Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming this is all true, I'm pretty happy. It's a totally fine, serviceable, set. Much better than the previous set, or the update that their division rivals in Tennessee got. The lack of gold is disheartening, but outside of basically just copying their 90s set that seemingly everybody (including me), I suspect that getting gold to work with that many colors would have been very difficult. 

4 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Here are the combinations -- 

un7eTCK.png

vAx21ZG.png

juEn0RL.png

uUNb4xy.png

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.png

NaM5gZ8.png

gJUnHwJ.png

chhbpPk.png

Gross.  Plain pants remind of the Ravens. There’s no character in these bland bores at all.  They were going for classic and iconic but that just doesn’t go with the Jaguars.  I’m sure they’ll look simple and clean but I have a feeling the fanbase is going to miss the old uniforms.  These literally look like practice uniforms with game socks.  

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Gross.  Plain pants remind of the Ravens. There’s no character in these bland bores at all.  They were going for classic and iconic but that just doesn’t go with the Jaguars.  I’m sure they’ll look simple and clean but I have a feeling the fanbase is going to miss the old uniforms.  These literally look like practice uniforms with game socks.  

If true*, then the fanbase deserves to have the team move. Not to somewhere like London, but somewhere even dumber, like Albuquerque or Des Moines. 

Spoiler

I don't believe this to be true.

3 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

NFL teams need to start sending Vincent Vega and PItt into Nike for the redesign process...rewatch this scene and put it into that context.

ZTY5Yzc0MDU1NiMvcHh0TzRjd01nRENoSi13bWtX

20120928-FTAYLOR.jpg

fl-sp-dolphins-garfinkel-20170607

browns-season-preview-group.jpg

25b0743c88aa1813a8c002c9c4b9edd7--footba

BucsCardinals2.jpg

v31766.jpg

hi-res-154839695_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=

Off topic for a second......dolphins vs bucs or dolphins vs browns would have been a great matchup 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

3 hours ago, Volt said:

I understand why those who like traditional looks did not like it, but the Jags were born in the 90's, not the 50's, and it suited them.  Coughlin can try to make this team look like the Giants/Packers/whatever as much as he wants...but they're still a 90's team and they can't hide from that. 

90s means 2010s design trends? 

I mean the team’s 90s look was pretty damn traditional.

These would certainly be an improvement, but in some ways its overkill in the opposite direction. They went from one of the busiest abominations in the league to one of the most vanilla uniforms in the league. I love classic, simple uniforms more than anyone, but these just don't work for me. Maybe its the brand, I don't know, but they just seem to be missing something. I think some striping down the pants would do wonders, as would incorporating gold more as a highlight color.

12 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Here are the combinations -- 

un7eTCK.png

vAx21ZG.png

juEn0RL.png

uUNb4xy.png

QTllZws.png

urx5uV3.png

NaM5gZ8.png

gJUnHwJ.png

chhbpPk.png

Seeing it like this....it’s god awful...not awful in a ‘it looks like complete crap’ kinda way but awe full as in its extremely extremely bland....(btw no disrespect to you. Your render looks amazing. This comment is more towards the actual design lol)

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

90s means 2010s design trends? 

I mean the team’s 90s look was pretty damn traditional.

And it adhered to the 90s tradition of expansion teams using teal (or purple). 

4 hours ago, DeFrank said:

One day, when the the Dolphins return to the classic logo, and the Jets are wearing green helmets, and every team except the Colts is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment. 

This is the beginning of a new stage in NFL uniform trends. Just like the last trend, it started in college 2-3 years ago, and is now catching up to the NFL. If the Jaguars keep winning, it’s only more likely that teams who want to update their uniforms for legitimacy’s sake will see a “simple, classic” look as the way to go.

"and NOBODY is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment."

Fixed it for you. 

3 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

Off topic for a second......dolphins vs bucs or dolphins vs browns would have been a great matchup 

As a Dolphin fan, I'd like to see all the AFC East teams go back to their classic uniforms. Bills got the right look now... Jets are OK, though I do like their kelly green years a bit more... But that classic Pats uniform is a beauty. Watching the gorgeous Dolphin throwback go at it with the classic Pats, Bills and Jets would look amazing on my HDTV screen...

I'll be shocked if the quadfecta of no pant stripes, no sleeve stripes or logo, no helmet stripes, and no number outlines was actually approved by the league and Nike.

What's going to stop counterfeiting if everything is really plain except for "Oh hey, we have a Jags logo on the shoulder...they'll never figure that one out!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

These are a complete overcorrection and devoid of any personality. The Jaguars are not a classic team that should be dressing up like Penn State, Alabama, or the NY Giants. They are a 90s team that uses the most 90s color possible: teal.

I have never associated a standard block font with the Jags. Sure, they wore it for a fleeting moment in their franchise’s infancy, but beyond that they’ve always had custom fonts (Fred Taylor era, modified block on their late 2000s piping set, current font). If they wanted to go with a simple look, they should have let their custom font carry the design and give it some life rather than strip their set down to what is nearly now a practice uniform.

A simple design with their custom font (including the number outlines) and some form of pants stripes would do wonders for this set. As it is, it’s a perfectly serviceable and also completely bland uniform. There is no warmth to it with the total lack of gold. This set proves that they wanted to run far away from their current flop of a design and went about 10 steps too far and ended up with the most safe and again, bland look possible.

Archived