Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Magic had Jaxson at the game tonight, and while I didn’t catch any pictures, it looked like he had the current uniforms but without the gold collar stripe and with black sleeves. Maybe I was seeing things, but that could be it.

So far, I can only find this image from Stuff's Twitter. Is it the one pictured here? That's the regular road jersey.

DVmhD7VV4AAv5iK.jpg

So Cleveland's mascot is a dog?  Is that a tie-in to the Browns dawg pound?  I guess I really didn't understand the influence the Browns have in that city.  Do the not-Wahoos have a dog for a mascot as well?

Let's talk more about Cleveland's mascots.  Go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So Cleveland's mascot is a dog?  Is that a tie-in to the Browns dawg pound?  I guess I really didn't understand the influence the Browns have in that city.  Do the not-Wahoos have a dog for a mascot as well?

Let's talk more about Cleveland's mascots.  Go.

The Indians have...uh...this...for a mascot.

Slider-mascot-e1438025958974.jpg

Emphasis is mine:

"So why is the Cavaliers mascot a dog?

I'm not just a dog, I'm a Moondog with a unique connection not just to the Cavaliers, but to Cleveland. Cleveland's known worldwide as the Rock-n-Roll city. And everyone knows that famed Cleveland radio disc-jockey, Alan Freed, coined the phrase “Rock and Roll,” breaking new ground and sparking a music explosion. Freed even called himself the “Moondog,” and his listeners were “Moondoggers”. When the Cavaliers looked to create a whole new event experience that proudly represents our city, I knew I had all the right connections. As a Moondog, I am 100% Cleveland. I have dedicated myself to follow the spirit of Alan Freed. The man was innovative, fun-loving, passionate and controversial … all things I hope to be. "

Do you think Moondog's boss knows about this?

27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

cleveland-mascots.jpg

That Cavs mascot second from the right is perfect.  He should have a curly mustache though.  Hell - all human-based mascots need mustaches.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Emphasis is mine:

"So why is the Cavaliers mascot a dog?

I'm not just a dog, I'm a Moondog with a unique connection not just to the Cavaliers, but to Cleveland. Cleveland's known worldwide as the Rock-n-Roll city. And everyone knows that famed Cleveland radio disc-jockey, Alan Freed, coined the phrase “Rock and Roll,” breaking new ground and sparking a music explosion. Freed even called himself the “Moondog,” and his listeners were “Moondoggers”. When the Cavaliers looked to create a whole new event experience that proudly represents our city, I knew I had all the right connections. As a Moondog, I am 100% Cleveland. I have dedicated myself to follow the spirit of Alan Freed. The man was innovative, fun-loving, passionate and controversial … all things I hope to be. "

Do you think Moondog's boss knows about this?

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AAAAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

So many things wrong with this.  1) Cleveland is NOT known world wide!  LeBron has obviously brought a ton of recognition, but my experience as a frequent world traveler is that people know LeBron, but not Cleveland or the Cavs.  If not for sports, it wouldn't be known outside of the US at all.   2) Everyone knows that "famed" DJ?  Who?  Seriously - who?

Whoever wrote that should get a job with Nike immediately.  That's better than 99% of the garbage they try to sell as "inspiration" for stupid jersey elements... like the Browns contrast stitching that represents something about something that's unique to Cleveland.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That Cavs mascot second from the right is perfect.  He should have a curly mustache though.  Hell - all human-based mascots need mustaches.

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AAAAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

So many things wrong with this.  1) Cleveland is NOT known world wide!  LeBron has obviously brought a ton of recognition, but my experience as a frequent world traveler is that people know LeBron, but not Cleveland or the Cavs.  If not for sports, it wouldn't be known outside of the US at all.   2) Everyone knows that "famed" DJ?  Who?  Seriously - who?

Whoever wrote that should get a job with Nike immediately.  That's better than 99% of the garbage they try to sell as "inspiration" for stupid jersey elements... like the Browns contrast stitching that represents something about something that's unique to Cleveland.

I wouldn't expect most international citizens to know much, if anything, about Cleveland, but I'd certainly say the presence of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is one of the main reasons people visit Cleveland and is probably its most well-known landmark, which is what the second part of the sentence gets to.

In the history of Rock & Roll music, Alan Freed is one of the first non-artist names in the timeline. He literally coined the term and was one of the first DJs to promote the mixing of genres on a single format, which birthed an integration of styles that became modern Rock & Roll. The Moondog Coronation Ball was probably the most famous Rock & Roll concert of all time until the Woodstock Festival.

Anyway, as long as the people from Cleveland are familiar with this, then nothing else really matters. It's an in-house mascot who only makes appearances at games and local restaurants/events. There's no need for anyone else to be familiar with it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I want to be wrong about this, but besides a much, much better just-black helmet, and wearing teal full time again, I have a feeling the Jaguars new uniforms won't be much of an upgrade.

The future set may not be the best ones they've ever worn, but if they wear a teal jersey and have a regular helmet, it will probably be good enough IMO.

I think I would be ok with a version of the original uniforms, with the updated number font.

I will miss the shield a little if it really is gone - and I'm thinking too that gold will be much, much less emphasized (maybe a sleeve stripe).

The Jags put out another tweet referring to "black, white and teal" - no gold.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/963023907551784965

The logo they use is the single color version. Their profile picture is still the gold jag though. I hope they drop gold minus a few small accents and leave the logo how it is. I prefer the current jag head to all the other logos they’ve ever come out with.

and if they drop gold completely, surely teal has to be the prominent color, right? There’s no way they keep an all black and white scheme with only teal accents, RIGHT?

edit: they are still using the current font. Is it here to stay? Or am I over analyzing a simple Twitter post

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived