Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bowld said:

Something like this??? (quick/dirty mockup). Also, on a NCAA template since thats all I have at the moment

8YZDCjs.png

I honestly had this exact thought in mind a long time ago when I heard it would be traditional, except I imagined the jersey to be teal and not black. The teal on the socks sounds fantastic and long overdue, but as usual in sports, it's one step forward, two steps back.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Ajarzebra said:

I agree that those original uniforms were great, but we really didn't have a chance at being able to go back to that.

Why? Why not even close? Why not at least the original color balance? It's not like its never happened before.

Outlined numbers are finally out, which is great. This means one color might have had to drop off and gold is the obvious choice.

I'm confused as to why you'd say this as if it somehow needed to happen. There's nothing inherently wrong with outlines and our numbers have always looked good when outlined with a little gold. It gives a little warmth to an otherwise cool color scheme. The 2009-2012 set was bleak and suffered without it.

Black as the primary gives them a unified look and it represents the logo and name better than teal does.

Quit this. "Unified look" makes no sense and its pretty clear to everyone here (with sense, at least) that teams' primary color schemes absolutely don't have to have anything to do with their mascot. Even if they did, then it would make more sense to just go with the gold color rush full time, wouldn't it? I could spout off a list of all of the teams in the NFL and every other major American sports league that used arbitrary colors instead of the color of their animal, but I'd rather you go look at a list of all of the teams on your own and let you decide for yourself how many of them should just be wearing brown jerseys instead of what they have now.

The current font was one of the few things their overhaul got right, so I too would be bummed if they ditched it.  I'm not against borderless numerals, personally. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That looks cool

It looks terrible. The only gold being in the logo makes it look like some arbitrary patch just slapped onto the jersey. The teal numbers will be impossible for spotters and broadcasters. They didn’t learn their lesson the first time that they had to change illegible numbers, so they’re dumb enough to repeat it (if in fact this is all true)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It looks terrible. The only gold being in the logo makes it look like some arbitrary patch just slapped onto the jersey. The teal numbers will be impossible for spotters and broadcasters. They didn’t learn their lesson the first time that they had to change illegible numbers, so they’re dumb enough to repeat it (if in fact this is all true)

When did this happen?

Archived