Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

49 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Marv actually stuck around another year. The Jags didn't make him retire - Todd Collins did.

My fault, I got that confused with the Marino/Johnson thing I guess

Also, the mockups are... growing on me.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Quick mock up done by reddit user MojoFan32 based on some of the leaks.

YYEikOm7pn-oXfuFjnYRiPY90gFMMT3_H6oQMLB9

I still hate the FOX Saturday Morning Kidz Cartoon Kitty logo, but that's all-around nice.  Sprinkle some teal and gold in there bit by bit and it should look kickass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

31 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

I don't hate it, but then again it's hard to make something this simple look bad. It really is a pretty sharp look on its own merit, but the obvious problem is that you wouldn't even know teal was a major part of the color scheme by looking at this photo. Teal numbers would really help.

56 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I don't hate it, but then again it's hard to make something this simple look bad. It really is a pretty sharp look on its own merit, but the obvious problem is that you wouldn't even know teal was a major part of the color scheme by looking at this photo. Teal numbers would really help.

It seems that's always been the Jaguars struggle with their uniforms: they just have no idea how to balance the color. Even the original set that most of us love it seemed they were constantly tweaking. Their on-field identity is that of constant change.

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Jags/Bills slapfight? Might as well work the Browns in for the trifecta of futility. 

That is the AFC Finalist Jacksonville Jaguars, sir. 

We wont put up a banner like the Colts though.

15 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

That is the AFC Finalist Jacksonville Jaguars, sir. 

We wont put up a banner like the Colts though.

In case you forgot.... 

:P

NFL_Titans.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif
2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
TENNESSEE TITANS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Titans.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Texans.gif
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS TENNESSEE TITANS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS HOUSTON TEXANS
NFL_Texans.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Colts_OLD1.gif NFL_Texans.gif NFL_Texans.gif
2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
HOUSTON TEXANS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS HOUSTON TEXANS HOUSTON TEXANS
NFL_Jaguars.gif
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

New rumored look is sitting fine with me the more I see it. It's not perfect, but it doesn't actively look BAD. Its faults are in what is missing (more teal or gold depending on your preference), not what is shown so it comes off as inoffensive to the eyes. I think if they use the teal for 4-6 games we'll all be okay with overall look this season. If it's for one game we might get antsy with the black and white look.

2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Nice edit.  I still don't like it, but this looks better here than in the other mocks we've seen.  What bothers me most, besides the exclusion of Teal & Gold?  The Jaguar head on the left chest...with it 6" away on the helmet.  Seems redundant.  I suppose they're thinking of retail there.

Coughlin: "We have some guys that will be in the hall of fame and the connection will be there, the uniform will be very similar as we go forward."

Obviously speaking on Boselli (someday maybe Taylor, Smith... too soon to speak on anyone else) but that could bring out a whole new set of speculation.

More from Khan's interview:

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180327/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-talks-uniforms-lot-j-shipyards

“You know what, I didn’t have to be talked into [more teal] because I had my first stab at the uniform [in 2013] and I think it was different and edgy and obviously disliked. When we went through the redo, it was like, ‘OK, let’s do something different.’ Teal obviously resonates with people because of the success we had historically.”

Also:

Khan said it was Tom Coughlin’s decision to wear teal jerseys for several home games last year.

It was two games, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out Coughlin put it in his contract or something that he wouldn't come to the Jags without them getting rid of the mustard uniforms. :lol:

20 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

From what the coaches are saying it sounds like the mock ups we saw are bull :censored:. I hope so. 

These statements by Tom and Khan have me starting to feel that way as well. The leaked mockups aren't the final. Also, they won't look like UCLA.

So that would mean all of the leakers should be banned...right? :P

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  They'll have multiple helmets.

White and black helmets.  Home uniforms will be exclusively white on white on white on white on white.  The all-black look will be TNF or primetime games.  They'll have a teal color rush set, but no teal helmet.  Calling it here. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived