Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jaguars don't have a teal home jersey then they really are a dumb organization. Why is this so difficult?

I might get some heat for this, but I was into the 2009 look. Of course they got stupid and just defaulted to wearing all black as the home uniform but still.

2009_Jacksonville.png?6181

bSLCtu2.png

3 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

It’s true. Looks really clean too. Satin finish similar to the Seahawks for the helmet. 

I'll believe it when I see it..

As for the helmets, that makes sense, but it can't be like the Seahawks AND Vikings, as they are not very similar.. I'll buy JUST the Seahawks

I’m buying an A-rob jersey when they drop after he re-signs. My current beloved school to favorite team? Count me in.

i like what I’m hearing. The Seahawks helmet finish actually sounds pretty damn good.

no gold at all?

and are they flipping the logo as the primary to join the eagles as the only 2 teams the have the animal logo facing left?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

47 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I never said Vikings. Jagsgeek should have just said Seahawks, but the rest of his post is accurate.

Not to start a witchhunt, but I think you're @jagsgeek ... 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Yikes, this info is not sitting with me well (should it prove to be true).

Sure, I’ll be happy to see the helmet and all of the other dumb elements (which there were many) of the last set gone, but it sounds like they’ve missed a lot of opportunities to get things perfect right now. Tossing gold and keeping all-black the primary just make this feel like yet another transitional uniform that’ll get trashed in another few years. It’s cleanliness may be an upgrade from the last mess, but it’s restraint just makes it feel like we’re picking up where we left off in 2012.

It’s a little sad to me that this team has so much heritage for being such a young franchise but refuses to reflect that in how they look. Ive watched this team play every Sunday for more than a decade, yet I cannot think about the team at all without that Boselli/Taylor/Thunder & Lightning teal perfection coming to mind. That is the most Jaguars thing to me. I’m glad that the franchise itself has otherwise become very stable because the unis sure as hell will never be.

(The funniest thing, actually, is that this is exactly what a much younger me envisioned and desired way back in early 2012 when it was first known that we’d be getting new unis at all. Things were much simpler then.)

41 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Yikes, this info is not sitting with me well (should it prove to be true).

Sure, I’ll be happy to see the helmet and all of the other dumb elements (which there were many) of the last set gone, but it sounds like they’ve missed a lot of opportunities to get things perfect right now. Tossing gold and keeping all-black the primary just make this feel like yet another transitional uniform that’ll get trashed in another few years. It’s cleanliness may be an upgrade from the last mess, but it’s restraint just makes it feel like we’re picking up where we left off in 2012.

It’s a little sad to me that this team has so much heritage for being such a young franchise but refuses to reflect that in how they look. Ive watched this team play every Sunday for more than a decade, yet I cannot think about the team at all without that Boselli/Taylor/Thunder & Lightning teal perfection coming to mind. That is the most Jaguars thing to me. I’m glad that the franchise itself has otherwise become very stable because the unis sure as hell will never be.

(The funniest thing, actually, is that this is exactly what a much younger me envisioned and desired way back in early 2012 when it was first known that we’d be getting new unis at all. Things were much simpler then.)

I agree that those original uniforms were great, but we really didn't have a chance at being able to go back to that.

Outlined numbers are finally out, which is great. This means one color might have had to drop off and gold is the obvious choice. Black as the primary gives them a unified look and it represents the logo and name better than teal does.

Black on teal is something we haven't seen the jaguars do but could be a really good combo. Coastal Carolina has this, but it would look way better without the white outlines and such.

The Jaguars also have one of the best fonts, hopefully the stripes can correlate with that in some way.

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

Shoulder stripes come to points in the front. The pants stripe was the same way starting from the bottom and coming to points around halfway up the thigh. I’m guessing the pants stripe will get a lot of heat from the boards. Socks are black at the top, thin teal stripe, and white bottom.

So it's not solid black socks. They have a teal stripe to it. I like socks with stripes. Maybe this works?

Go A's!

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

Socks are black at the top, thin teal stripe, and white bottom.

Like the current Broncos and Chargers socks? If so, then that’s okay with me. Like that style. 

Also, are they keeping their number font? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived