Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You knew exactly what he was trying to say. Stop being so pedantic. 

Did I, Ice Cap? Those are Nike pants and I bet he doesn’t hate them. Can you show me where “Nike stripes” are cataloged so I can reference that in the future? Or do I just have to get to know everyone so I know exactly what they are always intending without question?

1 minute ago, Brown1 said:

Did I, Ice Cap? Those are Nike pants and I bet he doesn’t hate them. Can you show me where “Nike stripes” are cataloged so I can reference that in the future? Or do I just have to get to know everyone so I know exactly what they are always intending without question?

You should know that “Nike stripes” don’t refer to stripes designed prior to Nike getting the exclusive contract. 

Those pants designs you posted are manufactured by Nike but they aren’t Nike designs. 

1 minute ago, Teal said:

I’m already looking forward to our new set in 2023. 

I’m curious, what team do you mean by “our?” What are your favorite teams, and what factors drove you to those alleigences?

I'm not trying to be rude, but rather I’m inquiring about your motivations.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You should know that “Nike stripes” don’t refer to stripes designed prior to Nike getting the exclusive contract. 

Those pants designs you posted are manufactured by Nike but they aren’t Nike designs. 

USATSI_10483704-e1513541957519.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSylbk3pSR4fq1rEY4eXbd

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

I’m curious, what team do you mean by “our?” What are your favorite teams, and what factors drove you to those alleigences?

I'm not trying to be rude, but rather I’m inquiring about your motivations.

I’ve been a Jags fan since 2000. Not sure what business you have trying to undermine my love for the team. 

Anyways, still looking forward to the offical reveal. 

Jaguars

It would be too bad if the new pants don't have stripes. That's a very amateurish look IMO. Not crazy about the lack of gold, but I don't think it will be a deal breaker. Also I would be really surprised if the numbers turn out to simply be a straight-up varsity block font, that being said, you can't really go wrong with a nice block font, especially in one- color.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

"and NOBODY is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment."

Fixed it for you. 

Nah but we're seeing an 80s revival, not a 60s revival. The 60s revival happened with the Jets and Giants in the late 90s early 00s.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

39 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

I personally believe that you simply lack empathy if you’re going to keep interpreting people’s statements with such odd technicalities.

39 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

USATSI_10483704-e1513541957519.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSylbk3pSR4fq1rEY4eXbd

This post makes a bit more sense, as if to say “hold up now, Nike has designed some decent pants stripes before.” However, posting those stripes from teams designed in the 60s because they were used on pants that were manufactured by Nike at some point as if they are “Nike pants stripes” is a technicality that only you would come up with and it doesn’t make sense in context. It feels like you’re pulling our legs because this behavior is unique to you. That is why you have caught so much ire.

Every team has to choose between a modern or classic identity. To have a modern uniform, the design must be updated frequently to keep up with the trends. To have a classic uniform, the design must be so simple that it doesn't require updating even when the trends are changing around them. To be successful in either direction, you have to go all in. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that did something so unconventional that they stuck or they are so simple that they've lasted long enough to grow on everyone. The Jaguars seem to be choosing the classic direction so they've simplified their uniform to the basics of their identity. Be frustrated with their team identity, not the design.

2 minutes ago, JViking5 said:

Every team has to choose between a modern or classic identity. To have a modern uniform, the design must be updated frequently to keep up with the trends. To have a classic uniform, the design must be so simple that it doesn't require updating even when the trends are changing around them. To be successful in either direction, you have to go all in. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that did something so unconventional that they stuck or they are so simple that they've lasted long enough to grow on everyone. The Jaguars seem to be choosing the classic direction so they've simplified their uniform the the basics of their identity. Be frustrated with their team identity, not the design.

Disagree.  A uniform can be contemporary and classic at the same time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, JViking5 said:

Is there a contemporary classic that hasn't been deemed outdated within the decade?

The Houston Texans, Carolina Panthers, and the Denver Broncos come to mind. More recently, the Lions and Vikings have adopted great modern sets. I also love the Seahawks' look, although that'd be much more controversial here. 

9 minutes ago, JViking5 said:

Every team has to choose between a modern or classic identity. To have a modern uniform, the design must be updated frequently to keep up with the trends. To have a classic uniform, the design must be so simple that it doesn't require updating even when the trends are changing around them. To be successful in either direction, you have to go all in. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that did something so unconventional that they stuck or they are so simple that they've lasted long enough to grow on everyone. The Jaguars seem to be choosing the classic direction so they've simplified their uniform to the basics of their identity. Be frustrated with their team identity, not the design.

I'm also not sure that this statement makes any sense. What if I don't like this uniform mock up because I feel that it poorly accentuates their identity? To me, primarily black and white uniforms with plain block numbers look bad especially in the context of the vibrant identity of the Jaguars. In fact, I think that most would agree that the emphasis of black over teal is a total disconnect to the team's identity. 

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I personally believe that you simply lack empathy if you’re going to keep interpreting people’s statements with such odd technicalities.

This post makes a bit more sense, as if to say “hold up now, Nike has designed some decent pants stripes before.” However, posting those stripes from teams designed in the 60s because they were used on pants that were manufactured by Nike at some point as if they are “Nike pants stripes” is a technicality that only you would come up with and it doesn’t make sense in context. It feels like you’re pulling our legs because this behavior is unique to you. That is why you have caught so much ire.

Well thanks for being the third person to say the same thing. 

Archived