JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

 

Mentioned a few pages back that Nike and the team have been incredibly hush hush about this whole thing with retailers. Retailers typically have some idea at this point, but the one I spoke with said they have zero idea, just know it's happening.

Intriguing. I wonder if they have any idea about whats in store for the Titans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Teal said:

If I asked this question I would have been stoned and ridiculed.

 

If there was any news then it would have been posted.

Hey now, at least give me a moment to get my stones polished and ready. 😏

 

Remember, everyone, that if there is anyone here who knows something and hasn’t spoken up yet, it’s probably because their job security is on the line and they should be left be. I’m sure some good news will come soon on its own; the Lions new logo was unveiled at the very beginning of February last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its nearly Feb and I expect to see the new uni's early to mid April. 

 

Not long to go now peeps....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I know it’s aqua, but the colors are very similar and from the same base color. I see your point, but I guess I’m more of a college football fan where team colors matter. Florida for instance has great contrasting colors among the Power 5 teams. I love that. I don’t see why pro football should be different in that regard?

Florida, Miami and FAMU all wear orange with the last two both wearing orange in green. 

FSU, UCF, USF all have some shade of gold. 

There are only so many colors and it's all about pairing and seeing what fits, Because you're not gonna mistake any of the above schools for one another even if they share colors. 

and you definitely won't confuse JAX and Miami with one having black & gold and the other having orange & white.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Florida, Miami and FAMU all wear orange with the last two both wearing orange in green. 

FSU, UCF, USF all have some shade of gold. 

There are only so many colors and it's all about pairing and seeing what fits, Because you're not gonna mistake any of the above schools for one another even if they share colors. 

and you definitely won't confuse JAX and Miami with one having black & gold and the other having orange & white.  

Very true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bowld said:

Have none of our industry insiders seen the unis yet? Usually we have a few sources dropping hints for us

More than one industry insider has risked losing their job (at the very least) for sharing too much here. 

We love what our members “on the inside” contribute. We don’t want them risking their livelihoods by talking about anything they shouldn’t be talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jags logo is good. I really hope they keep it. The font is great with the current unis keeping that slanted line feel. So either they keep that theme or switch entirely and go back toward the original numbers that weren’t standard block. I’m a jaguars fan because of those unis. But I think the black-teal-black look will forever be my favorite. And the black white black roads are great too, but the teal numbers they have right now are fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyersfan said:

May I ask- what is with the obsession over standard block numbers? This is almost the freshest identity in the league, a new team with no huge tradition just yet. I think the font they have now is actually pretty good, as long as the uniform matches it. Do we really want to premier league this and make everyone wear the same font? I’ll pass there, let the one team that very well could keep it difffent and not wear the standard do that

It’s because they just look good, in my opinion. And apparently that goes for more than a few other posters. 

 

I know this board can foster the attitude of “I can’t believe people have different opinions” but come on. 

I didn’t claim the Jags’ uniforms reached their apex when they were wearing block numbers because I have an “obsession” with block numbers. I said because...shock of shocks...I legitimately prefer this look over any other Jags identity that utilized a custom font.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Jags have never looked as good as they did the one time they had standard block numbers...

 

7VW4xgE.jpg

 

 

I just watched this game on youtube and the Jaguars looked so damn good. The proportions on the pants are way better than what they switched to the next season and although I liked the font they went with I think the block numbers were stronger and also had a better gold-to-teal ratio. The Broncos on the other side of the field looked really stodgy and dated by comparison. 

 

It really is remarkable they hit such a homerun with their inaugural look after the Jaguar Car debacle because the first draft uniforms with the cat leaping across the shoulders with silver included as well would've been among the worst in NFL history. They went back to the drawing board and gave us some of the best instead. Great save by them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

 

I just watched this game on youtube and the Jaguars looked so damn good. The proportions on the pants are way better than what they switched to the next season and although I liked the font they went with I think the block numbers were stronger and also had a better gold-to-teal ratio. The Broncos on the other side of the field looked really stodgy and dated by comparison. 

 

It really is remarkable they hit such a homerun with their inaugural look after the Jaguar Car debacle because the first draft uniforms with the cat leaping across the shoulders with silver included as well would've been among the worst in NFL history. They went back to the drawing board and gave us some of the best instead. Great save by them.  

It’s truly amazing. Both the Jags and Panthers got it right the first time. 

The Panthers have kept things more or less the same, save for a relatively minor logo tweak. 

The Jags have chipped away at a once great identity to the point where they are where they are now; with a two-toned helmet, a US Army-esque badge, and stupid half-completed pants stripes. 

 

How the hell did both teams get it so right at first but go in two completely different directions afterwards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

It’s truly amazing. Both the Jags and Panthers got it right the first time

The Panthers have kept things more or less the same, save for a relatively minor logo tweak. 

The Jags have chipped away at a once great identity to the point where they are where they are now; with a two-toned helmet, a US Army-raquel badge, and stupid half-completed pants stripes. 

 

How the hell did both teams get it so right at first but go in two completely different directions afterwards? 

 

I'm still waiting for the Panthers to get rid of the weird helmet stripes and figure out a way to make the shoulder loop/wedge fit (or at least look uniform) on different templates.  Otherwise, I agree completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

 

I just watched this game on youtube and the Jaguars looked so damn good. The proportions on the pants are way better than what they switched to the next season and although I liked the font they went with I think the block numbers were stronger and also had a better gold-to-teal ratio. The Broncos on the other side of the field looked really stodgy and dated by comparison. 

 

I'd take that classic Broncos look over the 90's Nike look. Looking at Tory James in that picture, I don't see anything stodgy or dated about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I'd take that classic Broncos look over the 90's Nike look. Looking at Tory James in that picture, I don't see anything stodgy or dated about it.  

 

compared to the Jaguars in that game, I think they do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teal said:

Intriguing. I wonder if they have any idea about whats in store for the Titans?

Giant jars of mayonnaise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

compared to the Jaguars in that game, I think they do. 

The Orange Crush look was starting to show its age, but I still think tweaking it would have been the better option than the redesign they went with. 

Which is really showing its age these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

 

compared to the Jaguars in that game, I think they do. 

 

Fair, but Jags just had a good modern look, even up against good looking traditional unis. The teal numbers with the black helmets is a great look. It could also be argued the Jags looked better than the red-blue-white Bills the week prior, although I think that Bills set is really good as well.

 

img25457992.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Orange Crush look was starting to show its age, but I still think tweaking it would have been the better option than the redesign they went with. 

Which is really showing its age these days. 

 

I've never been a fan of the Super-Nike Broncos look, but the Orange Crush uniforms were in need of some work by 1996. Something simple like a slightly darker blue, blue socks instead of orange striped ones (so the helmet didn't stick out so much), and a Dolphins-esque update of the logo would've done the trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Orange Crush look was starting to show its age, but I still think tweaking it would have been the better option than the redesign they went with. 

Which is really showing its age these days. 

 

I disagree with the Bronco's current look looking dated as a whole. The number font needs some work (thinning more than anything), as does the logo, but I consider their overall current look a modern classic. That said, their Color Rush uniforms (of all things, and above the waist) is a great example of tweaking of their Orange Crush look; I like the old "D-Horse" logo and helmet striping on a navy shell a lot more than I thought I would.

 

Edited by DustDevil61
-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

 

I'm still waiting for the Panthers to get rid of the weird helmet stripes and figure out a way to make the shoulder loop/wedge fit (or at least look uniform) on different templates.  Otherwise, I agree completely.

The original Panthers shoulder stripes, which were complete loops that were wider on top of the shoulders and tapered near the bottom, were perfect. They echoed the swooping lines of the helmet striping and pants striping.

panthers-kerry-collins-anthony-johnson.j

The current loops look blocky by comparison and inexplicably bend outwards at the bottom.

150106-stewart-600.jpg?itok=xG4LK0Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The current loops look blocky by comparison and inexplicably bend outwards at the bottom.

150106-stewart-600.jpg?itok=xG4LK0Mo

 

. . . except on Cam Newton's jersey since he has a QB cut (or at least has sleeves that looks line ones from 1995).

 

cam-newton-getty.jpg?quality=85&strip=alcam-newton.jpg?w=517

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now