Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  They'll have multiple helmets.

White and black helmets.  Home uniforms will be exclusively white on white on white on white on white.  The all-black look will be TNF or primetime games.  They'll have a teal color rush set, but no teal helmet.  Calling it here. 

Not unless the NFL changes its rules they won't.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Quick mock up done by reddit user MojoFan32 based on some of the leaks.

YYEikOm7pn-oXfuFjnYRiPY90gFMMT3_H6oQMLB9

For people who like matte or satin helmets, doesn't it look bad that the logo on a helmet with one of those finishes is glossy and the helmet isn't? Me? I think this looks like crap.

It's where I sit.

So we know now that Khan had heavy, if not solo, influence on the current/soon-to-be previous set.

If so, he gets credit/blame for the new logo (cat head), and the new font.  At least the sign-off.  He should get major credit for the new font, it is unique and stylish, and I seriously hope they keep it.  It's all over the stadium, not to mention the graphics packages and what have you.

Just glad to have a little bit of clarification and some tiny new details ahead of the reveal.

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  They'll have multiple helmets.

White and black helmets.  Home uniforms will be exclusively white on white on white on white on white.  The all-black look will be TNF or primetime games.  They'll have a teal color rush set, but no teal helmet.  Calling it here. 

Why?

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

Do your work boys-

DZUz95jV4AAAvc9.jpg

There's nothing there when you apply levels/curves/brightness filters in Photoshop. They've either photographed a blank jersey or (more likely) just painted opaque black over the main front of the uniform. No trolling like the Titans did with their uni sneak peek.

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

For people who like matte or satin helmets, doesn't it look bad that the logo on a helmet with one of those finishes is glossy and the helmet isn't? Me? I think this looks like crap.

It actually looks better this way. The logo stands out more.

1 hour ago, H11K said:

Not even a Jags fan and I will be entering into this.

"Congrats on winning the contest...what do you think of the new uniforms?"

"Meh...I'm not a fan of the team, so I guess they're okay..." :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Glossy decal looks better on a satin helmet than a matte, but I'd rather see a metallic "chrome" (not shiny silver chrome, but metallic chrome) decal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

"Congrats on winning the contest...what do you think of the new uniforms?"

"Meh...I'm not a fan of the team, so I guess they're okay..." :D

Not gonna lie that one got a good laugh. Seriously though I think it would be cool to see the unveiling in person, considering how much of a uniform nut this board has turned me into the last 4 years.

a2BRS8U.png

7 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

There's nothing there when you apply levels/curves/brightness filters in Photoshop. They've either photographed a blank jersey or (more likely) just painted opaque black over the main front of the uniform. No trolling like the Titans did with their uni sneak peek.

I'm pretty sure it's the current/soon-to-be-replaced uniform. The shoulders look teal but the torso looks black. Looks like a recycled Leonard Fornette image used very often last year.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Guys, listen. They’re going to have teal and black as colors. You may not believe me now, but you’ll feel like a fool in the future. If they show some behind the scenes of the design process you’ll even see that more than one idea was actually considered. Wild, huh?

19 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Coughlin: "We have some guys that will be in the hall of fame and the connection will be there, the uniform will be very similar as we go forward."

Obviously speaking on Boselli (someday maybe Taylor, Smith... too soon to speak on anyone else) but that could bring out a whole new set of speculation.

I caught that, which makes me think we're definitely getting Teal over White as primaries.  Maybe the "leaks" we've seen were a diversion.

Archived