Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I know Jaguars fans feel otherwise, and I guess you might call me the "OMG new anthracite jerseys r fire!!1!1" guy (which I'm not, by the way), but I think that Nike has done amazing on all of the new jerseys, with the only blemish being Cleveland (and IMO an update was needed - their previous uniforms were way too plain). Tampa Bay only needs to change the numbers (I actually really like the helmet), Jacksonville needs to change the helmet and NOTHING ELSE (well, except for changing the numbers on the teal jersey to white). IMO the Jags look is easily the best in team history from the neck down. Change the helmet to the old black/teal and add the updated logo and you're good for forever.

*ducks*

Well, I guess it's determined who gets voted off the island first, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I am with you on this. Helmet change for JAX back the the dark Metallic Teal and more teal and white in the uniform numbers.  Wordmarks and numbers are fine. TB's helmet is fine but the numbers and the shoulders are too much. I actually like Cleveland's helmets but the wordmark and the name down the pants are too huge for my taste.

*ducks* AND crawls back under the rock from whence I came.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

2 hours ago, pokecat12 said:

I am with you on this. Helmet change for JAX back the the dark Metallic Teal and more teal and white in the uniform numbers.  Wordmarks and numbers are fine. TB's helmet is fine but the numbers and the shoulders are too much. I actually like Cleveland's helmets but the wordmark and the name down the pants are too huge for my taste.

*ducks* AND crawls back under the rock from whence I came.

images.png.3ddb03fbfe8df418c75fa888e11d7748.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I know Jaguars fans feel otherwise, and I guess you might call me the "OMG new anthracite jerseys r fire!!1!1" guy (which I'm not, by the way), but I think that Nike has done amazing on all of the new jerseys, with the only blemish being Cleveland (and IMO an update was needed - their previous uniforms were way too plain). Tampa Bay only needs to change the numbers (I actually really like the helmet), Jacksonville needs to change the helmet and NOTHING ELSE (well, except for changing the numbers on the teal jersey to white). IMO the Jags look is easily the best in team history from the neck down. Change the helmet to the old black/teal and add the updated logo and you're good for forever.

*ducks*

Well, I guess it's determined who gets voted off the island first, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The black jersey with teal sleeves does not look good. They just aren't the right colors to do that design with. The white jersey with black sleeves and teal numbers is by far my favorite jersey in our history. But the current black jerseys are the worst jerseys in the history of the franchise. Kill them with fire.

Any of you who like the abysmal look they are currently trotting out every Sunday I advise you to look up on YouTube the 1996 game against the broncos and tell me that isn’t an absolutely gorgeous looking football game. The original look should have gone down as a classic. 

A5FC7B81-BFC1-4366-82E9-F2BE7C442089.jpeg

Ever since they decided to break something that was working fine it's been one over correction after another. Whether it was the teal, black, and white pipping jersey with no gold, adding gold to the helmet and cutting down on the black, and then trying to force black onto the pants and jerseys. It all looks like garbage including the new logo replacing the old one. Go back to what worked which was black helmet, teal and white jerseys, white pants, and teal letters with gold trim. Anything else will look off balanced to one color or the other.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, Red Wolf said:

I feel like the Jags' helmets are so appalling that it's tricked us into thinking the rest of the set is fine. Not great or anything, but fine. In my mind, even pretending that the Jags used a regular, beautiful, glossy helmet I feel like they're a bottom 5 or so look in the league. 

This is also why Tom Cruise only makes movies with other short people.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:39 AM, Gupti said:

Ah? What was your confirmation, if I might ask? Would be relieving to hear my loose sources actually be corroborated.

Mostly just conversations with some in the know & that have been on these stadium tours ( which I've got one coming up) and a local sports merchandiser, so it's slow but it's there and slowly trickling out.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

21 hours ago, Teal said:

Really?! Have you seen or heard anything?

Just heard, it's also becoming much more noticeable in marketing items which in recent years had a heavy emphasis on gold. This season there has been alot more teal & white from tickets, to souvenirs cups and other items. It's also had been pointed out to me that the color rash gold doesn't sell has well as they had hoped, A lot of it just doesn't move.    

#DTWD #GoJaguars

4 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Mostly just conversations with some in the know & that have been on these stadium tours ( which I've got one coming up) and a local sports merchandiser, so it's slow but it's there and slowly trickling out.

That's great to hear. Good luck in finding any more information (if you can :P) on your tour.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:23 AM, Claystation360 said:

Just heard, it's also becoming much more noticeable in marketing items which in recent years had a heavy emphasis on gold. This season there has been alot more teal & white from tickets, to souvenirs cups and other items. It's also had been pointed out to me that the color rash gold doesn't sell has well as they had hoped, A lot of it just doesn't move.    

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to seeing whats in store.

Please keep us updated!

Jaguars

25 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Teams who got it right the first time, then crapped it all away (in no particular order):

- San Diego Padres

- Minnesota Wild

- Jacksonville Jaguars

Think about it, Jags. This isn’t hard.

Don’t forget the Marlins, those were a thing of beauty. 

Am I the only person who thought the Jaguars never looked truly good? Their original jerseys were decent but a bit bland, the mods made in the 2000s were less than noticeable, the 2009-2012 set was meh, but this new look, I actually think fits the team and just needs the fixes I described several days ago.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Archived