Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Just now, waldowest said:

Okay, this is a really annoying question I'm sure, but I'm lazy and a quick google search isn't coming up with anything. We just got the Titans. Jags are the 19th, from what I can tell? Are we getting any other major changes this year? Browns might be making a few minor ones, but nothing big right?

Dolphins are making tweaks. April 19th for them too. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I really wish they would go back to the old Jaguar head on the helmet.

I thought the new rendering of the jaguar head was just about the only real improvement the last uniform unveil. I know people think its clipart-ish but the old jag head looked like a jaguar madballs. I just wish the last time they would have slapped that bad boy on the helmet they had at that time, the black with teal undercoat.

6 hours ago, KouPilot said:

I thought the new rendering of the jaguar head was just about the only real improvement the last uniform unveil. I know people think its clipart-ish but the old jag head looked like a jaguar madballs. I just wish the last time they would have slapped that bad boy on the helmet they had at that time, the black with teal undercoat.

When the new logo first came out, I really hated that it was replacing the logo I’d come to love and identify with as a kid. However, as time passed, I came to appreciate how much better the new logo is rendered. It may be a little overdone in some places, but it’s good enough for me that it is definitely one of my favorite parts of the current brand and I wouldn’t give it up. The final straw was when I found this vintage Jaguars banner with the old Jag head on it at a garage sale that’s now hanging in my room. Seeing it blown up so big and up close everyday demonstrates for me how blobby and sloppy it is.

8 hours ago, Teal said:

We have known they are going the traditional route for months now. 

Yes. Would prefer it if no one posted anything interesting in here until the unveiling? Just “won’t be long now” for the next 13 days?

40 minutes ago, Gupti said:

...However, as time passed, I came to appreciate how much better the new logo is rendered... Seeing it blown up so big and up close everyday demonstrates for me how blobby and sloppy it is.

I’m as picky as it gets when it comes to spotting sloppiness, compositional errors, opportunities to improve clarity, proper rendering, etc. in a logo, so this is a really odd take for me to digest.

I can count on one hand the parts of the old logo that could be cleaned up. I gave up when I got to twenty on the new one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I honestly think that both Jaguars logos are nice. I prefer the old one's simplicity and stylization, but the new one is more expressive and lacks those dead eyes that the old one had. Still if I had to go with one, I'd choose the old one. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

So did they move their launch back to April 26th?  Wasn't it the 19th?  Maybe because the Dolphins wanted the 19th as well?

The way I read it is the uniforms will still be shown off on the 19th, but fans and the public will get their first in-person look on the 26th.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The official unveil is still the 19th, and the first chance to buy them is the 26th, I think. The Jags made it really confusing when they didn't have to; just call it a draft party.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That makes leaks of the retail jersey essentially impossible. Jacksonville is actually smart

More teams should use this strategy.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 4/5/2018 at 10:59 AM, CS85 said:

Chris is the Titans.  I'm hoping Ron is the Jags.

Meh. I like lettuce-tomato-pickle-onion on my burger. That's still a lot more plain and traditional than Tennessee's new getup though.

So, this was just posted today

Coughlin's comments here and elsewhere have resonated with me recently. I think it's interesting that he speaks to having been involved in the original concept process, which means they started on this redesign very early once Coughlin was hired on. Also, have to think the leaks aren't entirely true based on these "traditional, classic, distinctive" "National Football League uniform" comments.

Also, this:

Can't speak to Cole's legitimacy here on this topic, but it is good to see gold isn't entirely gone, if this is true. Larger helmet logo is interesting. I sometimes feel like the logo could be larger, and I hope it's not too large. Just a small increase would be nice.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived