Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Lamping said Jaguars Executive Vice President Tom Coughlin was involved with the uniform design.

“We did a lot of work directly with Nike and shared that work with Shad and Tom,” Lamping said. “Shad was more involved up-front and Tom was more involved once we got some things together. Tom had some really specific design principles that were important to him — very traditional.”

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180212/jaguars-announce-tarp-removal-2018-season-ticket-renewal-plan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I'd argue it for the simple point that the two jerseys don't even match. One has red stripes and numbers and completely void of blue while the other is solid blue with white numbers and completely void of red.

Put me in the camp that believes the Giants just might have the best uniform in the NFL.  And the fact that, as stated above, "one has red stripes and numbers and completely void of blue while the other is solid blue with white numbers and completely void of red" (although I imagine you meant "devoid" not "void") is one of the main reasons that uniform is so awesome.

Slavish devotion to simple minded continuity can die.

I can't stand the Giants, but these two uniform combos are fantastic:

tempAP_213451027986--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

New-York-Giants-2012-2013-Away-Road-Jers

It just screams football. I'd argue they're one of the 5 best dressed teams, especially that road look. Absolutely love it.

If the Jags can do anything that remotely resembles a traditional look like the Giants have, they'll have knocked it out of the park.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

16 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The future set may not be the best ones they've ever worn, but if they wear a teal jersey and have a regular helmet, it will probably be good enough IMO.

It will probably be an improvement if that's what they go with, that's for sure.

I'm trying to channel my inner Columbo. Jags Facebook posted some stupid rah rah post. For the second time they mention the colors black, white and teal. No mention of gold. They did this before a month ago in a separate post. That's telling to me. Look at their Facebook page. Every graphic they posted after the uniform announcement was white, black and teal. No gold was found at all. These uniforms will very much lack gold. If any at all.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Any ideas what traditional could refer to? Our past is heavily being mentioned so maybe a throwback?

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Look at the Giants unis under Coughlin. Traditional.

I think it's much more likely by "traditional" they mean the Jaguars under Coughlin circa 1995-2002.

25 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I think it's much more likely by "traditional" they mean the Jaguars under Coughlin circa 1995-2002.

Great. I’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds. Interesting times ahead....

Jaguars

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, I don't think I"ve seen stripe decals that aren't glossy, so any stripe on a satin or matte helmet would clash IMO.

Michigan State and Indiana use non-glossy decals on their satin helmets, so it can be done.

I doubt Jacksonville goes with a stripe.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A few thoughts ...

1) I doubt we'll see a return to ANY previous jersey as a full-time jersey. That rarely happens in the NFL -- outside of who? San Francisco? Do the Jets/Giants count?

2) I sure hope by traditional they mean just the helmet and maybe more a conventional number font? The Jags are a 90s team they should embrace that era. If they are going to embrace teal, embrace it like a true 90s team. That's their traditional. Plus, I think we're reading too much into it (I hope).

3) I'd be happy less hard edges, swooshes, random lines, etc. but I'd be REALLY disappointed if they tried to replicate a Giants, 49ers, Jets ... traditional look. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 minutes ago, kimball said:

A few thoughts ...

1) I doubt we'll see a return to ANY previous jersey as a full-time jersey. That rarely happens in the NFL -- outside of who? San Francisco? Do the Jets/Giants count?

2) I sure hope by traditional they mean just the helmet and maybe more a conventional number font? The Jags are a 90s team they should embrace that era. If they are going to embrace teal, embrace it like a true 90s team. That's their traditional. Plus, I think we're reading too much into it (I hope).

3) I'd be happy less hard edges, swooshes, random lines, etc. but I'd be REALLY disappointed if they tried to replicate a Giants, 49ers, Jets ... traditional look. 

I'm pretty sure the third option is what is going to happen (unfortunately).

Jaguars

Archived