Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

It's been quite clear for sometime what the predominant colors are gonna be going forward from Shad's own words, social media, and just all the teams marketing in general has had a heavy emphasis on the Black, White and Teal. 

I was told during the season primaries were gonna be black. I was told 3/4 weeks or so ago that's it's teal, I understand things change. So honestly Thursday can't come fast enough because it's getting convoluted and I wanna see what we're getting, my heart and thoughts say teal but i'd got a fear it's gonna be black just because Shad's wife still doesn't like teal. 

There is absolutely a teal jersey, and they plan to wear it 2-3 times a season, (believe 2 is the max allowed by league rules currently). It is not their "primary" home jersey however.

13 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I think they can solve a lot of the lack of teal problems by wearing teal pants. 

Black jersey/teal pants

white jersey/teal pants

IMO the Jacksonville Jaguars = Teal jersey & white pants / White jersey & BLACK pants

20120928-FTAYLOR.jpgTaylor.jpg

maurice-jones-drew.jpgmauricejonesdrew2.jpg

It's beautiful, it's unique, and to me it's the Jags.

2 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

you posted this in the wrong thread I believe you needed the one that said unpopular opinion! or abomination opinion! just kidding... maybe!

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation for a younger team like the Jaguars. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

You what now?!?! It's the worst design element in NFL history imo 

4 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

Exactly. People said the Browns redesign was traditional and we know how that turned out.

I hope the Jaguars are more along the lines of Minnesota or Detroit. 

8 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

Hey now, we'll see if that's the lesson or not this Thursday. ;)

18 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

Buddy.. you didn't have to admit that.. no one was forcing you to, my guy.. :(

@ColJag Nothing personal because you've been really chill, especially with people calling you out, but I hope your wrong or the Jags make a last-minute adjustment or something. I think we all really want to see teal, but hopefully they at least have a teal pants instead of a monochrome black as the default home. Any info on potential Color Rush? Obviously teal would at least be an alternate. Are we perhaps seeing all-teal as a Color Rush? Is the horrible mustard gold staying around? 

Man, miss a few hours at work and the thread gets 4 pages longer.

I think there's been a lot of good (and civil) discussion over the last few pages. A lot of good points have been brought up. 

The whole black vs teal primary thing is, I think, actually an easy change to make. They aren't changing any designs, just designations. We've seen that time and time again in the NFL (Denver, Tennessee, Carolina). The only thing that could stump this is the NFL's deadline to make such designation, but I don't think we're close to that.

I had yet another person privately message me and say that the uniforms were very simple, black and teal only, with no gold. He called them "very Giants-like," but also said he only saw digital renderings. So I think it's quite possible it was just the leaks (at work at the time, didn't want to push). 

I drive by EverBank Field (the stadium hasn't changed any signage yet) every day to work, and have kept my eye out on any changes. Haven't seen any yet. But I did realize recently just how much signage consists of the current font. It's literally everywhere, in, on, and around the stadium. If the Jaguars were to change the font, it would mean a lot more changes were in store than just the jerseys and some aesthetics of the stadium. 

In regards to marketing, and social media specifically, I don't think too much can be drawn overall. We saw Tennessee use a completely different font and Greek pattern for a while, to no avail on the uniforms. From what I know at Auburn, the marketing designs will change every year or so. Whether it follows anything uniform-related in design is up to a case-by-case basis. So, while the teal and white look is interesting, there's a fair chance it has no bearing on the uniforms. The "Return to Tradition" motto is much more deliberate. But, as discussed previously, it is entirely up to perception. Is tradition the winning ways when Coughlin was here originally? Or the design? The style of player? I don't know. 

Regardless, Thursday morning can't come soon enough. I'm not entirely sure when they'll actually reveal the uniforms. Don't think they've said. The State of the Franchise address usually lasts about an hour, with some post show interviews, so it might be 1:00 EST or so before we actually see them.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I just want nice looking uniforms to start, don't really care what order yet.  We can always revolt after the fact if the teal is still the alternate....Let's say the Teal is the alternate.  Is there rules for switching an alternate to the primary in future seasons?

25 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

^ Regarding to stadium signage. It is very possible they keep their current wordmark but still go with a block font (which is apparently what might be the case) and still be able to prevent any major stadium changes. 

Agreed. I was just surprised at just how much around town features the font. If the Titans, per say, did the same thing and plan to match all to the new font, it's a logistical nightmare I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, GigantorinJax said:

I just want nice looking uniforms to start, don't really care what order yet.  We can always revolt after the fact if the teal is still the alternate....Let's say the Teal is the alternate.  Is there rules for switching an alternate to the primary in future seasons?

Nope, just have to file and be approved by the league by a certain date (mid-summer, I think)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Will NIKE be smart enough not go too literal in some spots? I think we're safe from jaguar print, but what about claw marks?

Football_Helmet_Decals.jpg

can they resist the urge to place these somewhere?

I don't get the claw marks on uniforms.

If you're supposed to be ferocious Jaguars or Panthers or whatever shouldn't the claw marks be on the other team. 

You want to be dishing out the claw marks not receiving them. 

Archived