Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

2 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

At this point I'm so nervous for black numbers on teal or teal numbers on black, that I'll take the momentary lies of "I've seen them and the numbers are white". Even if it's only for 36 more hours.

I’m the opposite, I really wish all this talk about white numbers on the black and teal jerseys was false. Everyone I’ve talked to is telling me the same thing though. White numbers, no outline. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I’m the opposite, I really wish all this talk about white numbers on the black and teal jerseys was false. Everyone I’ve talked to is telling me the same thing though. White numbers, no outline. 

With no outlines you can't go black on teal or teal on black. It'd be a stupid design decision. Those numbers would be unreadable.

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

With no outlines you can't go black on teal or teal on black. It'd be a stupid design decision. Those numbers would be unreadable.

And let's just be real here TC is getting old those eyes aren't as good as they used to be and he needs to see from the press box now ;)

Looks like someone in the Jags organization hated the two-tone so much they had to photoshop them out of the picture on the players offseason binders. You can see the division where the gold used to be and they are clearly wearing the old jerseys.

Xo1Hgw_HY5shFHgI8GV6PjuT4nM1GGA3gBWXTvnP

10 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Steelers, Packers, 49ers, Vikings, Giants, and Cowboys (white jerseys) are all teams two hue color schemes, but single color numbers. (Jets and Colts, too, obviously, but they have no choice.)  I've always liked the look... it can be pretty classic and clean. 

Remember when everyone said not to read into the owner’s letter to the fans using the words “black, white, and teal” as an indicator of what the uniforms will look like? Those were fun times. Sure miss when the color scheme was teal, black, and gold.

jacksonville-jaguars.jpgseahawks-jaguars-football-c3b06b607c2140011518fournette1.jpg?itok=ukzF6jgSThese from the right angle for the helmet to look all black are that and teal socks away from being really good. Take off the shield got the logo....I feel like they are gonna take a downgrade on this one. The only terrible thing of that set is the helmet.

11 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The black jersey was terrible from that set. Teal sleeps, shiny shoulders, gold collar thingy. The away jersey was the best. Teal jersey was okay except the numbers and gold color. If black is gonna be the primary, they can only go up.

It has been one of the worst sets the past 5 years. I'm not sure why anybody is saying it's any good all of the sudden. The only looks that I found passable were White/Black or Teal/Black.

21 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

pg2_g_fred_taylor_400.jpg15683155%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

What they had was better than what they've tried to replace it with. 

I fully expect them to release a throwback of these in the future, but the crawler logo was not going to come back and I honestly don't think you can recreate this look without it. A fresh start was the only choice and hopefully they did a good job of that.

It does seem like having a "clean" look is becoming more popular in the NFL. Maybe the Vikings and Jaguars can pave the way for teams like the Browns, Rams, and Broncos.

1 minute ago, Ajarzebra said:

I fully expect them to release a throwback of these in the future, but the crawler logo was not going to come back and I honestly don't think you can recreate this look without it. A fresh start was the only choice and hopefully they did a good job of that.

It does seem like having a "clean" look is becoming more popular in the NFL. Maybe the Vikings and Jaguars can pave the way for teams like the Browns, Rams, and Broncos.

Are they barred from using the full-cat sleeve logo on those Jags/Taylor jerseys?

Those old jerseys are exactly why I don’t mind simple jerseys just as ling as the numbers are outlined. If those leaks that came out in march ended up being the real deal but with just the numbers being outlined like the older ones and our current font it would look amazing!

3 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

Are they barred from using the full-cat sleeve logo on those Jags/Taylor jerseys?

No but I don't think Shad is interested in bringing back a look that he wasn't a part of. Also the new logo wasn't designed to have a full body secondary. If they wanted to do it they would have in 2013 when they redesigned the logo.

1 minute ago, tlmac55 said:

Btw the new logo could absolutely work on a full body jaguar as a logo...https://imgur.com/a/wRYSr

I don't personally think that looks good, but to me the original also looks a little floaty and weird. It might be the fact that they isolate just the head for a separate logo it's a bit odd but never bothered me. In my opinion it was the best way they could really use the gold on a teal jersey, and that makes it really difficult to use this color combo again.

I'm just thankful that Papa Tom came back and saved teal. We almost lost it I'll never forget those awful color rush unis.

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

It has been one of the worst sets the past 5 years. I'm not sure why anybody is saying it's any good all of the sudden. The only looks that I found passable were White/Black or Teal/Black.

Couldn't agree more. I honestly need someone to explain to me how it could be considered good at all because all I see is a huge mess. I suppose a lot of people glance over the whole and think "ah yes, badass modern uniform (helmet aside, ofc)." 

But, look closely and you'll see so many elements that are mish-mashed together with no rhyme or reason. What business does a teal parallelogram of a pants stripe (flanked with teeny slivers of gold and white for some reason) have being paired with a jersey with a bunch of unrelated shoulder detail and a black/gold helmet? Why are the shoulders so stacked and busy with the gold collar spikes, shiny plastic thingies, shield patch, and tv numbers while the sleeves are just filled in with solid teal, adorned with a swoosh and nothing else? What the hell even are those shiny plastic thingies? I've still not seen a decent explanation for them except as "claw marks," which makes zero sense. I swear they deserve to be reviled as much as the helmet except for the fact that they can be mostly ignored.

They threw a lot at the wall here and somehow ended up with a whole that is worth less than the sum of its parts. That's not a "decent modern look except for the helmet." That's a mess.

My only fear going into Thursday is that we go from a team that has a notably trashy look to a team that has a completely listless aesthetic (like the 2009 revamp).

Archived