more traditional stripe on the pants. They're definitely unique and I'm used to them now, but would have never gone in that direction when they made the big change.

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

Curious as to your opinion on the Bengals uniforms in general. I've got to say that I've never been a fan. I think I'd much prefer the Tiger logo on the helmet and a more traditional stripe on the pants. They're definitely unique and I'm used to them now, but would have never gone in that direction when they made the big change.

My stance is the 2004 uniforms are the worst things they've ever worn, though they the Nike versions of them do look better than the Reebok versions did and some other teams have come out with far more hideous designs since which makes them more tolerable. I'm also worried what Nike would do with them using present-day design ideas. They had perfect uniforms from 1997-2003 and I'd do a lot of bad things to bring them back. Tiger logo on the helmet? No. never. They should never change the helmets. They have one of the most famous helmets in football. Players drafted by the Bengals often talk about looking forward to wearing it. If you go with a plain helmet with a logo on the side you're just like everyone else. Also there's this weird thing where the tiger head looks really off when it's flipped and facing to the right. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nike still has issues with cuts affecting the jerseys, though I guess not as egregious.

Roethlisberger is the only one with the full striping pattern. You can see with the receiver in the background that the untucked sleeves end with a white cuff. 

steelerspittsburgh_gettyimages_092417.jp

The 49ers also used to have it with their original Nike jerseys with the intended three stripes where these players have varying amounts of striping and none are close to having all three full stripes..

9742078-nfl-new-york-jets-at-san-francis

But they have since fixed it now that they switched to two thick stripes.

gettyimages-898154024.jpg?w=640&h=360&cr

IEI5Tg1.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Nike still has issues with cuts affecting the jerseys, though I guess not as egregious.

Roethlisberger is the only one with the full striping pattern.

steelerspittsburgh_gettyimages_092417.jp

The 49ers also used to have it with their original Nike jerseys with the intended three stripes

9742078-nfl-new-york-jets-at-san-francis

But they have since fixed it now that they switched to two thick stripes.

gettyimages-898154024.jpg?w=640&h=360&cr

I’d say the cut off stripes on the Steelers is just the nature of the beast of having such thick stripes and the NFL insisting on the swoosh going there. Nike doesn’t seem to have this problem with Iowa.

5838f0361f111.image.jpg?resize=1200,587

And those 49ers stripes were actually designed to be cut off like that by Reebok. They were supposed to flash all three stripes visible near the under arm but only 1 or 2 visible on the actual sleeve, if I recall.

hawaii90425028AR_b.jpg

Even the fan jerseys had angled sleeve stripes.

San-Francisco-49ers-%252399-Aldon-Smith-

You see the occasional player that had all three stripes typically when they have the full sleeves, because 99% of the players have the shorter cuffed sleeves. They were designed to accommodate today’s cuts...though the Bears have seemed to manage ok, so it seems like it was an unnecessary decision. Makes it even more odd that they didn’t just correct them back to 3 traditional stripes this season, rather than change them to 2 fatter stripes.

The disappearing 49ers' sleeve stripes might be one of the top-10 worst design features ever.

Iowa is helped by having the swoosh on the front instead of the sleeve (as mandated by the NFL).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

My stance is the 2004 uniforms are the worst things they've ever worn, though they the Nike versions of them do look better than the Reebok versions did and some other teams have come out with far more hideous designs since which makes them more tolerable. I'm also worried what Nike would do with them using present-day design ideas. They had perfect uniforms from 1997-2003 and I'd do a lot of bad things to bring them back. Tiger logo on the helmet? No. never. They should never change the helmets. They have one of the most famous helmets in football. Players drafted by the Bengals often talk about looking forward to wearing it. If you go with a plain helmet with a logo on the side you're just like everyone else. Also there's this weird thing where the tiger head looks really off when it's flipped and facing to the right. 

Here to echo that the set from 2003 and earlier was perfect and they could have ridden with that for however long the NFL remains.  I always thought they'd come to their senses and go back to it, or something very similar.  Yet here we are and the 2004 set remains.

Just to awkwardly tie this back into the Jaguars so its not a complete hijacking -- I'm a big fan of the full body cat logos on the sleeves.  The Bengals should bring these back and the Jaguars should bring back their Brunell/Taylor/McCardell set if they want to stray away from their current uniforms.

596b7a22072ea419bc17090f?ops=maxcontain(750,473),quality(80)b9h_zoom.jpg

9bb2f6ffad6a9545333a0469a31eb83e.jpg

90758391980.gif

7 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Here to echo that the set from 2003 and earlier was perfect and they could have ridden with that for however long the NFL remains.  I always thought they'd come to their senses and go back to it, or something very similar.  Yet here we are and the 2004 set remains.

Just to awkwardly tie this back into the Jaguars so its not a complete hijacking -- I'm a big fan of the full body cat logos on the sleeves.  The Bengals should bring these back and the Jaguars should bring back their Brunell/Taylor/McCardell set if they want to stray away from their current uniforms.

They were both fantastic secondary logos that neither team is using anymore. It's a shame. They fit in that sleeve space so well too. 

JagsCenterPicture.gif

cinncinati_bengals.png

I've joked since I was a kid that every year the best of the 4 cat teams should get a trophy of their own because none of them are ever winning the Super Bowl. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's something that always seemed "off" about that Bengals logo to me and it's something to do with the neck and head.

I can't really explain it, it just looks weird to me and it might be I don't think the head sits "properly" on the body/neck, like it was just plopped onto a headless tiger logo that doesn't have a neck (someone with more design knowledge than me can speak on the weighting or the lines or the keystrokes or what have you, if those are the issues I might be seeing). Either way, I just feel the head and neck have issues.

Maybe getting rid of the black outline on the head in between the first stripe on the shoulder and the shadowing on the upper chest above the arms, so it's open at the back like that Jags logo, would help it flow better into the body? Here's a quick and dirty edit to show what I mean (and to give myself a visual reference of what I was saying), but I'm not sure if it's any better or not or if it even makes much of a difference.

T0ETI9k.png

It also might just be the fact that the head of the logo is already an established logo by itself and looks weird as part of a full body, because I sort of feel the same with that Jags logo, though I don't think that one's as weird.

IEI5Tg1.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The disappearing 49ers' sleeve stripes might be one of the top-10 worst design features ever.

Iowa is helped by having the swoosh on the front instead of the sleeve (as mandated by the NFL).

Iowa is helped by asking Nike to make the stripes fit the sleeve.. The Steelers seem to be stubborn in wanting them a certain enormous size.. There's enough room on Iowa's sleeves for a swoosh above the stripes

Geese. Can't they just go with a gold helmet and a jaguar pattern on the helmet, much like the bengals and their tiger stripes? make the uniform black/gold like the old Saints unit and use teal as the third colors. Jaguars are not teal.

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

596b7a22072ea419bc17090f?ops=maxcontain(750,473),quality(80)b9h_zoom.jpg

Cincy really :censored:ed up getting rid of these uniforms. The only minor change they should have considered was replacing the full body tiger with the tiger head logo.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

They were both fantastic secondary logos that neither team is using anymore. It's a shame. They fit in that sleeve space so well too. 

JagsCenterPicture.gif

cinncinati_bengals.png

I've joked since I was a kid that every year the best of the 4 cat teams should get a trophy of their own because none of them are ever winning the Super Bowl. 

It really is too bad. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, a full bodied Jags logo would be sweet. I loved when Cincy used their cat logo at mid field. I think the Panthers maybe had one as well. The full bodied animal logos of the late 90s and early 00s were really cool. Panthers, Jags, Bengals, Seahawks. Wish they were still in use.

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

JagsCenterPicture.gif

cinncinati_bengals.png

Maybe it's just me, but I never felt those heads fit the rest of the body. Especially Cincinnati

Archived