Crabcake47

2017 MLB Postseason Thread

This was one of those games that I don't think carries the momentum that usually comes from walk-offs or other late inning heroics.  It was a war of attrition that Houston should feel damn lucky to walk away from.

What a crazy game.

Greatest World Series Game 2 ever? 

Who knows. Prolly.

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Greatest World Series Game 2 ever? 

Who knows. Prolly.

1985 would like a word.

Just now, The Six said:

1985 would like a word.

Thanks, Grandpa. I'll give that one a check.

Yeah this series is going 6 or 7 I can definitely feel it. that said the fact that Dodgers didn't just give up and die plus Houston's bull pen looks pretty shaky, I'm still pretty confident the Dodgers win it. 

Houston's offense is back. Houston in 5?

Tough loss for the Dodgers, but honestly, still lots of silver linings. They have to feel good getting Verlander out of the game with a lead. And Seager homering. And even Culberson homering. And coming back in extra innings. They certainly made the Astros work for it. Only real downside was this was probably the first time all postseason the bullpen wasn't up to snuff. But hey, even Jansen has to blow it once in a while. It happens. Credit to the Astros, the guys they need hitting are doing just that.

That was one of the best things, period, I’ve ever seen. Wow.

Skin of teeth but happy for no sweep. Hopefully, we can close the roof on the World Series.

Will the roof be closed? MLB decides for postseason games, right?

48 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Has anyone actually taken time out of their weekday afternoon to wait it out at Taco Bell for one free, soggy, World Series taco?

Probably. Lots of people are cheap.

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Has anyone actually taken time out of their weekday afternoon to wait it out at Taco Bell for one free, soggy, World Series taco?

I did in 2008 when I was in college and had no money. Thanks, Ryan Howard!

24 hours ago there had been 17 extra-innings home runs in the entire history of the World Series. Last night there were five in one game.

Baseball is weird and great.

1 hour ago, waltere said:

24 hours ago there had been 17 extra-innings home runs in the entire history of the World Series. Last night there were five in one game.

Baseball is weird and great.

I read that last night's game included something like 25% of all extra inning homers hit in the World Series.

The Dodgers have scored ONE run that wasn't the result of a homer so far. Crazy. 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

I read that last night's game included something like 25% of all extra inning homers hit in the World Series.

The Dodgers have scored ONE run that wasn't the result of a homer so far. Crazy. 

That seems like Orioles-level offensive production. And they proved in 2014 that even with an amazing bullpen, that inability to manufacture runs will come back to bite them. LA needs to find different ways to score if they want to win. 

One thing that bugs me about sports broadcasts in recent years, especially playoff baseball, is how they'll use super super ultra slow motion for absolutely no reason. A guy could just be sitting in the dugout reacting to a play and it'll be 1000 frames per second. I dont know why but its a pet peeve of mine