JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

14 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Ya OBVIOUSLY when you say you hate Nike pant stripes you just meant the ones you don’t like and not the classics. I should totally just understand that.

Nike had nothing to do with the ones he likes but just the ones he does not like! C'mon man it was pretty OBVIOUS what he meant!

2 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Here's a mock-up of @Conrad.'s mock-up. 

un7eTCK.png

Looks like a classic college uniform. Plain pants suck unless your Penn State or UCLA

7 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

What a bore. Such a missed opportunity.

Why do teams insist on having their logo plastered on every part of the uniform? Helmet, jersey, and pants? remove the jersey one and it would be a whole lot better. The panthers have this same problem.

I think it's a very good step in the right direction and something that Nike needs to do more of, instead of, well, virtually everything they've been doing otherwise.  Give or take a Vikings.

Assuming this is all true, I'm pretty happy. It's a totally fine, serviceable, set. Much better than the previous set, or the update that their division rivals in Tennessee got. The lack of gold is disheartening, but outside of basically just copying their 90s set that seemingly everybody (including me), I suspect that getting gold to work with that many colors would have been very difficult. 

3 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Here are the combinations -- 

un7eTCK.png

vAx21ZG.png

juEn0RL.png

uUNb4xy.png

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.png

NaM5gZ8.png

gJUnHwJ.png

chhbpPk.png

You need to thin out the numerals, and they're not that blockish. The 7 for example, doesnt have the rectangular bottom.

24 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

Beautiful, elegant and timeless.

24 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

Looks solid to me.

4 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

vAx21ZG.png

juEn0RL.png

uUNb4xy.png

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.png

NaM5gZ8.png

gJUnHwJ.png

chhbpPk.png

Gross.  Plain pants remind of the Ravens. There’s no character in these bland bores at all.  They were going for classic and iconic but that just doesn’t go with the Jaguars.  I’m sure they’ll look simple and clean but I have a feeling the fanbase is going to miss the old uniforms.  These literally look like practice uniforms with game socks.  

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Gross.  Plain pants remind of the Ravens. There’s no character in these bland bores at all.  They were going for classic and iconic but that just doesn’t go with the Jaguars.  I’m sure they’ll look simple and clean but I have a feeling the fanbase is going to miss the old uniforms.  These literally look like practice uniforms with game socks.  

If true*, then the fanbase deserves to have the team move. Not to somewhere like London, but somewhere even dumber, like Albuquerque or Des Moines. 

Spoiler

I don't believe this to be true.

3 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

NFL teams need to start sending Vincent Vega and PItt into Nike for the redesign process...rewatch this scene and put it into that context.

ZTY5Yzc0MDU1NiMvcHh0TzRjd01nRENoSi13bWtX

20120928-FTAYLOR.jpg

fl-sp-dolphins-garfinkel-20170607

browns-season-preview-group.jpg

25b0743c88aa1813a8c002c9c4b9edd7--footba

BucsCardinals2.jpg

v31766.jpg

hi-res-154839695_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=

Off topic for a second......dolphins vs bucs or dolphins vs browns would have been a great matchup 

3 hours ago, Volt said:

I understand why those who like traditional looks did not like it, but the Jags were born in the 90's, not the 50's, and it suited them.  Coughlin can try to make this team look like the Giants/Packers/whatever as much as he wants...but they're still a 90's team and they can't hide from that. 

90s means 2010s design trends? 

I mean the team’s 90s look was pretty damn traditional.

These would certainly be an improvement, but in some ways its overkill in the opposite direction. They went from one of the busiest abominations in the league to one of the most vanilla uniforms in the league. I love classic, simple uniforms more than anyone, but these just don't work for me. Maybe its the brand, I don't know, but they just seem to be missing something. I think some striping down the pants would do wonders, as would incorporating gold more as a highlight color.

12 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

un7eTCK.png

vAx21ZG.png

juEn0RL.png

uUNb4xy.png

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.png

NaM5gZ8.png

gJUnHwJ.png

chhbpPk.png

Seeing it like this....it’s god awful...not awful in a ‘it looks like complete crap’ kinda way but awe full as in its extremely extremely bland....(btw no disrespect to you. Your render looks amazing. This comment is more towards the actual design lol)

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

90s means 2010s design trends? 

I mean the team’s 90s look was pretty damn traditional.

And it adhered to the 90s tradition of expansion teams using teal (or purple). 

4 hours ago, DeFrank said:

One day, when the the Dolphins return to the classic logo, and the Jets are wearing green helmets, and every team except the Colts is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment. 

This is the beginning of a new stage in NFL uniform trends. Just like the last trend, it started in college 2-3 years ago, and is now catching up to the NFL. If the Jaguars keep winning, it’s only more likely that teams who want to update their uniforms for legitimacy’s sake will see a “simple, classic” look as the way to go.

"and NOBODY is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment."

Fixed it for you.