Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Did nobody else catch that he left out gold? That would be a huge downgrade for the identity, if that is a clue.

I hope note, although if there is no gold then the logo needs to be recolored or completely revamped.

I just think that maybe he was just referring to the jersey colors the team has

Go A's!

On 1/24/2018 at 2:14 PM, monkeypower said:

There's something that always seemed "off" about that Bengals logo to me and it's something to do with the neck and head.

I can't really explain it, it just looks weird to me and it might be I don't think the head sits "properly" on the body/neck, like it was just plopped onto a headless tiger logo that doesn't have a neck (someone with more design knowledge than me can speak on the weighting or the lines or the keystrokes or what have you, if those are the issues I might be seeing). Either way, I just feel the head and neck have issues.

Maybe getting rid of the black outline on the head in between the first stripe on the shoulder and the shadowing on the upper chest above the arms, so it's open at the back like that Jags logo, would help it flow better into the body? Here's a quick and dirty edit to show what I mean (and to give myself a visual reference of what I was saying), but I'm not sure if it's any better or not or if it even makes much of a difference.

T0ETI9k.png

It also might just be the fact that the head of the logo is already an established logo by itself and looks weird as part of a full body, because I sort of feel the same with that Jags logo, though I don't think that one's as weird.

It's because, as you alluded to, it's evident the head came first and the body was tacked on later. The only full-bodied logos I like are the ones where it feels like the body was designed first, and the head came later. I've always liked how the Tiger-Cats do it:

2327.gif

2328.gif

2329.gif

It looks much more natural because it seems like the full-bodied tiger was designed first (or at least at the same time). This is actually what I wished the Bengals would have adopted, basically a redrawn full-bodied logo that actually felt like it belonged.

And the same is true with the Jaguars. While I think the old full-bodied alt logo looked a lot better than the Bengals', it still had that issue of feeling like the body was just glued to the head.

19 minutes ago, Quillz said:

It's because, as you alluded to, it's evident the head came first and the body was tacked on later. The only full-bodied logos I like are the ones where it feels like the body was designed first, and the head came later. I've always liked how the Tiger-Cats do it:

2327.gif

2328.gif

2329.gif

It looks much more natural because it seems like the full-bodied tiger was designed first (or at least at the same time). This is actually what I wished the Bengals would have adopted, basically a redrawn full-bodied logo that actually felt like it belonged.

And the same is true with the Jaguars. While I think the old full-bodied alt logo looked a lot better than the Bengals', it still had that issue of feeling like the body was just glued to the head.

The "lunging" full body logo looks exactly like what you're describing with the Bengals and Jags, except worse 

2 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

The "lunging" full body logo looks exactly like what you're describing with the Bengals and Jags, except worse 

Agreed it almost feels like you're basically saying "the head is poorly designed so the body looks good by comparison."

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 minute ago, DeFrank said:

Agreed it almost feels like you're basically saying "the head is poorly designed so the body looks good by comparison."

I actually do like the head, but in the lunging logo the tiger isn't even looking the direction he's lunging. It looks like the head logo was created, then the body around it, exactly what's being said about the Bengals and Jags, except this is the worst looking of the three

36 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I hope note, although if there is no gold then the logo needs to be recolored or completely revamped.

I just think that maybe he was just referring to the jersey colors the team has

Well, the last identity did have absolutely zero gold in it BESIDES the logo, so there’s hope there. I do think that Shad likes gold too much to set it free regardless.

38 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I actually do like the head, but in the lunging logo the tiger isn't even looking the direction he's lunging. It looks like the head logo was created, then the body around it, exactly what's being said about the Bengals and Jags, except this is the worst looking of the three

Yeah I meant the person you quoted.

potd 10/20/12

4 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/957593076263866368

From the sound of the owner looks like black will still be the primary. 

I’ve always associated the team colors as teal, black, and gold. 

I'm glad to hear that. I don't mind a teal alternate, but the Jags look better with black and gold as the dominant colors with streaks of teal.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'm glad to hear that. I don't mind a teal alternate, but the Jags look better with black and gold as the dominant colors with streaks of teal.

IMO, not when done right. I'll take this

fred-taylor_csmphoto063179-sport-nfl-foo

over this

Fred-Taylor.jpg

any day of the week

potd 10/20/12

Black has its place- on the helmet. White has its place- on the numbers and letters. Gold has its place- As the trim around the numbers and letters. And teal has its place- As the primary color on the jerseys. They had all of this right in the Brunell and Fred Taylor era. Then they had to go and screw it up. First they left the gold out of the jerseys. Then they let black take over teal. Now they have gold on the helmets and black and teal fighting each other on the jerseys. I think they could go back to the original look and it would still work today.

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

These pants are just like the perfect football pants

Fully agree. The strokes are bold and perfectly match up with the numbers. While I love the late 90s rendition of those unis with the cat font and teal road numbers, I will never understand why they changed to a thicker black stroke and skinnier gold stroke on the pants stripe. 

I’ll take those inaugural pants any day with any jersey that the Jags can come up with, period (as long as the numbers are teal and the strokes match up).

nfl_a_tbrackts_300.jpg

8 hours ago, DeFrank said:

IMO, not when done right. I'll take this

fred-taylor_csmphoto063179-sport-nfl-foo

over this

Fred-Taylor.jpg

any day of the week

Ehhh ... I still like the Jags in black. I guess it's because blue (aqua/teal) I associate more with the Dolphins. Black is their color like aqua (blue) is to the Dolphins and pewter is to the Bucs for the Florida teams. It also helps that no one else wears black in their division. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived