Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Maybe this would belong in the “evolving opinions” thread but I was REALLY into the Broncos’ 1997 rebrand. I was ten, granted, but I thought it was the coolest. 

I even temporarily declared the Broncos were my new favourite team, and got my dad to buy me a navy Elway jersey. I give him props for that, because looking back? That must have been an experience for him, a lifelong Chargers fan :D 

Anyway my Broncos fandom didn’t last but I maintained they were one of the modern designs “done right” for a long time before I soured on them. 

Jersey side panels connected to pants striping, the tapered stripes on on jerseys, pants, and helmets? The overly aggressive animal head logo? And the wordmark that became the new cookie cutter template for new wordmarks in the 2000s? It all kind of gave it a very dated look to me. 

It’s not all bad. I think the current number font is a nice alternative to block, and it doesn’t seem like a “forced” design like so many custom fonts in the NFL these days. And I do think navy should be the blue the Broncos run with going forward, even if I think they ought to keep with orange as the primary. 

My ideal Broncos uniform? Colour rush jerseys (with the current number font) and helmets, maybe give the old D/horse logo a Cardinals-esque cleanup. 

White pants, with a navy blue set of pants to pair with the white jerseys on occasion. 

Wear the Super Bowl navy uniform as a throwback alternate to pay homage to the good years that followed the rebrand. 

This seems like a problem on Nike’s end and not the team’s. The design is fine. It’s up to Nike to find a way to make the design fit onto their template. 

The design doesn't work on a modern template, even then, they use an old template. I suspect they could make it look a little better on a nike template if Carolina really wanted them to. But who knows?

13 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

The design doesn't work on a modern template, even then, they use an old template. I suspect they could make it look a little better on a nike template if Carolina really wanted them to. But who knows?

The design shouldn't have to fit the template.. The template should accommodate the design.. Simply reconfiguring the sleeve shape would go a long way in helping fix the issue.. Additionally, adjusting certain curves and corners here and there, particularly where inserts are set in, would make things look infinitely better

Here's what I think the Jaguars should do:

1.  Go to back to a black helmet obviously, if not a black helmet go gold!!

2.  White jersey with teal numbers and a black or a gold trim.  Teal jersey with white numbers and black trim.  And an occasional gold alternate (to replace black) with white numerals and teal trim.  Use mono black for Color Rush games.

3.  Scrap the white pants, we have too many teams these days relying with white pants.  Replace them with gold pants (like the New Orleans Saints).  Imagine a teal jersey/gold pants look it would be awesome and unique.

4.  Use black pants for a few of the games, but not as often in the past.i

Do this and the Jaguars will swing for the fences and hit a homerun.  Sorry, that's a different sport I'm bad. :D

7 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

2.  White jersey with teal numbers and a black or a gold trim.  Teal jersey with white numbers and black trim.  And an occasional gold alternate (to replace black) with white numerals and teal trim.  Use mono black for Color Rush games.

3.  Scrap the white pants, we have too many teams these days relying with white pants.  Replace them with gold pants (like the New Orleans Saints).  Imagine a teal jersey/gold pants look it would be awesome and unique.

Do this and the Jaguars will swing for the fences and hit a homerun.  Sorry, that's a different sport I'm bad. :D

Light gold pants would work...a darker, mustard, old gold would clash pretty badly with the teal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

33 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

That would look so ugly (in my opinion and no offense intended). We already saw a similar attempt in the Ravens one off with the gold pants. The shade of gold wouldn't matter. Black helmet, teal jersey, gold pants (any shade of gold) would instantly be the ugliest uniform on the field. 

On 1/29/2018 at 7:43 AM, flyersfan said:

May I ask- what is with the obsession over standard block numbers? This is almost the freshest identity in the league, a new team with no huge tradition just yet. I think the font they have now is actually pretty good, as long as the uniform matches it. Do we really want to premier league this and make everyone wear the same font? I’ll pass there, let the one team that very well could keep it difffent and not wear the standard do that

I think there is potential in their current numbers, but they got just a bit too cute with how the cuts were executed. The 3 really stands out as odd to me. I’d probably try a flat top 3 on their set, to be honest.

5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The design shouldn't have to fit the template.. The template should accommodate the design.. Simply reconfiguring the sleeve shape would go a long way in helping fix the issue.. Additionally, adjusting certain curves and corners here and there, particularly where inserts are set in, would make things look infinitely better

I would argue that if your design doesn’t work on the current, relatively minimal NFL template, then it’s not a great design and you’re trying to do too much weird stuff with your side panels. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

To continue with the Florida team in all white narrative for home games, white pants I believe will stay. Plus, white on white is something I actually like a lot for most teams. Gold for the logo and an a trim (much like their original set) is good enough. Teal and white jersey. White and black pants. We can do away with a black alt but that probably will happen.

Basically, follow what the team first looked like and we are good 

Go A's!

17 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

Wow forgot how good those square number Jags uniforms are. When did they wear those the first year?

First two years, 95-96.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

i think thats putting form before function. i'll give to you that there is some gray area, and thats exactly what the Vapor Untouchable does for teams— there are some teams that have a unique seam/panel to display their designs appropriately. in the case of Carolina though, that was a design solution for a totally different uniform problem and it would be best for them to alter the design so every player is wearing the same design; which is what makes a uniform a uniform. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think thats putting form before function. i'll give to you that there is some gray area, and thats exactly what the Vapor Untouchable does for teams— there are some teams that have a unique seam/panel to display their designs appropriately. in the case of Carolina though, that was a design solution for a totally different uniform problem and it would be best for them to alter the design so every player is wearing the same design; which is what makes a uniform a uniform. 

That’s a better way to put it. I don’t think the ideal solution is bending and/or breaking the template to match every design (that’s inefficient and messy), nor is it making the template so rigid that it’s overly limiting to what designs can actually be applied to it. A template with some modularity that can be further customized on an as-needed basis is a good balance.

Truth be told, I see a template update as an opportunity to clean up dated details and distill teams’ looks to their essential signature elements.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think there is potential in their current numbers, but they got just a bit too cute with how the cuts were executed. The 3 really stands out as odd to me. I’d probably try a flat top 3 on their set, to be honest.

I would argue that if your design doesn’t work on the current, relatively minimal NFL template, then it’s not a great design and you’re trying to do too much weird stuff with your side panels. :P

Interestingly enough, the Panthers don't have side panels..

42 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s a better way to put it. I don’t think the ideal solution is bending and/or breaking the template to match every design (that’s inefficient and messy), nor is it making the template so rigid that it’s overly limiting to what designs can actually be applied to it. A template with some modularity that can be further customized on an as-needed basis is a good balance.

Truth be told, I see a template update as an opportunity to clean up dated details and distill teams’ looks to their essential signature elements.

Firstly, the single-manufacturer, single-template world came to existence after these designs were created.. Allow each team to find their own manufacturer, and I guarantee it'll go more my way.. Secondly, with the VU, no seams, side panels, or shoulder inserts are included whatsoever, so that's a silly comment.. Anything can be accomplished through sublimation on this template, but that's not the route anyone wants to go.. The Jaguars DON'T currently use the VU template, so there's already multiple templates in use.. And lastly, I've had an issue with the cut and shape of the sleeves since Day 1 either way.. The sleeve cap should line up with the inner-most portion of the cuff, and currently it does not, which looks bad imo

When you say "sublimation", do you really mean sublimation, or are you referring to printing?  I can't imagine sublimation looking professional at all - and can you even do it on a black jersey?  Printing the stripes, or making them some flexible / stretchy rubbery material that's heat-pressed on might work though.  Not sure if that would cause stripes to fly off when a guy is tackled tho.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

When you say "sublimation", do you really mean sublimation, or are you referring to printing?  I can't imagine sublimation looking professional at all - and can you even do it on a black jersey?  Printing the stripes, or making them some flexible / stretchy rubbery material that's heat-pressed on might work though.  Not sure if that would cause stripes to fly off when a guy is tackled tho.

When I say sublimation, I mean sublimation..

And, yes.. That's the beauty of sublimation.. You can sublimate any color

Archived