JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

"It's better than the last set."

That's the very definition of damning with faint praise.

Also, watch the teal numbers disappear when they get soaked with sweat/rain. Disaster.

These are awesome. Such an upgrade. Gold might be a nice addition but it’s an awesome look

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I tried to make a concept based on these rumors -- 

mGY0I8H.png

Thoughts @jagsgeek and @TSHARE18 ? 

I actually don't mind this look. My biggest gripe would be the numbers. Make them white and they've got a solid look IMO, gold or no gold.

If it's anywhere close to the mockups they aren't that much better.  Comparing them to the previous uniforms isn't fair because the previous uniforms had their own levels of problems. The helmet especially.  But again, the helmet was one of the major issues with this set.  I'm glad they're supposedly removing the dumb military-inspired shield but without any gold anywhere on the uniforms it stands out worse. 

Saying there's no teal in the away means they aren't embracing teal at all as a primary color. they're now a black and white team with some teal.  or hell...just a black team with teal bits here and there.  If this is the direction it's a really bad direction and shows poor insight as to what (teal) people (teal) want (why not teal?)

Just because it's an improvement over the last set doesn't mean it's any better in the grand scheme of things.

If true, this is sad.  While I love the Vikings & 49ers Color Rush looks, and am a fan of 1-color numbers, the complete lack of gold in this set along with the very Arena League-ish pointed stripes is lunacy.  The least they could do is make the Swoosh on each shoulder and on the pant Gold.  Those pant stripes are absolutely atrocious, and black-on-black-on-black is terrible.  Just look at the Ravens.

I actually really like it. The helmet is an obvious upgrade. The uniform is clean, good looking. Needs more gold. Pants look good. I don’t necessarily love it, but it is certainly a big step in te right direction. Of course they cannot please everyone. But they did a good job.

White with teal numbers would be fantastic, and I think a teal jersey with this design will be incredible. Excited they are moving away from the past helmet. These uniforms are a good way to welcome the new era of Jags football. @TSHARE18, any insight (if you have it) on the color rush? Puke gold again?? 

The newest rumored concept is clean, I suppose, but... I guess congrats to the state of Florida for hosting two Panthers franchises.

If the mockup is correct, the uniforms are not an upgrade. Helmet? Heck yes. But these aren't an upgrade as a whole. I loved the previous set with the teal numbers. The previous set the white pants, white jersey, and teal numbers were great. These new uniforms (again, if the mockup/descriptions are correct) are so bland and lifeless. Khan has done wonderful things for the Jaguars, but he's killed their on-field visual identity.

2 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Nope I seen

black with teal numbers/stripes

white with black numbers/stripes

teal with black numbers/stripes

all same style. Each set had same color for jerseys and pants. So I would just assume the all teal is color rush, or the color rush wasn’t in with what I seen. 

So we finally get to see teal pants?

1 minute ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Ugh. So there will unfortunately be minimal teal on the away. That sucks.

Yep. That is a 100% downgrade. And absolutely no white on the teal and black jerseys? Swing and a miss.

Teal with solid black numbers sounds like a legibility nightmare.  Again, needs outlines.

Just now, TSHARE18 said:

Name on back is white on the teal jersey for some reason. Teal Nike checks on the away whites. 

That doesn't help the cause lol

5 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Name on back is white on the teal jersey for some reason. Teal Nike checks on the away whites. 

Still minimal teal, which is an issue. Like a said, the home set looks pretty good, but I’m not excited about the away one.

You’ve been tight-lipped about this so far so I’d imagine you may not be comfortable answering, which is fine, though it might as well be worth asking: what position were you in that let you see these?

The uniform looks off without any outline around the numbers or gold/white to tie it into the logo.  I'd say it looks way too plain and amateurish, almost like the black 49ers Color Rush uniforms.

5 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Man, it's hard to get excited about that.

Getting rid of the teal away numbers... not cool, guys!  Teal away numbers are what made the team recognizable when it was starting out, because they got those big playoff wins in those away jerseys.

I will save my judgment for when I see them and in motion, and hopefully they keep the font.  But that's almost too much black.

The fact they are getting rid of their stupid two-tone helmet is reason enough to be excited ...

What is the mono obsession in recent years in football? Based on that mockup, the teal numbers need a gold outline, but other than that it's a solid uniform...if it had white pants, or AT LEAST teal socks. Also the teal should be the primary. Go all black twice a year if you must but that jersey with the teal and black swapped (basically what the alternate will be) would be nice modern update without going too far.

I like when a team goes mono once a year or once every 2 years to change it up sometimes and be different, especially if there's contrasting socks (Panthers) but this mono as primary that the Seahawks, Jags and Titans, among others have been going with, along with color rush, is terrible.