JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Am I the only person who thought the Jaguars never looked truly good? Their original jerseys were decent but a bit bland, the mods made in the 2000s were less than noticeable, the 2009-2012 set was meh, but this new look, I actually think fits the team and just needs the fixes I described several days ago.

Just saw the title of this thread. All I'll say is THANK GOD. 

Now if we can only get the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on board for a uniform change in 2018 as well. 

Buc    497
41 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

In my personal opinion, the Jacksonville Jaguars looked their absolute best sporting the uniforms that they wore during the 1998 through 2001 NFL seasons. 

I've long thought the same thing. Had they never tinkered with it, they'd have a contemporary classic on their hands.

Gupti    274
46 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Just saw the title of this thread. All I'll say is THANK GOD. 

Now if we can only get the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on board for a uniform change in 2018 as well. 

They'll be eligible starting in 2019. ;)

G-tron    22
6 hours ago, Buc said:

I've long thought the same thing. Had they never tinkered with it, they'd have a contemporary classic on their hands.

But now they can wear retro jerseys in a few years and sell those! If they went the Carolina route and stuck with the same jerseys, they would never have that option. It is a business, after all.

joekono    30
On 9/29/2017 at 3:51 PM, PaleVermilion81 said:

Would love if they went black helmet, teal jersey, black pants as an option. That was always my favorite Jags look.

52035500.thumb.jpg.2e04fb20de256bc64b59b0da6f606ef4.jpgold_teal_over_black2.jpg.72ee16281e877912656dc40bceb74837.jpg

This look was their best.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:42 AM, Chawls said:

So is the gold getting eliminated altogether, or just deemphasized? 

From my understanding it's just minimized a bit. 

Teal    95
1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

From my understanding it's just minimized a bit. 

Thanks again for dropping the knowledge. Much appreciated my friend.

Fassy    15
On 10/5/2017 at 1:31 PM, Arby's. said:

Any of you who like the abysmal look they are currently trotting out every Sunday I advise you to look up on YouTube the 1996 game against the broncos and tell me that isn’t an absolutely gorgeous looking football game. The original look should have gone down as a classic. 

A5FC7B81-BFC1-4366-82E9-F2BE7C442089.jpeg

I think they would look sharp with a uniform that started with the helmet being painted this color metallic teal with the current gold Jaguar logo and a black face mask... 

umlegend1980    21
On 10/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, the heat suck said:

Am I the only person who thought the Jaguars never looked truly good? Their original jerseys were decent but a bit bland, the mods made in the 2000s were less than noticeable, the 2009-2012 set was meh, but this new look, I actually think fits the team and just needs the fixes I described several days ago.

No you aren't.  They need serious help.  Maybe it's the 90's teal that's the problem. 

Gupti    274
4 hours ago, umlegend1980 said:

No you aren't.  They need serious help.  Maybe it's the 90's teal that's the problem. 

narrator voice: "It wasn't."

the admiral    10,632

Take the 2000s Jags uniforms, make the teal a touch greener, flip the black and gold outlines so gold doesn't touch white, get the teal flake helmet back, and you're more or less set. Not a perfect set, it's too crowded at the top for this, but good enough and worlds better than what they have now.

I kind of liked their original uni's. It was a new, modern set but not overwhelmingly zany

The helmet was perfect and never needed to be touched.

If they were still playing right now in their 1995 uni's with some tweaks along the way it would still look like a solid set that belongs in the league. The Jaguar may have had to be removed from the upper arm and put elsewhere as sleeves started to disapear from the game.

Sec19Row53    468
1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

The monochrome gold Jaguars logo at the beginning of this gif isn't really the worst thing:

No, but it isn't the ok-est thing, either.