Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

32 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Great one, dude. Let’s definitely make Holocaust jokes on this sports uniforms forum. And don’t pretend it was innocent; by putting a spoiler warning on it you know it’s not harmless or innocent

Completely agree. It’s never acceptable to make a joke about that, and just four days after Holocaust Remembrance Day? Sheesh, @Cosmic...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Great one, dude. Let’s definitely make Holocaust jokes on this sports uniforms forum. And don’t pretend it was innocent; by putting a spoiler warning on it you know it’s not harmless or innocent

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Completely agree. It’s never acceptable to make a joke about that, and just four days after Holocaust Remembrance Day? Sheesh, @Cosmic...

The hyperbole of saying it was the worst in "world history" invited a comparison to some of the actual worst things in world history. I don't think it matters whether it's four or 158 days past Holocaust Remembrance Day, and it wasn't any kind of endorsement or denial... I was literally saying it was the worst thing in the world. I think tons of horrible historical events are referenced casually without repercussion. There is a mashup GIF posted just hours ago in another thread of Joe Thornton interspersed with soldiers thrown into the meat grinder of WWI that probably won't get any blowback. The admiral just said that he wished the Vegas shooting took place in the Golden Knights' team offices. Still, I didn't need to go there. I won't bother deleting it, since it's been quoted, but I'll probably keep that one in the quiver next time.

34 minutes ago, Teal said:

I'm thinking we could get a leak and see a uni before Thursday reveal like we did for the Titans....

The big difference between the Titans and Jags reveals is that the Titans jerseys were to go on sale as soon as they were unveiled while the Jags won’t be selling theirs until a week after the unveil. This reduces the chances that some retail joint is gonna get their box of jerseys and open it too early like they did with the Titans.

16 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The big difference between the Titans and Jags reveals is that the Titans jerseys were to go on sale as soon as they were unveiled while the Jags won’t be selling theirs until a week after the unveil. This reduces the chances that some retail joint is gonna get their box of jerseys and open it too early like they did with the Titans.

Good point... I guess that eliminates the chance of a leak.

Jaguars

6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The only sucky thing with this is that teams can only wear alternates 2x a year, and with Thursday Color Rush being dead there's no chance of it being slipped in for a 3rd time. 

I wonder what comes of the Uniform based discussions at the owner's meeting in May. This could be a rule that changes for sure

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's evolutionary, not revolutionary.

It honors the past, while ushering in the future.

It upholds our traditions, while starting new ones.

It pays homage to the greatest fans in the NFL and the greatest city in the world.

It's modern yet timeless.  Classic yet contemporary.

Did I miss anything?

"Powerful light, powerful darkness" -Luke

6 hours ago, Teal said:

Good point... I guess that eliminates the chance of a leak.

Retailers like Fanatics arent releasing the products until next week, but I can tell you that doesn't mean employees havent seen them.

The team is just doing a really good job thus far of keeping everyone involved under wraps.

I have to jump in here and say that I'm a BIG fan of the leaked images from March. 

The uniforms are gorgeous. Simple yet modern. 

I'll also say that if what @ColJag is saying is true, it would be a HUGE mistake to make the numbering white on the black jerseys and not keep the numbers teal on the black jerseys from the leaked images. 

17 minutes ago, ColJag said:

Retailers like Fanatics arent releasing the products until next week, but I can tell you that doesn't mean employees havent seen them.

The team is just doing a really good job thus far of keeping everyone involved under wraps.

Fanatics should have the jerseys available for pre-order this week. They had the Titans jerseys available for pre-order the day after the unveiling.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To Clint's point about the stadium signage - he's not wrong, but they are changing the stadium name signage to "TIAA Bank Field" this summer, so they could add the task of changing everything else to that, if they wanted to.

31 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

I have to jump in here and say that I'm a BIG fan of the leaked images from March. 

I'll also say that if what @ColJag is saying is true, it would be a HUGE mistake to make the numbering white on the black jerseys and not keep the numbers teal on the black jerseys from the leaked images. 

I know. Who wants legibility of numbers when watching a football game? 

12 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I know. Who wants legibility of numbers when watching a football game? 

We've got a sarcastic one here folks. 

I understand your point. And I thought about that. But, it remains to be seen whether that'd be an issue or not. I think going with the better look would be worth the risk. 

5 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

I understand your point. And I thought about that. But, it remains to be seen whether that'd be an issue or not. I think going with the better look would be worth the risk. 

We already know this doesn't work. The 49ers have already proven it with their black jerseys with red font. 

12 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Orange on brown works in theory, but the Browns have abandoned the practice twice (in 1984, they changed the numbers to white before the regular season, and now they’ve basically just stopped wearing the brown jerseys). I don’t think the Jaguars’ deep teal on black would be any better than that situation, and I’d expect a similar outcome if they tried it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Now THIS is what I came to SEE.

Boys, I’m gonna need a minute..

That's pretty good.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

My understanding is Nike and the team held a, "field test", and the teal numbering on black jerseys tested poorly with regards to visibility from press box and upper stands. So they moved on to white on black.

Archived