Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I don't get the claw marks on uniforms.

If you're supposed to be ferocious Jaguars or Panthers or whatever shouldn't the claw marks be on the other team. 

You want to be dishing out the claw marks not receiving them. 

yeah I've made the same point.  Why would you want to look like your mascot got loose and shredded your players (or at least their clothes)?  

LIke with hockey logos that show the mascot chomping a stick - why would you let your mascot break literally the only thing you can use to score goals?

Because idiots, that's why.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Man, miss a few hours at work and the thread gets 4 pages longer.

I think there's been a lot of good (and civil) discussion over the last few pages. A lot of good points have been brought up. 

The whole black vs teal primary thing is, I think, actually an easy change to make. They aren't changing any designs, just designations. We've seen that time and time again in the NFL (Denver, Tennessee, Carolina). The only thing that could stump this is the NFL's deadline to make such designation, but I don't think we're close to that.

I had yet another person privately message me and say that the uniforms were very simple, black and teal only, with no gold. He called them "very Giants-like," but also said he only saw digital renderings. So I think it's quite possible it was just the leaks (at work at the time, didn't want to push). 

I drive by EverBank Field (the stadium hasn't changed any signage yet) every day to work, and have kept my eye out on any changes. Haven't seen any yet. But I did realize recently just how much signage consists of the current font. It's literally everywhere, in, on, and around the stadium. If the Jaguars were to change the font, it would mean a lot more changes were in store than just the jerseys and some aesthetics of the stadium. 

In regards to marketing, and social media specifically, I don't think too much can be drawn overall. We saw Tennessee use a completely different font and Greek pattern for a while, to no avail on the uniforms. From what I know at Auburn, the marketing designs will change every year or so. Whether it follows anything uniform-related in design is up to a case-by-case basis. So, while the teal and white look is interesting, there's a fair chance it has no bearing on the uniforms. The "Return to Tradition" motto is much more deliberate. But, as discussed previously, it is entirely up to perception. Is tradition the winning ways when Coughlin was here originally? Or the design? The style of player? I don't know. 

Regardless, Thursday morning can't come soon enough. I'm not entirely sure when they'll actually reveal the uniforms. Don't think they've said. The State of the Franchise address usually lasts about an hour, with some post show interviews, so it might be 1:00 EST or so before we actually see them.

I think you hit it on the head with regards to the designations.

If you take into account how the uniforms even play out over a season, with a team having 8 home game in regular season, and in Jax's case the early season games they use white tops due to heat, the use of the black tops could end up being at an even ratio at home to the teal tops, (say 3:3 w/ 2 home games in white early on).

So while the technical "Home tops" are black, they'd be using the teal nearly an equal amount of time, at least at The Bank, which is where their focus is with this marketing talk anyway.

2 minutes ago, ColJag said:

If you take into account how the uniforms even play out over a season, with a team having 8 home game in regular season, and in Jax's case the early season games they use white tops due to heat, the use of the black tops could end up being at an even ratio at home to the teal tops, (say 3:3 w/ 2 home games in white early on).

So while the technical "Home tops" are black, they'd be using the teal nearly an equal amount of time, at least at The Bank, which is where their focus is with this marketing talk anyway.

That's a very good point, I didn't even think of that. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I have to say, I haven't the slightest clue what the uniform will look like, no inside information, and haven't been scouring the interwebs for all the info.  But ColeJag seems pretty reasonable to me, the stuff that he or she is saying makes sense. At least it seems more believable than just basing a guess on Tom Coughlin's reputation as a no nonsense guy.

It's evolutionary, not revolutionary.

It honors the past, while ushering in the future.

It upholds our traditions, while starting new ones.

It pays homage to the greatest fans in the NFL and the greatest city in the world.

It's modern yet timeless.  Classic yet contemporary.

Did I miss anything?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Getting rid of, or minimizing gold is a mistake, in my opinion. Gold accents looked great. The all gold color rush uniform wasn’t good together, but theoretically that jersey with black pants or the black jersey with the gold pants and an all black helmet would probably actually look pretty good. I’m not saying that gold pants should be a regular thing, however. Like I said earlier, I think the previous set, was a couple changes from being really good.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

It pays homage to the greatest fans in the NFL and the greatest city in the world.

Did I miss anything?

Bold, yet reserved

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did I miss anything?

Nope

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did I miss anything?

'We're going to sell the hell out of the Ramsey 20s, after he tweets a fire emoji with his new jersey pic!'

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did I miss anything?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

36 minutes ago, ColJag said:

The only sucky thing with this is that teams can only wear alternates 2x a year, and with Thursday Color Rush being dead there's no chance of it being slipped in for a 3rd time. 

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:
4 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

You what now?!?! It's the worst design element in WORLD history imo 

Fify

I thought of some worse ones, but it got a little dark for a Jaguars uniform thread.

Spoiler

jude2.gif

17 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The only sucky thing with this is that teams can only wear alternates 2x a year, and with Thursday Color Rush being dead there's no chance of it being slipped in for a 3rd time. 

Even if it is say 4 Black, 2 Teal, 2 White, that's 6/8 home games where their look is Black & Teal in some variety, which is what they've been trying to get across.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I thought of some worse ones, but it got a little dark for a Jaguars uniform thread.

Reveal hidden contents

jude2.gif

Great one, dude. Let’s definitely make Holocaust jokes on this sports uniforms forum. And don’t pretend it was innocent; by putting a spoiler warning on it you know it’s not harmless or innocent

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived