JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

I'm a little late in on this latest development...

So, is the consensus that these are real?  When trying to scroll through on a 5 page catch-up, it seemed somebody from the team was saying these weren't real.

At any rate, if this is it, that's pretty bad.  The moronic insistence on monochrome is completely expected so I'll try to ignore it (after mentioning again that it blows 110% of the time, and is beneath the dignity of an actual NFL team), but the other apparent decisions are stupid, too. 

Is that the font?  I'm assuming it's a generic placeholder, because that's exactly what it looks like.  And while the teal numbers on black will be difficult to read, the black numbers on teal will be almost impossible.

It's a real shame Teal was suspended through this... he/she must be pounding his/her head on the keyboard, itching to post about five dozen one-sentence posts.

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, is the consensus that these are real?  When trying to scroll through on a 5 page catch-up, it seemed somebody from the team was saying these weren't real.

At any rate, if this is it, that's pretty bad.  The moronic insistence on monochrome is completely expected so I'll try to ignore it (after mentioning again that it blows 110% of the time, and is beneath the dignity of an actual NFL team), but the other apparent decisions are stupid, too. 

Is that the font?  I'm assuming it's a generic placeholder, because that's exactly what it looks like.  And while the teal numbers on black will be difficult to read, the black numbers on teal will be almost impossible.

It's a real shame Teal was suspended through this... he/she must be pounding his head on the keyboard, itching to post about five dozen one-sentence posts.

To my knowledge no one from the team has said they aren't real, simply that they aren't accurate. It's quite possible that these are legit but aren't the final version. As a user claiming to have seen them said, the number font might be different.

4 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

To my knowledge no one from the team has said they aren't real, simply that they aren't accurate. It's quite possible that these are legit but aren't the final version. As a user claiming to have seen them said, the number font might be different.

Or they could just be trying to downplay a leak.  There's simply no way to know right now.

Yeah the original concept "leak" (with Fournette high-stepping) was discredited. That one had the wider stripes, though even j'villjags said he just created based on the info on hand and was only meant to be an estimate.

The strip of all three uniforms (which do have a few details that are different than the original) has yet to be discredited.

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's a real shame Teal was suspended through this... he/she must be pounding his head on the keyboard, itching to post about five dozen one-sentence posts.

From what I've seen, the team representative that dismissed these had only dismissed my initial concept. And of course that initial version wasn't accurate because I was only going off of rumors about the uniforms described here. He did not dismiss the supposed leaked images that were later posted. 

Here's the tweet I saw about my first concept of the uniforms --

If you read the comments in this tweet, you can see the supposed leaked images were presented to him, and he hadn't responded to say those were inaccurate. 

DsFTdDP.png

I've always enjoyed making concepts leading up to an unveiling to see how close I can get to the real thing. I'll post a design, and then make some adjustments based on feedback. It's never been intended to pass as an accurate representation of anything since I don't have insider information. But I like trying to show what could be based on what has been described. 

15 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

He got banned for more than just "being excited".

That's a shame. It seems like he got a bit more aggressive than the number of teams who wore teal in the 90's. 

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

That's a shame. It seems like he got a bit more aggressive than the number of teams who wore teal in the 90's. 

He just couldn't "not post" was his issue. 83% of his posts were "I agree" or "Not long now" or something that didn't add anything to the discussion. The type of posting that will eventually annoy the majority of other posters and then he pulls the "we're bullying him" card rather than simply learning "oh, I don't have to post these little pointless comments, I can just think them".

6 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The general public hasn't been a fan of the mockups either. My brother, who has been dead set on buying a Jalen Ramsey jersey once the new uniforms were released, is now not going to do so with this design. I've seen other fans say they aren't interested in buying this jersey, if things hold true. (Granted, we know many still will buy jerseys, but still.) If these people are not excited about buying the most profitable piece of merchandise, the article that has garnered tons of money and is the reason why teams continue to change uniforms and Color Rush exists, than that alone would make this a failure of a design.

I've was planning on buying a new Jags jersey as well but instead will be saving my money or buying the retired set on clearance. Such a shame. I was looking forward to buying both a new Loons jersey and a new Jaguars jersey. Instead, both my favorite teams unveil looks that I hate. At least my wallet will be happy.

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Piggybacking off of @Gupti's tweaks -- here's another variation that would bring back the aesthetic of the Fred Taylor era.

Upby7Zw.png

This would be a top-5 uniform in the NFL. Great color balance, clean design. Make this your uniform, and you would be set for a long time.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

This would be a top-5 uniform in the NFL. Great color balance, clean design. Make this your uniform, and you would be set for a long time.

It's clean and has just enough of all their colors that the logo doesn't look out of place like it does on the uniforms without any gold and white.

I think we're making too much of staff member Twitter guy.  He hasn't tweeted at all since the "all teams must wait til April" one.

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

In memory of our departed member @Teal .. I agree. Not long now. 

But, seriously, I love the look, it's a great balance, especially with the numbers not being black.

5 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I thought the Jaguars were going back to teal as the main color. Is that right?

We don't know.

5 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Piggybacking off of @Gupti's tweaks -- here's another variation that would bring back the aesthetic of the Fred Taylor era.

Upby7Zw.png

This is so much better than the speculated set that it’s almost silly. This wasn’t hard, Jacksonville.

14 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Nike fixed that jersey production problem and made them all consistent. With Nike's fix, yes, 100% that design is better than this new one (if it turns out to be true). Both are blah, yes. But at least this had legible numbers and wasn't a monochrome mess (except for their last season when Khan took over the team and made them all black).

Screen-shot-2012-09-28-at-10.10.16-.png156662043.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I couldn't disagree more. But hell, we all have our opinions. I'm not gotta hate on your for yours.

16 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5MhmGf9zMM8/TJJgTmMLvaI/AAAAAAAADnc/ah2pBkan014/s1600/9-16-10+usa+today+link.png

Stop. I don't believe anybody actually thinks that ^ looks better than the mock ups. But go ahead and fire away with the hyperbole ridden takes. 

Oh, you're not familiar with my stance on colored numbers for colored jerseys... I ABSOLUTELY think those old ones are light years better than the mockups.. ZERO hyperbole in that statement.. I feel that strongly about how bad those mockups are, especially for a football team..