JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

The logo they use is the single color version. Their profile picture is still the gold jag though. I hope they drop gold minus a few small accents and leave the logo how it is. I prefer the current jag head to all the other logos they’ve ever come out with.

 

and if they drop gold completely, surely teal has to be the prominent color, right? There’s no way they keep an all black and white scheme with only teal accents, RIGHT?

 

edit: they are still using the current font. Is it here to stay? Or am I over analyzing a simple Twitter post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyersfan said:

The logo they use is the single color version. Their profile picture is still the gold jag though. I hope they drop gold minus a few small accents and leave the logo how it is. I prefer the current jag head to all the other logos they’ve ever come out with.

 

and if they drop gold completely, surely teal has to be the prominent color, right? There’s no way they keep an all black and white scheme with only teal accents, RIGHT?

We can only hope that teal will be the prominent colour.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

The logo they use is the single color version. Their profile picture is still the gold jag though. I hope they drop gold minus a few small accents and leave the logo how it is. I prefer the current jag head to all the other logos they’ve ever come out with.

 

and if they drop gold completely, surely teal has to be the prominent color, right? There’s no way they keep an all black and white scheme with only teal accents, RIGHT?

 

edit: they are still using the current font. Is it here to stay? Or am I over analyzing a simple Twitter post

Regarding the font I am of the same mind you are.  They not only use the font on the Twitter but also throughout their website, on most all the media releases, and throughout stadium signage and it's part of the graphics package for the scoreboard and stuff.  I really, really hope it stays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

I think I would be ok with a version of the original uniforms, with the updated number font.

 

I will miss the shield a little if it really is gone - and I'm thinking too that gold will be much, much less emphasized (maybe a sleeve stripe).

 

The Jags put out another tweet referring to "black, white and teal" - no gold.

 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/963023907551784965

Is the rendering of the logo in only black and white on their Twitter page the norm? In other words, is it different from how it has been presented before? If they keep the logo as is, then gold will certainly be a part of their color scheme, even if they choose to not use it in their uniforms.  If it isn't used, then there's going to need to be some re-coloring of the logo. They couldn't just replace the gold with white - they'd have to add teal beyond the tongue, wouldn't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I have an incredibly original and creative idea for the upcoming uniforms. I spent a long time thinking about it and you guys are gonna love it. It has never been mentioned before. 

Jaguar spots.

So where do I go to receive my award?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, the heat suck said:

Guys, I have an incredibly original and creative idea for the upcoming uniforms. I spent a long time thinking about it and you guys are gonna love it. It has never been mentioned before. 

Jaguar spots.

So where do I go to receive my award?

 

Just make sure any concept you create does not have the uniforms be teal. Because we all know Jaguars aren't teal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably at the State of the Franchise in March, or pre-draft.

 

"The final design will be unveiled later this spring."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99.9999999% sure the white logo is for social media use only.

 

$45 per game is a pretty sweet deal for decent upper deck seats and a team that's turning it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the article also, club and suite season ticket renewals get a new jersey.  Must be nice lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Jags Today just had Mark Lamping ( Jags pres) He talked about ticket prices going up, the two remaining tarps coming off permanently, Also got asked about the new uniforms, gave few details just would be unveiled in April and there would be new helmet and Tom Coughlin was very involved in the redesigning of the uniforms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Well Jags Today just had Mark Lamping ( Jags pres) He talked about ticket prices going up, the two remaining tarps coming off permanently, Also got asked about the new uniforms, gave few details just would be unveiled in April and there would be new helmet and Tom Coughlin was very involved in the redesigning of the uniforms.  

 

The fact that Tom was involved actually gives me a lot of hope. I don't want crazy futuristic. I want more classic/simple looking. Tom seems more like a classic/simple looking uniform kinda guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, last time they removed gold from the uniforms it was a disaster. I expect a much more traditional look now that Coughlin is involved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

Just make sure any concept you create does not have the uniforms be teal. Because we all know Jaguars aren't teal.

Are you sure about that? /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but when the stupid stripe ones came out Weaver said that they were going to be "classic and simple" so I hope that the design is better than those.

 

Team Twitter confirmation: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coughlin being heavily involved leads me to believe that these are going to be very traditional, which I think could be a mistake. Hopefully they don't go too far in that direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the all-white panther idea at all.  Teal, gold, and black - that's what's important here.  White is a given for any NFL team, so...yeah, I hope they don't do some stupid crap here and go from absurdly overdone to absurdly simplified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to think the white/teal logo used on the Twitter release is just for special occasions like that. The logo will not be changing, in my mind.

 

I do think, however, that gold is nearly gone. Hopefully it isn't relegated to the Titan's red. The Jags sell so many gold hats and the gold is a really nice tertiary color. I hope it stays as such. 

 

I'm afraid the Color Rush uniforms might have pushed Khan and the franchise away from the gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now