Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The fact that people still need this to be deconfirmed is an affront to my sanity.

Same. Just listed it cause we both know someone here will be asking at some point.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm glad to hear the leaks are supposedly inaccurate. I'm all for simplifying their look from what is now the old uniforms, but those seemed to go too far in the opposite direction and looked terribly plain with only one color stripes and numbers

I’m excited to hear that the “leaks” from a few weeks ago are not accurate. Those would be the anthisesis of everything Coughlin described. Those would be far from classic and just plain boring. Hoping they keep the number font, teal becomes the primary, balance the use of black and gold trim, and an all black helmet.

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

If you recall my post from the last time I spoke with them, they knew long before the last two redesigns. Retailers have to order the stuff very early, so it makes complete sense that they see concept work of it before the reveal. 

If you are referring to the potential throwback design process, maybe those in charge (they mentioned Nike salesmen multiple times) have mentioned these things to them. They also mentioned that said Nike salesman had told them about pitching alternate uniforms to Alabama. The first had houndstooth sleeves and was obviously rejected. They eventually did get the 2nd one, the ProCombat, pitched and approved. Nike also said they wouldn't do it again since they lost a ton of money on it.

I don't know. Just passing along what I've discovered. Retailers are a much more legitimate source, to me, than many Twitter users.

I appreciate your willingness to share. I guess I'm just stunned to learn that a big reveal like this is shared at such a local level.

My skepticism is more the process and not your information. Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

It's where I sit.

Let's be realistic....Classic and traditional is boring so get ready to be bored and disappointed if what Coughlin is saying is correct.  Personally, give me simple and boring   I'd rather be on the side of boring than embarrassing.  Give me a Giants, GB, SF jersey any day over the trash the Titans just released.  The Titans uniforms will be out of style in two weeks (if they aren't already) and already screaming for a redo.  I want something simple and timeless...Whew, that was Therapeutic.  I needed that.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not doubting you, but offering a 'yeah, but'.

How does this retailer see where they are in the design process since they aren't done. Or maybe better still, WHY does a retailer see anything prior to the release date. I don't understand why or how that might happen.

These come out in a week. Trust me when I say they are definitely done with the design process and have been for quite some time.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I appreciate your willingness to share. I guess I'm just stunned to learn that a big reveal like this is shared at such a local level.

My skepticism is more the process and not your information. Apologies if it didn't come across that way.

No worries, took it as such.

Should have also added originally that the person I talked to in December said Nike and Jacksonville had been a lot more secretive over this redesign than previous ones. But that still doesn't stop them from seeing some things earlier than those of us here. It's a fine line for everyone involved, understandably.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 hours ago, GigantorinJax said:

Let's be realistic....Classic and traditional is boring so get ready to be bored and disappointed if what Coughlin is saying is correct.  Personally, give me simple and boring   I'd rather be on the side of boring than embarrassing.  Give me a Giants, GB, SF jersey any day over the trash the Titans just released.  The Titans uniforms will be out of style in two weeks (if they aren't already) and already screaming for a redo.  I want something simple and timeless...Whew, that was Therapeutic.  I needed that.

Classic and traditional aren't inherently boring.. Illinois and Wazzu are boring.. Heck, you could argue that Alabama and Penn State are boring.. But USC, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Kansas State, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, etc all have great uniforms with vibrant details that are aesthetic signatures for their respective brands, all while maintaining classic looks, and none of which would be considered boring by most of the members of these boards.. Don't get the terms confused - they have very different meanings.. 

5 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

It’s on their draft hat, so done deal.

IIRC when the lions redesign was happening they released the draft hats prior to the reveal and they used the old logo. After the reveal it was updated. 

Not saying the Jags logo could change (it shouldn't, is it perfect? No, but I prefer it to the old one) but it's possible. 

I appreciate the information, Clintau.  

Also, a bit of relief that the leaks were inaccurate.  I didn't hate them, but black primary and black numbers on the away are not anything "traditional" for the franchise if you ask me.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

IIRC when the lions redesign was happening they released the draft hats prior to the reveal and they used the old logo. After the reveal it was updated. 

Not saying the Jags logo could change (it shouldn't, is it perfect? No, but I prefer it to the old one) but it's possible. 

No the Lions released their new logo in early February right around the Super Bowl. Those draft hats just weren't up to date. https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/01/detroit-lions-logo/97332380/

17 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Remember back in December when I spoke with a local Jacksonville retailer? I went and spoke to a different location of the same company, and I've got a lot more details to share.

• Teal and black will undoubtedly be emphasized over anything else. Gold is not gone entirely, but in little use
  • I showed a photo of the leaks and they immediately said that's not what they saw. They saw a design about a month ago, but has seen many different editions since. But they were adamant the leak was not correct.
  • I got the impression the logo is not changing, so no snow leopard uniforms.
  • The gold jerseys are just about gone. Don't think Jacksonville nor the retailers were fond of them. They sold terribly.
  • This is the craziest of them:
    • Not this upcoming season, but eventually apparently, the Jaguars will have throwback uniforms. They specifically mentioned the full body sleeve logo, so the original uniforms could very well be back for a game or two in the coming seasons. Never thought we'd see that.
  • They truly believe Coughlin will keep simple, a la the Giants. Nothing too crazy.

I ended up spending an hour talking with the person, with the uniform stuff the minority of what was discussed. 

We must talk to same people. :upside:

#DTWD #GoJaguars

8 minutes ago, Jaguars27 said:

What are the chances it leaks? Also I’m guessing the Jags aren’t gonna tease it at all? They did in 2013. 

They've teased a bit (the player video, for example) but the way the organization is running right now, I am not sure.  

I think it won't leak.  Too tight a ship.  Tom Coughlin would hunt down green dong guy.

Archived