Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The helmet is an upgrade. Everything else is a downgrade. This team really can’t figure their own :censored: out. It makes me appreciate the consistency of the Panthers all the more. 

The Jags had the perfect look once...

7VW4xgE.jpg

They did figure it out though, and it really has evolved over their history if you think about it.

Black has slowly worked its way into the primary color slot. It took over before shad bought the team and he liked it so it obviously wasn't goimg anywhere, and for good reason.

Black has always been a fan favorite because it looks really good and makes us stand out from the dolphins, who's white uniforms look too much like the one shown here.

Black and teal is where we should be, and they did a good job pulling it off on what we have seen here. But now there are reports these aren't them so it may not even matter, but I don't expect white and teal to come back.  

3 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

They did figure it out though, and it really has evolved over their history if you think about it.

Black has slowly worked its way into the primary color slot. It took over before shad bought the team and he liked it so it obviously wasn't goimg anywhere, and for good reason.

Black has always been a fan favorite because it looks really good and makes us stand out from the dolphins, who's white uniforms look too much like the one shown here.

Black and teal is where we should be, and they did a good job pulling it off on what we have seen here. But now there are reports these aren't them so it may not even matter, but I don't expect white and teal to come back.  

The first thing Shad did when he bought the team was say the franchise would build their identity in black going forth. That was not made before he came in.

Black was a favorite when it was worn as the alternate. It's real easy to drum up excitement about something different, especially when it's only available to be worn twice a year. The exact same thing happened this past year with the teal. Teal is currently the fan favorite. I can attest to black years ago, but wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar ordeal.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yo if these jerseys don't have gold anywhere I'm gunna lose it this was like the dumbest thing ever honestly almost dumber than the half-gold helmet it was that stupid because it did so little at least with the helmet they tried to do too much like its 2018 nike nfl okay do too much don't do so little you turn teal into the coldest most boring color on the planet im angry

Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Jacksonville+Jaguar

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Those away jerseys are terrible. Utterly terrible. One of the worst in the league now. 

The home is ok, but the all teal is by far the best look. All jerseys could use gold trim (and the away needs teal), but that's nothing that hasn't been said. I'm not feeling the font though, so hopefully the pick another. The socks are ok but the teal stripe could be a little thicker.  At least the Jags fixed the helmet. 

Also shout-out to @TSHARE18 and @jagsgeek for feeding us accurate information (even if it's not what was wanted), unlike some people that have been causing ruckus as of late. 

31 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

They really haven’t. 

As has been stated that’s not true. The switch from teal primaries to black primaries happened when Shad bought the team. 

The Dolphins in aqua and Jags in teal managed to co-exist for years. 

Now the Jags look like a less interesting version of the Raiders, Panthers, and Steelers. 

As far as black being popular? Everything I’ve heard so far on that front is how popular teal appears to be with the fanbase.

If the white uniforms shown are in any way accurate? They failed to do pull off black and teal. The whites are entirely devoid of teal, save for the bits on the logos. 

Hey, maybe the actual look will incorporate some teal not shown here, but based off what we know? The Jags have failed in upgrading their identity from the neck down. 

This team had a great inaugural look, and they’ve chipped away at it consistently to the point where almost nothing is left. 

Certainly bland if that's the real thing - it really just reminds me of the 09-12 set. I don't understand changing number fonts again, as the numbers are probably the highlight of the current set. If these are it, let's just hope they don't overcorrect again in five years, and hit the sweet spot.

I'd still say its an upgrade, fixing the worst helmets in NFL history makes a pretty big difference.

Hopefully they stick to Black/Teal/White and Black/White/Teal for the most part.

33 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

The first thing Shad did when he bought the team was say the franchise would build their identity in black going forth. That was not made before he came in.

Black was a favorite when it was worn as the alternate. It's real easy to drum up excitement about something different, especially when it's only available to be worn twice a year. The exact same thing happened this past year with the teal. Teal is currently the fan favorite. I can attest to black years ago, but wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar ordeal.

