JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Yikes, this info is not sitting with me well (should it prove to be true).

Sure, I’ll be happy to see the helmet and all of the other dumb elements (which there were many) of the last set gone, but it sounds like they’ve missed a lot of opportunities to get things perfect right now. Tossing gold and keeping all-black the primary just make this feel like yet another transitional uniform that’ll get trashed in another few years. It’s cleanliness may be an upgrade from the last mess, but it’s restraint just makes it feel like we’re picking up where we left off in 2012.

It’s a little sad to me that this team has so much heritage for being such a young franchise but refuses to reflect that in how they look. Ive watched this team play every Sunday for more than a decade, yet I cannot think about the team at all without that Boselli/Taylor/Thunder & Lightning teal perfection coming to mind. That is the most Jaguars thing to me. I’m glad that the franchise itself has otherwise become very stable because the unis sure as hell will never be.

(The funniest thing, actually, is that this is exactly what a much younger me envisioned and desired way back in early 2012 when it was first known that we’d be getting new unis at all. Things were much simpler then.)

41 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Yikes, this info is not sitting with me well (should it prove to be true).

Sure, I’ll be happy to see the helmet and all of the other dumb elements (which there were many) of the last set gone, but it sounds like they’ve missed a lot of opportunities to get things perfect right now. Tossing gold and keeping all-black the primary just make this feel like yet another transitional uniform that’ll get trashed in another few years. It’s cleanliness may be an upgrade from the last mess, but it’s restraint just makes it feel like we’re picking up where we left off in 2012.

It’s a little sad to me that this team has so much heritage for being such a young franchise but refuses to reflect that in how they look. Ive watched this team play every Sunday for more than a decade, yet I cannot think about the team at all without that Boselli/Taylor/Thunder & Lightning teal perfection coming to mind. That is the most Jaguars thing to me. I’m glad that the franchise itself has otherwise become very stable because the unis sure as hell will never be.

(The funniest thing, actually, is that this is exactly what a much younger me envisioned and desired way back in early 2012 when it was first known that we’d be getting new unis at all. Things were much simpler then.)

I agree that those original uniforms were great, but we really didn't have a chance at being able to go back to that.

Outlined numbers are finally out, which is great. This means one color might have had to drop off and gold is the obvious choice. Black as the primary gives them a unified look and it represents the logo and name better than teal does.

Black on teal is something we haven't seen the jaguars do but could be a really good combo. Coastal Carolina has this, but it would look way better without the white outlines and such.

The Jaguars also have one of the best fonts, hopefully the stripes can correlate with that in some way.

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

Shoulder stripes come to points in the front. The pants stripe was the same way starting from the bottom and coming to points around halfway up the thigh. I’m guessing the pants stripe will get a lot of heat from the boards. Socks are black at the top, thin teal stripe, and white bottom.

So it's not solid black socks. They have a teal stripe to it. I like socks with stripes. Maybe this works?

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

Socks are black at the top, thin teal stripe, and white bottom.

Like the current Broncos and Chargers socks? If so, then that’s okay with me. Like that style. 

Also, are they keeping their number font? 

I hope in a few years the teal becomes the primary (if this is all true about it being monochrome black). I am OK with teal over black but I still prefer teal over white for the home set. 

Wow, these sound like garbage. 

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Something like this??? (quick/dirty mockup). Also, on a NCAA template since thats all I have at the moment

8YZDCjs.png

I honestly had this exact thought in mind a long time ago when I heard it would be traditional, except I imagined the jersey to be teal and not black. The teal on the socks sounds fantastic and long overdue, but as usual in sports, it's one step forward, two steps back.

1 hour ago, Ajarzebra said:

I agree that those original uniforms were great, but we really didn't have a chance at being able to go back to that.

Why? Why not even close? Why not at least the original color balance? It's not like its never happened before.

Outlined numbers are finally out, which is great. This means one color might have had to drop off and gold is the obvious choice.

I'm confused as to why you'd say this as if it somehow needed to happen. There's nothing inherently wrong with outlines and our numbers have always looked good when outlined with a little gold. It gives a little warmth to an otherwise cool color scheme. The 2009-2012 set was bleak and suffered without it.

Black as the primary gives them a unified look and it represents the logo and name better than teal does.

Quit this. "Unified look" makes no sense and its pretty clear to everyone here (with sense, at least) that teams' primary color schemes absolutely don't have to have anything to do with their mascot. Even if they did, then it would make more sense to just go with the gold color rush full time, wouldn't it? I could spout off a list of all of the teams in the NFL and every other major American sports league that used arbitrary colors instead of the color of their animal, but I'd rather you go look at a list of all of the teams on your own and let you decide for yourself how many of them should just be wearing brown jerseys instead of what they have now.

Are the fonts very standard block or do they have some life to them?

The current font was one of the few things their overhaul got right, so I too would be bummed if they ditched it.  I'm not against borderless numerals, personally. 

The thing that disappoints me the most about the new design should these descriptions prove accurate: I know it is just going to change again in 5 years. Thus, the Jaguars uniform legacy will be that of change and no consistent identity. 

I think it'd look a lot better if the numbers had gold outlines. Certainly a miss if they're one-color.

1 minute ago, Esco said:

But why no gold? I’m not liking it

Gold accents would compliment the teal/black very well -- the uniform looks incomplete to me without it. I'll be disappointed if there is not any gold on the real uniforms. 

It needs gold. It’s severely lacking without the good.

another “almost but not quite” execution

10 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That looks cool

It looks terrible. The only gold being in the logo makes it look like some arbitrary patch just slapped onto the jersey. The teal numbers will be impossible for spotters and broadcasters. They didn’t learn their lesson the first time that they had to change illegible numbers, so they’re dumb enough to repeat it (if in fact this is all true)