Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'll be shocked if the quadfecta of no pant stripes, no sleeve stripes or logo, no helmet stripes, and no number outlines was actually approved by the league and Nike.

What's going to stop counterfeiting if everything is really plain except for "Oh hey, we have a Jags logo on the shoulder...they'll never figure that one out!"

It's almost too simple, especially the pants.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

As a Dolphin fan, I'd like to see all the AFC East teams go back to their classic uniforms. Bills got the right look now... Jets are OK, though I do like their kelly green years a bit more... But that classic Pats uniform is a beauty. Watching the gorgeous Dolphin throwback go at it with the classic Pats, Bills and Jets would look amazing on my HDTV screen...

Absolutely. Too bad the Pats have had so much success in the Flying Elvis get-ups...otherwise, maybe we'd have seen a return to the Pat Patriot days by now.

A real casualty of the two helmet rule was the elimination of those uniforms...I loved those things, as much as I despise the Pats. 

If the AFC East went back to their classics, they'd have the best set of unis in the league (my opinion, of course). 

16 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I just learned about myself a little bit. I said I want teal tops or death as home mains. After seeing the black tops with teal pants, I've changed my mind. That is one of the best combos the NFL has seen.

I dunno about that; Coastal Carolina has teal pants and I don't think they've ever gone black/black/teal. Might not be that great.

But black/white/teal is pretty cool.

59bd99ef4ae83.image.jpg?resize=1200,891

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How bad would these look with a teal facemask? Also, does the helmet rule apply only to shells or shells and facemasks? I'm also in camp #TooPlain, but I really liked our current ones, so take that for what it's worth. I think I'm probably most disappointed in the lame-o block font. So unoriginal and uninspired. Also, Idk if this is the right place to ask this, but if teams really wanted, couldn't they achieve a new helmet color by simply shrink wrapping all the helmets with the desired color while leaving the original shell underneath to satisfy the rule? We can do it with cars, why can't we do it with helmets?

1 minute ago, llamafeed said:

How bad would these look with a teal facemask? Also, does the helmet rule apply only to shells or shells and facemasks? 

Shells only; a number of teams switch out facemasks/change facemask colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, ColJag said:

Im always intrigued by the sway of, "Man, Nike really Nikefied these into uber-modern hell. Just be basic." and "Oh my, these are so basic. They can use some modernization.".

Nike comes out with 1s and 10s when what people are looking for is 5.

Just now, sweeper13 said:

The Jacksonville Chamber just posted this on Twitter DbFLbLkWsAI6lEh.jpg

Which is the old font. Is this font just sticking around for a wordmark/marketing?

My educated guess is wordmark is staying the same. Wish they would have kept the font for the jersey too. 

The lack of a pants stripe (full or otherwise) is a miss, but I like these overall. I think they took the last set and got rid of the clutter, and I’m ok with that.

I wish there was some gold, and I’m curious how thick or thin the sleeve stripe really is, but this is an upgrade.

I like the simplicity and that they didn't come out with something to over the top like with the Titans. But its a little to simple and needs a touch of Gold. I really don't like the cuff stripe, on the Black and Teal jerseys it just blends in with the Cuff, whats the point of that, it just makes the cuff look a little wider.

Just now, llfhockey said:

Am I the only one who liked the uniforms before these new ones

the 2009 uniforms look fantastic in my opinion, not overdone, clean, no gold

Bz56bv5.jpg

fVbo17O.jpg

fXohMTV.jpg

These were awful. They got it right with their first ever set and have been going downhill ever since

54 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

If true*, then the fanbase deserves to have the team move. Not to somewhere like London, but somewhere even dumber, like Albuquerque or Des Moines. 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't believe this to be true.

You are correct, that statement is not true.

Archived