JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

Recommended Posts

The leaks and deceptions are neither traditional for the Jaguars nor any football team in general.. The phrase "return to tradition" HAS GOT to actually mean something.. If they come out with practice jerseys featuring only black and teal, I'll lead a one-man revolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I think they can solve a lot of the lack of teal problems by wearing teal pants. 

Black jersey/teal pants

white jersey/teal pants

Coughlin said the uniform was "classic, traditional, and distinctive". From what we have heard I don't know how they would be distinctive without teal pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The leaks and deceptions are neither traditional for the Jaguars nor any football team in general.. The phrase "return to tradition" HAS GOT to actually mean something.. If they come out with practice jerseys featuring only black and teal, I'll lead a one-man revolt

 

If that happens:

tumblr_inline_ohlh3w8Xna1rbgili_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

Take a look at their IG feed. Everything is draped in teal. Preseason schedule, Poz retirement board, even the FA signing you mention had the board 80% teal.

 

https://www.instagram.com/jaguars/?hl=en

 

They've used teal as an accenting color on a majority of their announcements with predominant black & white usage.

 

That same IG feed has several examples.

 

I understand that folks may read into what the team has put out as a return to teal all over, but that's not what the primary uniforms will represent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been quite clear for sometime what the predominant colors are gonna be going forward from Shad's own words, social media, and just all the teams marketing in general has had a heavy emphasis on the Black, White and Teal. 

I was told during the season primaries were gonna be black. I was told 3/4 weeks or so ago that's it's teal, I understand things change. So honestly Thursday can't come fast enough because it's getting convoluted and I wanna see what we're getting, my heart and thoughts say teal but i'd got a fear it's gonna be black just because Shad's wife still doesn't like teal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

It's been quite clear for sometime what the predominant colors are gonna be going forward from Shad's own words, social media, and just all the teams marketing in general has had a heavy emphasis on the Black, White and Teal. 

I was told during the season primaries were gonna be black. I was told 3/4 weeks or so ago that's it's teal, I understand things change. So honestly Thursday can't come fast enough because it's getting convoluted and I wanna see what we're getting, my heart and thoughts say teal but i'd got a fear it's gonna be black just because Shad's wife still doesn't like teal. 

 

There is absolutely a teal jersey, and they plan to wear it 2-3 times a season, (believe 2 is the max allowed by league rules currently). It is not their "primary" home jersey however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I think they can solve a lot of the lack of teal problems by wearing teal pants. 

Black jersey/teal pants

white jersey/teal pants

IMO the Jacksonville Jaguars = Teal jersey & white pants / White jersey & BLACK pants

20120928-FTAYLOR.jpgTaylor.jpg

maurice-jones-drew.jpgmauricejonesdrew2.jpg

It's beautiful, it's unique, and to me it's the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

you posted this in the wrong thread I believe you needed the one that said unpopular opinion! or abomination opinion! just kidding... maybe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation for a younger team like the Jaguars. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

 

You what now?!?! It's the worst design element in NFL history imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

 

Exactly. People said the Browns redesign was traditional and we know how that turned out.

 

I hope the Jaguars are more along the lines of Minnesota or Detroit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that the lesson in all of this is that marketing shouldn't be taken as gospel. Like a lot of things in sports, these releases share a lot of the same vocabulary regardless of what they're actually describing. Buzzwords like "traditional" sound nice, and that's really all that they are meant to do. As other posters have been pointing out, a term like "tradition" is more open to a wider interpretation. I really believe that in this case it's simply referring to a cleaner, simpler design with the removal of the hated two-tone helmets. I guess we'll see who to believe soon. 

Hey now, we'll see if that's the lesson or not this Thursday. ;)

 

18 minutes ago, LWeirich1964 said:

I have to admit the two tone helmets were OK, but it is time for the Jaguars to undergo a complete change (uniform, helmet).

Buddy.. you didn't have to admit that.. no one was forcing you to, my guy.. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ColJag Nothing personal because you've been really chill, especially with people calling you out, but I hope your wrong or the Jags make a last-minute adjustment or something. I think we all really want to see teal, but hopefully they at least have a teal pants instead of a monochrome black as the default home. Any info on potential Color Rush? Obviously teal would at least be an alternate. Are we perhaps seeing all-teal as a Color Rush? Is the horrible mustard gold staying around? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do they choose to honor paul?  In a teal jersey.  It all seems way too coordinated just to come out with black primaries later this week.  

 

Screen_Shot_2018-04-16_at_4.46.40_PM.png

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jags new draft caps say "BLACK AND TEAL" Heavy indication of low gold presence?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Jags new draft caps say "BLACK AND TEAL" Heavy indication of low gold presence?????

Gold is dead, as is pertains to the Jaguars moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

You what now?!?! It's the worst design element in WORLD history imo 

Fify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, miss a few hours at work and the thread gets 4 pages longer.

 

I think there's been a lot of good (and civil) discussion over the last few pages. A lot of good points have been brought up. 

 

The whole black vs teal primary thing is, I think, actually an easy change to make. They aren't changing any designs, just designations. We've seen that time and time again in the NFL (Denver, Tennessee, Carolina). The only thing that could stump this is the NFL's deadline to make such designation, but I don't think we're close to that.

 

I had yet another person privately message me and say that the uniforms were very simple, black and teal only, with no gold. He called them "very Giants-like," but also said he only saw digital renderings. So I think it's quite possible it was just the leaks (at work at the time, didn't want to push). 

 

I drive by EverBank Field (the stadium hasn't changed any signage yet) every day to work, and have kept my eye out on any changes. Haven't seen any yet. But I did realize recently just how much signage consists of the current font. It's literally everywhere, in, on, and around the stadium. If the Jaguars were to change the font, it would mean a lot more changes were in store than just the jerseys and some aesthetics of the stadium. 

 

In regards to marketing, and social media specifically, I don't think too much can be drawn overall. We saw Tennessee use a completely different font and Greek pattern for a while, to no avail on the uniforms. From what I know at Auburn, the marketing designs will change every year or so. Whether it follows anything uniform-related in design is up to a case-by-case basis. So, while the teal and white look is interesting, there's a fair chance it has no bearing on the uniforms. The "Return to Tradition" motto is much more deliberate. But, as discussed previously, it is entirely up to perception. Is tradition the winning ways when Coughlin was here originally? Or the design? The style of player? I don't know. 

 

Regardless, Thursday morning can't come soon enough. I'm not entirely sure when they'll actually reveal the uniforms. Don't think they've said. The State of the Franchise address usually lasts about an hour, with some post show interviews, so it might be 1:00 EST or so before we actually see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.