The fact that he said that is really all that matters and this uniform shouldn't surprise anyone. Shad has done a good job since he bought the team and he's fixing the mistakes in the last uniform. 

We have worn black numbers on our away uniforms in the past, for many years. Gold does appear to be gone, they tried this once and it didnt work but I'm hopeful they pulled it off this time.

2 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

The fact that he said that is really all that matters and this uniform shouldn't surprise anyone. Shad has done a good job since he bought the team and he's fixing the mistakes in the last uniform. 

We have worn black numbers on our away uniforms in the past, for many years. Gold does appear to be gone, they tried this once and it didnt work but I'm hopeful they pulled it off this time.

Shad has done great things for everything except the uniforms. He's killed that identity through and through. He's not fixing any mistakes of the last uniform, and those mistakes are ones he created anyway.

Speaking of questionable number colors, Stanford pulled out this gem last night:

APTOPIX_Stanford_Arizona_St_Basketball_5

I’m honestly shocked that of all entities, the NCAA allowed this, and I’m shocked that the NFL doesn’t step in to make sure their teams’ uniforms function for the people that they need to.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Also its not like Shad and Tom drew these up on some boat. The Jaguars have a million dollar marketing department, nevermind the leauge they are working with. I'm just trying to offer a different perspective. I always used to switch to the black alternates on Madden so obviously biased.

At the end of the day we should be talking about why the uniforms look like this, not how they look like this.

What's everyone's guess on Tom's "traditional" suggestions?

On it’s own it’s not a bad look for any new team. Modern, yet classic and clean. The problem is it’s for an established Jaguars team, and they dropped the ball...again. They went really modern last time, and over corrected by going too minimal this time.

Really they should’ve found a nice space in the middle. All they really needed to do was make the helmet all black. If you really want to dig they needed to fix the collar and get rid of the shoulder graphics as well. But gun to my head, if they just fixed the helmet and nothing else? Their current set is better than this leak.

I guess it can be salvaged if they wear the teal pants all the time. Those would eliminate the home monochrome issue, and provide the away with the teal it’s missing. That’s about it.

According to those mock ups they should be tolerable as long as they avoid the monochrome looks. Even teal head to toe doesn’t look great without a third color to break things up.

I still don’t understand why everything that is black on the white jersey isn’t teal. 

25 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

Also its not like Shad and Tom drew these up on some boat. The Jaguars have a million dollar marketing department, nevermind the leauge they are working with.

That doesn’t always equate to good designs, however. There have been plenty of poor designs over the last eighteen years designed with the help of “million dollar marketing departments.”

26 minutes ago, Ajarzebra said:

I'm just trying to offer a different perspective.

That’s great, but offering a different perspective doesn’t mean much if you can’t back up your arguments. 

I disagree with you wholeheartedly here, but I will respect your opinion on the matter if you can present your position fairly. 

“Black is more popular than teal,” “the change to black predates Shad,” and “they had million dollar marketing departments behind this” don’t cut it. 

The first is subjective, and not something you can prove. 

The second is false, for reasons mentioned above. The focus on black was one of the first things Shad did after taking over the team. 

“Million dollar marketing teams” produce dud uniforms as often as they produce great looking uniforms. 

If you just like this new look for purely personal aethetic reasons? Cool. I can respect that. Don’t try to present your subjective opinions as fact if they can’t be backed up though.

At the end of the day we should be talking about why the uniforms look like this, not how they look like this.

“How they look like this”? What does that mean?

Regardless, this is a public forum. Any member is free to talk about any aspect of the uniform in question they want. That’s not for you to dictate. 

How is it possible that they screwed this up this bad? I think the horrific previous set is better than the boring, uninspired drab set that these are. On the be bright side at least these will be gone 5 years from now. Terrible. 

Just go back to the 1998- 2008 unis and update it. How hard could it be?

Archived