Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Just now, VikWings said:

I agree but I’ve pretty much accepted/become numb to the fact that teams are allergic to striped socks and aren’t smart enough to wear contrasting socks so I have to settle for pants stripes to break up the yoga pants looks even if it’s just a little. The Ravens and Saints still like a lot worse than teams with stripes.

Don't be a...

Sheep.jpg

Fight the Power!

556cc722ecad049c7e7ac4c1-750-563.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Don't be a...

Sheep.jpg

Fight the Power!

556cc722ecad049c7e7ac4c1-750-563.jpg

Wow.... you actually think that everything is NIKE'S FAULT. What about the people who made these kits????

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

Just now, NYUNDERDOGS said:

Wow.... you actually think that everything is NIKE'S FAULT. What about the people who made these kits????

Are you referring to the Nike redesigns? If you are, the designers HIRED by Nike, and corporations as large as Nike have CULTURE. NIke's culture is about burning the past and replacing it with what they think is better. Do you think the Titans, Browns, Jaguars, or Bucs would have actually have those atrocities if NIke just took the time to ask fans what they wanted? Yes, there are casual fans out there that could care less, but I'm pretty certain those people aren't on these boards. NIke tries these far reaching designs that end traditions that fans fell in love while growing up watching games with their friends and family. They sell these designs to the teams ownership by showing them the $$$. "This is how much money you can expect in jersey and merchandising sales." 

Great, now I have to basically watch Star Wars the Last Jedi 16 Sundays a year for 5 years, awesome! I know its a business, but at least allow me to look back to my childhood, by seeing beautiful uniforms that had no reason to be changed other than more money to owners and to pad the pride of an A-Hole designer at NIke that has never played a down of football. 

17 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Are you referring to the Nike redesigns? If you are, the designers HIRED by Nike, and corporations as large as Nike have CULTURE. NIke's culture is about burning the past and replacing it with what they think is better. Do you think the Titans, Browns, Jaguars, or Bucs would have actually have those atrocities if NIke just took the time to ask fans what they wanted? Yes, there are casual fans out there that could care less, but I'm pretty certain those people aren't on these boards. NIke tries these far reaching designs that end traditions that fans fell in love while growing up watching games with their friends and family. They sell these designs to the teams ownership by showing them the $$$. "This is how much money you can expect in jersey and merchandising sales." 

Great, now I have to basically watch Star Wars the Last Jedi 16 Sundays a year for 5 years, awesome! I know its a business, but at least allow me to look back to my childhood, by seeing beautiful uniforms that had no reason to be changed other than more money to owners and to pad the pride of an A-Hole designer at NIke that has never played a down of football. 

YIKES. I really hope this is satire. 

Blame the teams themselves, not Nike. Brands evolve, change happens, there's no need to be so personally offended by it. Frankly, I don't love every new design either, but I'd hate to live in a world where no teams ever change their look. Nike simply follows the team's instructions. They aren't holding a gun to anybody's head to adopt anything. As far as having to be a football player to understand uniform design, I think you know how ridiculous of an idea that is. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, henburg said:

Yikes. I really hope this is satire. 

Blame the teams themselves, not Nike. Brands evolve, change happens, there's no need to be so personally offended by it. Frankly, I don't love every new design either, but I'd hate to live in a world where no teams ever change their look. Nike simply follows the team's instructions. They aren't holding a gun to anybody's head to adopt anything. As far as having to be a football player to understand uniform design, I think you know how ridiculous of an idea that is. 

You must love those Nike videos that introduce the redesigns as well. 

18 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Teams can and do tell Nike to shove it. Teams that have uniforms with Nike BS asked for and got what they wanted. 

ncaa-football-michigan-at-penn-state-13d USATSI_10532557_168381178_lowres-1024x51

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, henburg said:

Yikes. I really hope this is satire. 

I welcome change, tweak here a tweak there, but you cannot make the argument that Nike hasn't ruined how the NFL and NBA look. 

15 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

I welcome change, tweak here a tweak there, but you cannot make the argument that Nike hasn't ruined how the NFL and NBA look. 

I personally love what Nike has done with the NBA. Every game is visually appealing. BUT this thread is about the Jags new threads, so let's keep it that way.

"We're going back to something more like our previous look."

"Yay!"

*uniform reveal happens*

"NO NO NOT THOSE ONES"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 minutes ago, sweeper13 said:

here we go

There are things I'm inclined to like about this.  That number font is unique and still feels classic, and the single layer numbers actually appeal to me quite a bit. BUT...

Once again, the amateur, small time high school look of the monochrome combos is what gets displayed, leading anyone to believe that those will be featured as the primary looks. Which will suck. Because monochrome in the NFL sucks.

"Here we go", indeed.

9 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

On the other Nike graphics I have that look awful similar to what is believed to be true, the pants with that set have some weird stripe at the bottom of the knee on the back. Looked odd. Hopefully they didn’t end up using the pants on the final set. I’ll pull a Dan Parker and tell a mod they can DM me an email address and I’ll share it with you. 

They went with option 2 of the Nike graphics package that I had. Option 1 was the one that leaked. Option 2 never got out. Notice the stripe things on the back of the pants. It’s almost like they mimicked the sock stripe on the pants. The only difference from the graphic I have is the number colors were teal on the black originally. Black on the teal jerseys. The number font is the exact same. Called modern block font. Was by far the best of the fonts. No teal on the away jerseys just like the leaked set I have. 

Archived