Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

4 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

Hopefully the Jags won't botch this like the Titans did.

Well with the recent trend I would say that this will be average at best. Changing the helmet to all black and making the teal jersey the primary from the last set and probably drop the shield and you’re pretty top notch. I like that look with black pants.  If you wanted to throw it back a little and keep that set, you do all of that and then make the numbers white on the teal jersey      and pair them with white pants at home and that would have been muy bueno in my opinion. Tis just as opinion.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I predict the board's approval rating will fall somewhere between the Lions and Vikings.

Oh, I could only hope in my wildest dreams...

My prediction is that, ultimately, it will be pleasantly stomachable to me in its simplicity, though it will have one little detail like a goofy pants stripe (or worse: keep their current debacle of a pants stripe?) that’ll bother me for years and make the look a lot more dated than it should be before long.

I’m also a bit nervous that it could end up being similar to this early draft of the current set, which already looks like a lame compromise between Khan and Coughlin’s sensibilities.

image.thumb.png.b8b10a65a89a56055196fb5bfffb5d02.png

58 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Is that a rising Sun type design inside the shield logo? Maybe trying to emulate the city flag?

The flag connection is clever and sounds plausible. I assumed they were trying to find a little extra “something” to add to the logo to give it some pizazz. Glad they were able to find some restraint there, though.

It's pretty obvious that most of the local media has seen them, probably in an unofficial capacity, and because they don't want to get on the team's bad side they are keeping a tight lid on it until Thursday no matter what.

The latest "prediction" I've seen is one of the channel 4 sports reporters saying to "expect [the uniforms] to look a lot like they did when the Jaguars were winning under Coughlin."

I'm ok with that.

1 hour ago, Esco said:

In other words they’re going be modified throwbacks.

Given that the Jags' franchise has an all-time classic jersey to its name, and that Nike's "modern" designs have a pretty mediocre hit rate, that might be the best-case scenario.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

25 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Interesting:

Just a guy but still

That's not necessarily a good thing with this team for all we know they're signing a 47 year old Mark Brunell to the squad.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

If the leaks we saw are somewhat accurate I could see the new uniform looking like the Steelers current set. Black jersey, white numerals, and teal!? pants. Maybe "Return of Tradition" just means going back to a more traditional uniform?

Im sure the forum will be skeptical of a first-time poster, but from a guy who provided me some correct information a couple months ago about the Jags unis, I was told a few things over the weekend:

- The primary home jerseys are still black, not teal as has been speculated.

- The numbering and wordmark is white on black jerseys, black on white away, and black on teal alternates. (Yes, there is a teal alternate)

- The jersey numbering is "modern block" font. 

- The ONLY gold at all, is the Jaguar head logo patch replacing the prior shield.

- Teal is used on the black jersey around the collar and sleeves, in a very "traditional style", and some piping on the pants. 

- Helmet is flatish black, but not full matte if that makes sense, with a slightly larger Jaguar head logo that we are used to.

Team is doing a "sneak peak" tonight for contest winners, but dont expect too much leaked as they have all signed NDAs prior to accepting invite.

25 minutes ago, ColJag said:

Im sure the forum will be skeptical of a first-time poster, but from a guy who provided me some correct information a couple months ago about the Jags unis, I was told a few things over the weekend:

- The numbering and wordmark is white on black jerseys, black on white away, and black on teal alternates. (Yes, there is a teal alternate)

- The ONLY gold at all, is the Jaguar head logo patch replacing the prior shield.

- Teal is used on the black jersey around the collar and sleeves, in a very "traditional style", and some piping on the pants. 

- Helmet is flatish black, but not full matte if that makes sense, with a slightly larger Jaguar head logo that we are used to.

Team is doing a "sneak peak" tonight for contest winners, but dont expect too much leaked as they have all signed NDAs prior to accepting invite.

Ive heard the same about the jerseys, except the teal jerseys have white numbers. 

5 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

So it's an all black affair?

For the most part, yes.

Black is going to remain the predominant color.

Teal is being used for accents and the alternate. There are teal pants now too for use, though before the '09 uniform changes, they had teal pants available but never used them.

There is also no trim around the numbering or names.

Earlier in the Winter, Khan stated they were the, "black, white, & teal", in a fan 'Thank You' on the team site.

28 minutes ago, ColJag said:

This sounds extremely similar to the leaks we've seen. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ColJag said:

For the most part, yes.

Black is going to remain the predominant color.

Teal is being used for accents and the alternate. There are teal pants now too for use, though before the '09 uniform changes, they had teal pants available but never used them.

There is also no trim around the numbering or names.

Earlier in the Winter, Khan stated they were the, "black, white, & teal", in a fan 'Thank You' on the team site.

Skeptically, this sounds like information that could be taken from the leaks that are likely not 100% true...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

At this point I'm not going to believe anybody on this site who doesn't have a strong reputation of information leaks about what these uniforms look like. No offense. Especially when it is "I heard from a guy..." as the source.

None taken, I wouldnt expect to it to be received with anything other than skepticism, as I have no prior history here.

Just passing along information that can be cross-referenced at week's end for accuracy/validity.

I will say, the source is reliable. 

It's nice to see Dan Parker back under a new name. 

This sounds like a description of the leak, and an all-black primary doesn't sound like it will tie anything into the traditional/old set.

But hey, you do you - nobody will know for sure until Thursday. :) 

Archived