Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Gold pants only work with a gold helmet, or if the jersey and helmet are the same color.  If a football team wants all three major part of the uniform to be different, one HAS to be white (Denver, Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc...) or it would look like bad highschool garbage. 

THIS was bad...

CWsHfXOU4AAMvUm.jpg

Gold pants would work with the white jersey, but I think teal would be better if the helmet was black and they didn’t want to wear white over white. 

Black-teal-white home,

Black-white-teal road. 

Black-black-black alt home

Black-teal-Black alt home

black-white-Black alt road

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Gold pants would work with the white jersey, but I think teal would be better if the helmet was black and they didn’t want to wear white over white. 

Black-teal-white home,

Black-white-teal road. 

Black-black-black alt home

Black-teal-Black alt home

black-white-Black alt road

A lot of Nike redesigns have followed this pattern. Especially of the road look having colored pants that match the home jersey (Vikings, Lions are the 2 big ones that now wow colored away pants that match the jersey on a regular basis). I could definitely see this (and prefer it). 

1 minute ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Simple fix for Jags. Gold helmet with jaguar pattern; black jerseys with logos on sleeves, gold pants. Use teal sparingly. Jags aren't teal.

Lions are neither Honolulu blue nor silver, Bears are neither navy nor orange, etc.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 1/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, andrewharrington said:

I think there is potential in their current numbers, but they got just a bit too cute with how the cuts were executed. The 3 really stands out as odd to me. I’d probably try a flat top 3 on their set, to be honest.

I would argue that if your design doesn’t work on the current, relatively minimal NFL template, then it’s not a great design and you’re trying to do too much weird stuff with your side panels. :P

Carolina still hasn't moved over to the newest template. If they did the shoulder loops would fit the same area that they do on the Patriots uniforms. Outside of screening the stripes on after the rest of the uniform was put together, shoulder loops will not reach all the way around on any current Nike template being used. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Carolina still hasn't moved over to the newest template. If they did the shoulder loops would fit the same area that they do on the Patriots uniforms. Outside of screening the stripes on after the rest of the uniform was put together, shoulder loops will not reach all the way around on any current Nike template being used. 

But they're shaped differently than the Patriots stripe is, so they'd have to give Carolina its own unique configuration, which could sol solve all issues.. I'd actually compare them more to the Texans/Rams current stripe.. Just add thick borders on either side, and that's basically it

Just now, WavePunter said:

But they're shaped differently than the Patriots stripe is, so they'd have to give Carolina its own unique configuration, which could sol solve all issues.. I'd actually compare them more to the Texans/Rams current stripe.. Just add thick borders on either side, and that's basically it

Sometimes teams have to adapt to what is available instead of trying to carry on with what they've been using. LSU and Mississippi changed their stripes back to how they were 5 years ago upon moving to the Vapor unstoppable this year. They even went back to their previous fonts as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Simple fix for Jags. Gold helmet with jaguar pattern; black jerseys with logos on sleeves, gold pants. Use teal sparingly. Jags aren't teal.

I like the idea of that, especially in using teal sparingly. But, I'm not sure about a jaguar spot print? The first thing that comes to mind is this ...

leopard-print-bedroom-decor-ideas-with-s

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sometimes teams have to adapt to what is available instead of trying to carry on with what they've been using. LSU and Mississippi changed their stripes back to how they were 5 years ago upon moving to the Vapor unstoppable this year. They even went back to their previous fonts as well. 

The Texans template is available..

2 hours ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Rams and Grizzlies arent blue, Dolphins and Sharks arent teal.....

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Gold pants only work with a gold helmet, or if the jersey and helmet are the same color.  If a football team wants all three major part of the uniform to be different, one HAS to be white (Denver, Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc...) or it would look like bad highschool garbage. 

THIS was bad...

CWsHfXOU4AAMvUm.jpg

If gold were a bigger part of the rest of the uniform, I think that would have worked better. With the Ravens, you'd be hard-pressed to tell that they used gold standing more than ten feet away. The Jaguars will be a little different, because gold will be prominent in the helmet through the logo even if the shell is black.

26 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Rams and Grizzlies arent blue, Dolphins and Sharks arent teal.....

Ravens aren't black with a purple sheen . . . oh, wait.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived