Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

If true, this is sad.  While I love the Vikings & 49ers Color Rush looks, and am a fan of 1-color numbers, the complete lack of gold in this set along with the very Arena League-ish pointed stripes is lunacy.  The least they could do is make the Swoosh on each shoulder and on the pant Gold.  Those pant stripes are absolutely atrocious, and black-on-black-on-black is terrible.  Just look at the Ravens.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like it. The helmet is an obvious upgrade. The uniform is clean, good looking. Needs more gold. Pants look good. I don’t necessarily love it, but it is certainly a big step in te right direction. Of course they cannot please everyone. But they did a good job.

White with teal numbers would be fantastic, and I think a teal jersey with this design will be incredible. Excited they are moving away from the past helmet. These uniforms are a good way to welcome the new era of Jags football. @TSHARE18, any insight (if you have it) on the color rush? Puke gold again?? 

If the mockup is correct, the uniforms are not an upgrade. Helmet? Heck yes. But these aren't an upgrade as a whole. I loved the previous set with the teal numbers. The previous set the white pants, white jersey, and teal numbers were great. These new uniforms (again, if the mockup/descriptions are correct) are so bland and lifeless. Khan has done wonderful things for the Jaguars, but he's killed their on-field visual identity.

2 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Nope I seen

black with teal numbers/stripes

white with black numbers/stripes

teal with black numbers/stripes

all same style. Each set had same color for jerseys and pants. So I would just assume the all teal is color rush, or the color rush wasn’t in with what I seen. 

So we finally get to see teal pants?

5 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Man, it's hard to get excited about that.

Getting rid of the teal away numbers... not cool, guys!  Teal away numbers are what made the team recognizable when it was starting out, because they got those big playoff wins in those away jerseys.

I will save my judgment for when I see them and in motion, and hopefully they keep the font.  But that's almost too much black.

The fact they are getting rid of their stupid two-tone helmet is reason enough to be excited ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

What is the mono obsession in recent years in football? Based on that mockup, the teal numbers need a gold outline, but other than that it's a solid uniform...if it had white pants, or AT LEAST teal socks. Also the teal should be the primary. Go all black twice a year if you must but that jersey with the teal and black swapped (basically what the alternate will be) would be nice modern update without going too far.

I like when a team goes mono once a year or once every 2 years to change it up sometimes and be different, especially if there's contrasting socks (Panthers) but this mono as primary that the Seahawks, Jags and Titans, among others have been going with, along with color rush, is terrible.

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Gold outlines wouldn't make a difference.. Colored numbers on a colored jersey are trash

Then again, so are white numbers on a uniform with no white.

It still wouldn’t be optimum, but heavy gold number trim, gold instead of teal on the sleeve and pant stripes, and teal socks with a gold stripe would do wonders for this.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This update will surely fix the #1 problem with the Jaguars current set (the helmet), but it sounds like they’ve severely over corrected everything else. The current set has flaws- absolutely no doubt about it- but what they got right with the current set is the color balance...even though some colors are in the wrong spots, they still used the right amounts and it feels like the Jaguars.

If they took the current set and made some adjustments, it could be a fantastic foundation to build off of. The number font is good. The teal away numbers with the gold and black outline are great. Make the numbers white on the teal jerseys (black on the teal is ugly and non-traditional). Get rid of the shiny shoulder stuff and the contrasting sleeve caps. Use a similar color balance as the current pants, but arrange it in a more traditional stripe pattern.

This proposed uniform just sounds bland and generic. It will lose all of the warmth and familiarity without the gold.

Just pretend the helmet below is solid black. This is really only a couple tweaks away from being quite solid:

904920576.jpg.1515683880.jpg

This isn't hard, Jacksonville.

Teal should be the primary color. For the love of God, enough with the monochrome black obsession. It wasn't a good look when you trotted it out in 2003, it didn't look good when you updated it in 2011, it didn't look good when you made it the primary uniform in 2013 and it certainly won't look good now. If they're going to stick with black, then I'd rather see them do what the Rams did and keep their current uniforms with just the updated helmet. At least their current black jersey has white numbers. Making the numbers teal over black and eliminating gold altogether just seems so stupid. 

How is it possible for a team to screw this up so many times? Even the Bills in 2011 were like "Alright, everybody hates our navy blue look but they love our royal blue '65 throwbacks. Let's make our helmets white again and bring back royal blue as our primary color and call it a night." The Jags are about to fail at their third attempt since 2009 to fix a problem that they themselves created and still can't figure out how to solve. Maybe they'll finally get it right in 2023...

1 minute ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Jags are about to fail at their third attempt since 2009 to fix a problem that they themselves created and still can't figure out how to solve. Maybe they'll finally get it right in 2023...

Say this a little louder for the folks still trying to say “But it’s an upgrade!!”

Archived