Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

55 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The Jags' original numbering was just a terrible font/drop shadow combination. It wasn't illegible because of a lack of contrast.

nXX8gBP.png

It's also worth noting that the teal uniforms had white numbers with no drop shadow that provided sufficient contrast. They only wore those once in the preseason, against the 49ers on August 18, 1997:

49ers-Jaguars-1997-004.jpg

The thing is 97 wasn't the first font they had because they had a modified block for 95 and 96.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "expect a teaser tonight" comments aren't really unexpected. Of course they're going to put out teasers. That's how these things work. That's how the marketing department works. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

The "expect a teaser tonight" comments aren't really unexpected. Of course they're going to put out teasers. That's how these things work. That's how the marketing department works. 

In '13, they revealed a small piece each day the week of the reveal too.

32 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Half past 8 est and nothing yet. Maybe the Jags are more tight lipped than we thought

Not to mention that DP’s second account over here is beginning to look mighty suspect with each passing minute...

(I kid, of course, as this guy has handled himself much better here than DP ever did. However, I keep in mind that there were some pretty nice guys who were posting their own “leaks” right up against the Titans reveal that were utterly false, including one who came into my DMs with rather convincing and well-presented “proof” that the Titans would have a red color rush jersey, so I can’t help but take every “leaker” with a grain of salt these days.)

5 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Thanks for posting this tweet. I’m guessing the team just bought some black paint to pour on the helmets though. I personally don’t put any stock into the type of black paint they are having players pour on the helmets. 

That would be just like the Jags...after all when they designed the 2013 helmet they sent the equipment manager to Home Depot to get a few cans of matte black spray paint...and made sure he brought back the receipt.

31 minutes ago, Gupti said:

(I kid, of course, as this guy has handled himself much better here than DP ever did. However, I keep in mind that there were some pretty nice guys who were posting their own “leaks” right up against the Titans reveal that were utterly false, including one who came into my DMs with rather convincing and well-presented “proof” that the Titans would have a red color rush jersey, so I can’t help but take every “leaker” with a grain of salt these days.)

What is the motivation is to lie about this kind of stuff? To feel like a big shot? To pretend you're in the know? I just don't get it.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, MiK said:

What is the motivation is to lie about this kind of stuff? To feel like a big shot? To pretend you're in the know? I just don't get it.

Indeed. I really don't have any incentive in being proven right either, other than a, "Yep, guess he did know." 

I just enjoy the forum and felt like passing the information along as I hear it.

6 hours ago, Survival79 said:

It is from the Jaguars. It is from one of their original proposed color schemes. It's a Neon Teal. (Colors courtesy of ColorWerx.)

Untitled.png

Jacksonville_Jaguars_1993.png

I know that silver doesn't really make sense for the Jags, but I can't help but just love this color scheme. It just demonstrates how much better they would look if they focused on the vibrant teal and gold over black.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, henburg said:

I know that silver doesn't really make sense for the Jags, but I can't help but just love this color scheme. It just demonstrates how much better they would look if they focused on the vibrant teal and gold over black.

A white sock with matching striping while wearing white jerseys is a style I wish more teams would go back to. 

Just now, ColJag said:

Indeed. I really don't have any incentive in being proven right either, other than a, "Yep, guess he did know." 

I just enjoy the forum and felt like passing the information along as I hear it.

That is what separates you from our old friend, at least. He just had to ham it up with his “I told you so!”s and “Um, I think I deserve any apology!”s when he hadn’t even struck anything, which made him look even worse when he was dead wrong.

Got a really quick look this week. Images I saw  appeared to be press images. Were not renders.

Players were in jerseys. Could have been concepts, but I was lead to believe these were final. 

Sets: Teal/Teal Black/Black White/white. Briefly saw another image of mismatched sets. 

Teal really stood out.  I love the addition of teal pants. Will look great paired with road whites.

Other notes:

White numerals on black and teal jerseys, no outline. Just plain white numerals. Classic?Traditional? Plain. I am hoping they will look better on field than promo images. 

Logo seemed bigger on  helmet, but was hard to tell from angles. 

Mismatched collar color similar to what ravens have had. Probably due to template.

Teal swoosh really pops on black jersey. 

Shield has been replaced with logo on jersey

Best way to describe is to take current sets, and erase gold shoulder stripes off uniforms and add plain white numerals. 

If there was a complaint that the Titans did too much, there might be either celebration over the minimal nature of Jags redesign. It is certainly a safer redesign than what Titans went with. 

12 minutes ago, aujag61 said:

Got a really quick look this week. Images I saw  appeared to be press images. Were not renders.

Players were in jerseys. Could have been concepts, but I was lead to believe these were final. 

Sets: Teal/Teal Black/Black White/white. Briefly saw another image of mismatched sets. 

Teal really stood out.  I love the addition of teal pants. Will look great paired with road whites.

Other notes:

White numerals on black and teal jerseys, no outline. Just plain white numerals. Classic?Traditional? Plain. I am hoping they will look better on field than promo images. 

Mismatched collar color similar to what ravens have had. Probably due to template.

Best way to describe is to take current sets, and erase gold shoulder stripes off uniforms and add plain white numerals. 

If there was a complaint that the Titans did too much, there might be either celebration over the minimal nature of Jags redesign. It is certainly a safer redesign than what Titans went with. 

Another new user, but info that is consistent with the leaks. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

6 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Another new user, but info that is consistent with the leaks. 

It’s almost as if he used the “leaks” to make educated guesses that sound “right” enough to garner some clout, which is why they would sound “consistent.”?

That’s basically what the deal was with all of the Titans “leakers.” Every single one of them.

Im just not having it with any of these guys. I wish there was a separate thread for posting potential “leaks” because they’ve just been so unproductive here and in the Titans thread.

1 hour ago, aujag61 said:

Other notes:

Do the numerals look like what the Steelers currently use? Overall it sounds pretty similar to these. Just swap gold for teal, the logo is probably in the same spot.

x8zfYma.jpg

49 minutes ago, Gupti said:

It’s almost as if he used the “leaks” to make educated guesses that sound “right” enough to garner some clout, which is why they would sound “consistent.”?

That’s basically what the deal was with all of the Titans “leakers.” Every single one of them.

Im just not having it with any of these guys. I wish there was a separate thread for posting potential “leaks” because they’ve just been so unproductive here and in the Titans thread.

At this point I'm so nervous for black numbers on teal or teal numbers on black, that I'll take the momentary lies of "I've seen them and the numbers are white". Even if it's only for 36 more hours.

Archived